Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The final move we must make has to do with a big. Darko was a good option but he will be taken by Brooklyn or Boston. The better option in my opinion should be Greg Oden. He is 24 years old, has only played 82 games in 4 years (so he's hungry to succeed and fresh in a way), is 7ft tall, and definitely has talent. The only problem is the fact that he is always injured. His injuries, however, didn't happen for a specific reason, they've been unlucky tweaks and bumps that have kept him out. Nevertheless, his luck may possibly turn around. Think Andrew Bynum a few years ago. People thought he would never be healthy and achieve his potential. Now let's go back to Oden. Imagine if he became what everyone expected him to become in 2007 with a Spurs jersey on. That would be amazing. Honestly, he is the only chance we have as an organization to possibly skip the rebuilding phase for another 7-10 years. Leonard should be our priority but there is no way he will be able to carry a franchise by himself. A healthy (and rather cheap) Greg Oden is a low risk high reward option. Even if it doesn't work out, we will lose minimum money and go into rebuilding. Believe me though, this unfortunate kid has talent.

By the way, please don't bring up how one leg is longer than the other. Physically, that has nothing to do with his injuries. He's been unlucky to say the least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you're joking

#1 poster - @chazley
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to have him, but he'd cost more than the minimum. Flashed superstar potential in the 82 games he has played in.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    RC isn't smart enough to go after Greg Oden. He'll go after a cheap replica found in the summer league. Five years have past since the last championship. For five years, the team's major weakness has been clear as crystal, and in five years, the team has yet to address the weakness. Why should this year be any different?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC isn't smart enough to go after Greg Oden. He'll go after a cheap replica found in the summer league. Five years have past since the last championship. For five years, the team's major weakness has been clear as crystal, and in five years, the team has yet to address the weakness. Why should this year be any different?
    Your an idiot....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while the OP was pretty over the top I agree in that I would love to pick up Oden. Low risk (chances are whoever we sign to fill that spot wont be much to brag about anyway) but very high reward. Even if he didn't fufil his 'superstar potential' Oden could easily be an above average NBA big if he could just stay healthy. Honestly if he were healthy this coming season I don't think its unreasonable to believe by the end of it he could work his way into being a top 5 center in the league.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Your an idiot....
    Ironic, seeing as how you don't know the difference between your and you're.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a recent article written about Greg and one that all of you should read http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...plagued-career Really interesting article to learn a bit about him. I think the Spurs would be great for him if he can come back. The Spurs have the right type of environment that can help him succeed. For the minimum I'd really like to get him in and see if he can get healthy.

Greg says that he doesn't want to sit on a bench and collect a paycheck while he rehabs, so I think it might be a later season signing if he comes back to the NBA this season. If that's the case, the Spurs should get in early and inquire about him now so they can be near the top of his list if he wants to give it another go.

Edit : sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by Ice009; 07-14-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a recent article written about Greg and one that all of you should read http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...plagued-career Really interesting article to learn a bit about him. I think the Spurs would be great for him if he can come back. The Spurs have the right type of environment that can help him succeed. For the minimum I'd really like to get him in and see if he can get healthy.

cotton eyed joe
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ahh the Cadaver trolls are out...Well it is the time of yr to dream that your team might actually win 25 games the upcoming season....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have thought of that out there and gotten BRON some help! He might still be there!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he'd make a great bodyguard for manu since both spends most of their time on the injured list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we already have a couple of tosb on the team don't need another tosb with no knees

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ha. haha. he got you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we already have a couple of tosb on the team don't need another tosb with no knees
    If Greg Oden has a chance of coming back and playing, the Spurs need to be the team that gets him.

If he gets to the point where he can physically play then the Spurs would be a great team for him to make his comeback with. They really should be talking to him right now and checking up on him to see where he is at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Greg Oden has a chance of coming back and playing, the Spurs need to be the team that gets him.

If he gets to the point where he can physically play then the Spurs would be a great team for him to make his comeback with. They really should be talking to him right now and checking up on him to see where he is at.
    Two ifs too many.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we can find Sam Bowie too...

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind the pick up. 10-15 mpg should be good for him to get back on his feet. Fat chance the Spurs get him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knowing pop and his caution with players/injury...oden would never see the floor lol..in all seriousness I don't think he's going to be able to have a career. Its not a coincidence that his concerns coming out, are still concerns. He was a freak of nature at his age, no doubt. His body cant handle the stress of basketball.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Maybe we can find Sam Bowie too...
    Funny you should mention that. He had about 3 or 4 good years after leaving Portland, not set the world on fire stuff, but solid years in NJ. Eye balling it, it looks like maybe 13/8 over that span.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra Kai; 07-15-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Heat/Yankees/Cowboys Joel Anthony's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    He said he wants to play in Miami.. Not the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wont be "playing" anywhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Classic

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Go with Darko! Oden would go down 15-20 game into the season. Sides Mav's are after him. Go troll the Mav's!

Thread Information