View Poll Results: Who is the better basketball player?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boris Diaw

57 39.86%
  • David Lee

86 60.14%
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the Ramon Sessions effect. The Lakers' point guards have sucked so much since Magic left that we think Ramon Sessions is any good. Then he pees and s on his pants in the Playoffs and we're slapped by harsh reality.
    That's it, really.

Imagine how much Spurfan fellatio David Lee would be receiving if it were him the Spurs picked up, and not Diaw.

Picking Diaw is delusional. He's been useful, but come on...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's funny to read some Spurfans trying to argue for Diaw though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how Spurs fans rewrite how good of a defender Diaw is when he's nothing more than an average defender and overstate how bad David Lee is on defense because defense is the one thing that can't be proven right/wrong by statistics.

Outside of the fact Diaw passes well for a big man (even though Diaw is really a perimeter player who's forced to play PF and C because he's so in fat), I also don't see the high bball IQ. Players with high bball IQs don't pass up wide open shots like Diaw does. Someone with a high IQ also knows that being fat hinders one's ability to play basketball.
    Pretty much the rap on Diaw. He makes nice passes and can hit the 3. However, he passes up to many open shots and has a highly questionable work ethic. Say what you want about potential, but David Lee is putting down 20 and 10 right now.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It's the Ramon Sessions effect. The Lakers' point guards have sucked so much since Magic left that we think Ramon Sessions is any good. Then he pees and s on his pants in the Playoffs and we're slapped by harsh reality.
    He was illused. Brown turned a career 33% 3-point shooting slashing guard into a spot up shooter off double teams. Sessions is good at what he actually is and mediocre at what he isn't. Spot up shooter he isn't.

As for the thread, Diaw is the more talented player, which makes his self-inflicted mediocrity all the more enfuriating. His one good season came alongside MVP Nash. On his own, he's never done anything close since. Despite his seemingly unlimited skillset and ability, Diaw would rather skate on the minimum than be dedicated to fulfilling his potential. What good is 6-9 if all it does is float on the perimeter, athleticism if it's bloated thus slowed, post game if it only passes out of the situation, versatility if it's limited by fatassery, and potential if it settles rather than work?

Put Lee alongside MVP Nash and he averages 25 a game. But what's more impressive is the self motivation to play hard independent of others use of you.

It's Lee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lee is better than Diaw. The only reasonable arguments to the contrary are those based on the current and future salaries of the two players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no debate on that one.

One could wonder what could Diaw became if he worked as hard as kobe for instance. dude is talented, he has been once MIP... but definitely he is too lazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread seems to leave Spurs fans ing over the fact that Boris Diaw can revert back to his old form when he was with the Suns. I would much rather have David Lee over Boris Diaw any given day simply because the spurs have not had a big man who can average a double-double outside of Duncan since D-Rob left.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Boris Diaw. Even his name is fat.

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Poll coming. Vote on who you think is the better basketball player.

I'm making it public so I can easily identify a list of all the dumb s who pick Boris Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will bump this sometime next season when Diaw comes into camp with 10% BF and puts up 10, 7, and 3+ tbh

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    So basically what you're saying is that the season Boris Diaw hasn't had yet that you think he's gonna have are why you think he's been than David Lee?

In other words, with everything we know right now, ignoring the predictions your magic black & silver colored 8 ball is making, David Lee is better than Diaw.

The funny part is that David Lee still dominates a stat line of 10 7 and 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically what you're saying is that the season Boris Diaw hasn't had yet that you think he's gonna have are why you think he's been than David Lee?

In other words, with everything we know right now, ignoring the predictions your magic black & silver colored 8 ball is making, David Lee is better than Diaw.

The funny part is that David Lee still dominates a stat line of 10 7 and 3.
    Id still take the post-buyout Diaw. Same skillset as next years Boris will have, just overweight and new to the team. Lee probably would dominate that stat line with his 20-10 on the Warriors. Wouldnt make him a better player than Boris though.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    So what you're saying is that if Diaw wasn't overweight he'd be better than David Lee, even though Diaw has been overweight since 2006

Fuck yo team clown!!!!lol Grey Spurfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna bump this when Boris puts up a hypothetical fantasy stat line that still isn't close to David Lee's. That will show you.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'm gonna bump this when Boris puts up a hypothetical fantasy stat line that still isn't close to David Lee's. That will show you.

Fuck yo team clown!!!!lol Grey Spurfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You feel that? I'm hypothetically owning the outta you right now.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

post of the millenium.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    whoever runs the Grey Spurfan and Tubthumper trolls really needs to post more imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what you're saying is that if Diaw wasn't overweight he'd be better than David Lee, even though Diaw has been overweight since 2006
    Nah hes better regardless. His fatassness affected the amount of time he was able to stay on the court but when he was out there he played fine and showed hes a better basketball player than Lee.

More playing time+becoming more comfortable with the team will prove that even further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Lee. I like Diaw but the Diaw> Lee comments are nonsense. Better fit? Yeah, but not better player.

Tbh, if Diaw wasn't even a Spur, this wouldn't even be an argument. Spur fan would just call him a fatass who can't even get Charlotte past 7 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Kevin Love surpass Dirk? His stat line dominates Dirks!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'm also curious how Diaw is gonna average 7 rebounds a game when he couldn't do it playing 35 minutes a game as the starting C on the Suns and for that matter hasn't done it any other year as well

Additionally, if you feel Diaw is better right now based solely off what happened last year, it doesn't make sense why you keep feeling the need to bring up what you think Diaw will do next year.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Will Kevin Love surpass Dirk? His stat line dominates Dirks!
    when Dirk starts average 4 points and 4 rebounds while Kevin Love is still putting up 20 10, it'll mean Kevin Love has probably surpassed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep on hanging onto stats. Ive never said Diaws numbers are comparable to Lees, I said Diaw is a better player. A dumbass like Blair would likely put up double doubles with the Warriors if he was given enough minutes, it wouldnt make him a better player than Diaw even if Diaw simply did what he did with the Spurs last season (4 and 4). Undersized, unathletic PFs who play no defense but have a 'knack' for rebounding and can put up some points are some of the most overrated players in the league.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You said you're gonna bump this when Diaw averages 7 rebounds next year even though he has yet to have a season where he averages 7 rebounds. Point being, your basing an opinion off Diaw producing in a way he hasn't produced his entire career.

Why wasn't Diaw capable of putting up good numbers when he was on a team even tier than the Warriors?

And no, both Blair and Diaw would go into cardiac arrest if they tried to play 37 MPG on the Warriors.

It's just odd all of your reasons for why Diaw is better than Lee are reasons that can't be quantified or proven because they are completely subjective.

Thread Information