Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not think the spurs will sign anymore free agents. They will evaluate in what they got and hope to find a gem on the rough the summer league. Also, I think spurs moves will come through trade in the middle of the season. Don't be surprise this will happen. GO SPURS GO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, agreed.. you don't want to be like 95% of the fans here last season and totally give up on the team before the trade deadline only to hop back on the wagon when they start winning and/or make a big trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, spurs will sift thru what clears waivers and add a cheap vet big for the front court thus finally ridding themselves of the got that is matt bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner in full effect!!!! Damn i hate his game...........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a given and we should get used to it by now.....I wonder how long the FO will drag this same team without a defending big...When you sign tim for 3 more years, you should get him help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, spurs will sift thru what clears waivers and add a cheap vet big for the front court thus finally ridding themselves of the got that is matt bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is only one way to get their extra Big, now, considering their salary cap position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is only one way to get their extra Big, now, considering their salary cap position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think the Spurs have much of a choice? It should be obvious(by now) to most everyone on here that:
    1) They dont have any $$
    2) No FA wants to live/play in SA, especially when it means taking a pay cut
    3) No team wants any of the Spurs "available" pieces via trade...

So, its not like they are choosing to stay put..they just dont have any other options. This is why they are signing the guys they already have. If they didnt push to do this, they would lose those players and have lesser replacements..oh well, atleast I saw 4 les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand how Bonner could be so bad...

He has the size to do damage, but his mentality is that of a teenage girl who
    is noticing her breasts growing for the first time.

For instance, last year they passed to him at the baseline for a 3, and he faked his defender into the 3rd row, opening up the clearest lane to the hoop I've ever seen..
    He runs towards the hope but midway through the baseline, he puts up a little floater with no-one defending him, and it misses..

Now, I'm not asking for a thunderous dunk, but at least take that to the cup.
    This guy is 6'10, and he's built.. he is just a textbook pussyfart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will stick with this same exact team and lose again in the WCF again next year, if not the 2nd round.

Definition of 'Insanity': Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Einstein

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predicting the Spurs would make the WCF last December might have been considered Insanity back then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will stick with this same exact team and lose again in the WCF again next year, if not the 2nd round.

Definition of 'Insanity': Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Einstein
    Each season has its own set of surprises, twists and turns.

People seldom remember predictions...except at SpursTalk.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree
    Going with the same team won't get them to the finals. Last year the road was setup and open for a finals run and they could not get there.
    They just had to beat one tough playoff opponent and could not.

I don't see the Spurs getting past the 2nd round with the same team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this spurs team ISN'T going to challenge the bulls 72 win season?? I agree on the playoff predictions but who knows..it'll be real interesting to see how this team comes out the first 20-30 games though after the embarrassing debacle against OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For instance, last year they passed to him at the baseline for a 3, and he faked his defender into the 3rd row, opening up the clearest lane to the hoop I've ever seen..

He runs towards the hope but midway through the baseline, he puts up a little floater with no-one defending him, and it misses..

As I think everyone knows, Bonner trains his off. And while that's great, the problem there is that other than being tall, I bet his normal untrained human self isn't any more athletic than you and I. So the speed and athleticism we see in Bonner is what you get if a normal, avg.-athletic-ability male works his ass off every day to become an NBA player. You can only increase your speed so much.

Make no mistake, Bonner would crush every single one of us on this board in a footrace. But on an NBA court against a -ton of natural athletes, he's going to look (and be) slow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some team will probably get desperate at the trade deadline, and the Spurs will take advantage. Until then, rolling with the team that was 2 wins from the Finals isn't exactly a bad thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really going out on a limb here, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matty isn't cashing 3+ million a year to crush your average citizen on a footrace though. He's getting paid as if he can be compe ive in the -ton of natural athletes league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand how Bonner could be so bad...

He has the size to do damage, but his mentality is that of a teenage girl who
    is noticing her breasts growing for the first time.

This will never change so I don't even know why the we bother even talking about it anymore (Bonner) nor thinking it will change. He is what he is, he sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Definition of stupidity: taking a very good team and blowing it up every year you don't win the le.

You don't get better by making moves for the sake of making moves, or by overpaying for the least crappy castoff you can find that will sign with you. You do it by only making moves when they actually make sense, even if it means appearing to move slowly and waiting out other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matty isn't cashing 3+ million a year to crush your average citizen on a footrace though. He's getting paid as if he can be compe ive in the -ton of natural athletes league.
    He's getting paid to space the floor by being a slow tall guy who can shoot 3's. Given that he was the Spurs #1 adj. plus/minus leader last year, I'd say he's earning his salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's getting paid to space the floor by being a slow tall guy who can shoot 3's. Given that he was the Spurs #1 adj. plus/minus leader last year, I'd say he's earning his salary.
    This is when I reply "not when it matters", and then we go back and forth and finally settle with "we disagree"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a successful season to me. They're now SEVEN seasons removed from their best player being in his prime. They've kept the core of the team intact for a decade. Yet, two more wins and some questionable officiating are the only things that stood between the Spurs and the NBA finals.

To still be playing this well is a great accomplishment. I'll take it over the alternative, which is being lottery-bound year after year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pounding the rock : Doing the same thing over and over until it works. The fact that we didn't win it all does not mean we couldn't won it all. The last time we broke up the team that went to WCF was in 2008 and look what happen the next 3-4 years.

Thread Information