Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just thought of a decent idea, struggling to see which team would say no to this...

San Antonio
    Gives: DeJuan Blair, Gary Neal
    Receive: Taj Gibson

Chicago
    Gives: Taj Gibson, Carlos Boozer
    Receives: Gary Neal, Channing Frye

Phoenix
    Gives: Channing Frye
    Receives: Carlos Boozer, DeJuan Blair

It all works out as Phoenix has the cap space to take on Boozer. San Antonio obviously say yes to this, Phoenix would under the assumption they're happy acquiring any player with a name so they can sell tickets (Which is what I hear of Sarvar). Chicago rid themselves of that Boozer deal giving themselves considerable cap space next summer and get a cheap replacement for Kyle Korvers shooting.
    Taj would be absolutely PERFECT for the Spurs, but I don't see it happening...

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair is the only guy on the spurs that can get a double double besides Duncan and you want to get rid of him......

whatever...you guys don't know about basketball....

bonner lovers...all of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ Not only that, but he's the only big that we have that shows any sort of toughness and willingness to bang with the more physical players in the league. Without him our frontcourt is as soft as a pussy willow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair's a 6'5'' center. Get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Blair is more valuable as one of a few pieces in a trade proposal than he would be by himself. I can see a team at the trade deadline giving up a defensive minded athletic 6'10" big for a package of Blair + Bonner/Mills + future draft pick. An offer of something like Blair + Splitter + Mills + draft pick could potentially net a borderline star...
    We can't trade Mills until either Dec 15th or Jan 15th. Not sure which, but I know there is a waiting period for new FA signees. I read it regarding the now apparenlty dead NJ/Orl trade for Howard. Now that NJ has signed Lopez, he also cannot be traded for months.
    That's why I specified at the trade deadline, which is after the all-star break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    throw in a second rounder and lets get rid of bonner too

Thread Information