I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shared data plans with unlimited texting for up to 10 devices...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/18/att-mobile-share/

We knew it was coming and even Ralph de la Vega himself publicly admitted that it was in the pipeline, but today AT&T has whipped the covers from its new shared data plans. Mobile Share will enable customers to use a single data allocation across all of their devices, with unlimited calls and text. You're en led to use up to 10 devices on a single plan, of which at least one must be a smartphone. Users can pick how much data they expect to use each month, paying an additional levy to add the rest of their family's handsets (or just your own, if you're Steve Wozniak). They'll roll out in late August and will sit alongside the current individual and family offerings, with the company allowing current customers to make a switch without forcing them into a contract extension. We've got the pricing structure and PR for you for you after the break if you're sweaty-palmed in anticipation for the launch.
    At first glance, this looks worse than what I pay now. $30 for unlimited messaging on 4 devices, and one $30 unlimited iPhone data, plus two of the $15 for 2GB/mo. If I am reading this correctly, is the +30 a $30-$45 charge for each device added to the plan?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah that's a ripoff, T-mobile has some good bring-your-own-phone shared data plans that I hope to switch to once all the AT&T contracts are up in my family plan.

most important difference is T-mobile doesn't charge you for more data once you hit your limit, they just slow your speeds.

whereas AT&T slows your speeds on their "unlimited" data plans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much identical to Verizon's shared plans, which also suck donkey balls:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/18/a...lans-compared/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've actually made this into a pretty good deal now. I dumped my grandfathered unlimited plan, got on the 4 phones for with 15GB shared data for $190/mo (the ad I saw was 4 with 10GB for $160). With my 23% discount, I only pay $155 this next month, which nets me a $70 monthly savings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it beats the out of sprints unlimited plan which is so limited it's ludicrous! i don't get sprint at all... what's 4g when it feels like 1g or no-g and internet never ever works unless i'm around wifi? sprint!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm consistently going over my dataplan (on a solo with At&T), and I'm not quite sure if it's worth it to just increase my data allowance or switch carriers altogether.

I miss "unlimited."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm consistently going over my dataplan (on a solo with At&T), and I'm not quite sure if it's worth it to just increase my data allowance or switch carriers altogether.

I miss "unlimited."
    If you got family or friends who are willing, the sharing plans can save you quite a bit. My $155 total bill was for 4 iphones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    txt messaging lmao unlimited dont mean

we want more data

Thread Information