Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The San Antonio Spurs are the definitive masters of the draft-and-stash tactic, and they do it again.

If the kid shines overseas the Spurs should consider bringing him back over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares. He's typical late 2nd round garbage..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i forgot all about Delaney. dude was cold at VaTech just scrawny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can remove the question mark from the le. Denmon has officially signed with Chalon:
    http://www.elanchalon.fr/accueil/news/564

Some tidbits form the official signing release:
    - Chalon is calling Denmon a combo guard which hint that he will play too the backup PG minutes. Chalon's owner is saying too that they wanted a player similar to Malcom Delaney. He is too saying that some teams in europe wanted him after his SL performance and that he is sure Denmon will become one of the main player of the French league and the Euroleague.
    - Denmon quote about his signing: "I'm very happy to sign with Chalon. It's a great opportunity for me to play at the highest level in Europe, that is to say the Euroleague, coming straight from college. I know that I need to improve a lot before going to the NBA and I know I've made the right choice."
    Happy that Denmon didn't pull a McClinton and realized he was not ready for the NBA. Hopefully he improves and SA can bring him back in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sure looks promising for the future. Good of Denmon to continue to improve and accept the reality of his current skill set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can remove the question mark from the le. Denmon has officially signed with Chalon:

- Chalon is calling Denmon a combo guard which hint that he will play too the backup PG minutes. Chalon's owner is saying too that they wanted a player similar to Malcom Delaney. He is too saying that some teams in europe wanted him after his SL performance and that he is sure Denmon will become one of the main player of the French league and the Euroleague.
    - Denmon quote about his signing: "I'm very happy to sign with Chalon. It's a great opportunity for me to play at the highest level in Europe, that is to say the Euroleague, coming straight from college. I know that I need to improve a lot before going to the NBA and I know I've made the right choice."

There's a lot of good news is that. Denmon playing any amount of point guard will be helpful, especially considering he played small forward a lot of the time in college. He needs to start that transition ASAP and it sounds like that will start happening.

It's also good that Denmon realizes his shortcomings. Most college stars are very reluctant to admit when they aren't good enough for the NBA and hesitate to sign overseas. Denmon seems to have a good at ude and is ready to improve.

And for the Spurs, a hardworking, talented player on a Euroleague team who is stepping into a defined role is a good pick at 59. He'll probably never make it to the NBA but this scenario gives him a decent chance as long as he embraces the opportunity. He showed enough flashes of PG ability in summer league that it's not impossible that he's able to remodel his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. This makes his selection at 59 that much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you know if the Spurs helped him get on a European team or was it all his agent? If it was the Spurs, then it paid off being drafted by San Antonio, a team that has contacts overseas and can open doors for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also good that Denmon realizes his shortcomings. Most college stars are very reluctant to admit when they aren't good enough for the NBA and hesitate to sign overseas. Denmon seems to have a good at ude and is ready to improve.

I don't know if he can overcome his lack of physical tools, but definitely sounds like Spurs material in every other respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know if he can overcome his lack of physical tools, but definitely sounds like Spurs material in every other respect.
    including his lack of physical tools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know if the Spurs helped him get on a European team or was it all his agent? If it was the Spurs, then it paid off being drafted by San Antonio, a team that has contacts overseas and can open doors for him.
    I'm not sure.

The agent working in France for Denmon's agency has said "Spurs are very involved and have been consulted about Marcus' choice because they took him in the second round." http://basketactu.com/marcus-denmon-...aney-a-chalon/
    It sounds like Denmon's agent find the team and Spurs liked this pick.

Now, being drafted by Spurs pays off if you want to play overseas. Spurs have a tremendous reputation in Europe as a high quality franchise. Being drafted by Spurs is a quality stamp for teams in Europe: if Spurs, that has a great front office, like him, then he should be good.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's playing on the biggest scrub team by far in Euroleague. I am sure it's the only team that would even consider him.

PS you Bruno, you sick POS
    Holy , you Greek goat er are back!

Greece
    poor
    pedos
    goat ers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greeks perfected the art of ing a goat at the edge of a cliff so the goat will push back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be benefitial to the Spurs and to Denmon. He gets some experience in Euro style basketball which is more of the Spurs run iden y and we move forward with the guards that we have in camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing on the biggest scrub team by far in Euroleague. I am sure it's the only team that would even consider him.

PS you Bruno, you sick POS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty bad, not even a #59 pick wants to play for us?...Oh well seeing him in Summer League showed me he isn't yet ready for the NBA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty bad, not even a #59 pick wants to play for us?...Oh well seeing him in Summer League showed me he isn't yet ready for the NBA...
    Not pretty bad. Blair I think was the last time who is 2nd Rounder (37th Pick) who played for us when he was drafted in the same year. And besides Blair, who was the last one? Or above 40th Pick to the 60th Pick.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that article is funny.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure.

The agent working in France for Denmon's agency has said "Spurs are very involved and have been consulted about Marcus' choice because they took him in the second round." http://basketactu.com/marcus-denmon-...aney-a-chalon/
    It sounds like Denmon's agent find the team and Spurs liked this pick.

Now, being drafted by Spurs pays off if you want to play overseas. Spurs have a tremendous reputation in Europe as a high quality franchise. Being drafted by Spurs is a quality stamp for teams in Europe: if Spurs, that has a great front office, like him, then he should be good.
    This is absolutely correct.

There are many NBA franchises which are the opposite: If <insert name> picked him, there must be something fishy.

Good move by Denmon, probabl told by the Spurs FO. The level is perfect for him, for the time being. And he gets the chance to show his skills to better Euroleague teams first hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is absolutely correct.

There are many NBA franchises which are the opposite: If <insert name> picked him, there must be something fishy.

Good move by Denmon, probabl told by the Spurs FO. The level is perfect for him, for the time being. And he gets the chance to show his skills to better Euroleague teams first hand.
    I think the Spurs FO started drafting and stashing American players before everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Beugnot, Chalon's coahc, talked about the Denmon signing:
    http://basketactu.com/gregor-beugnot...la-figuration/

"Denmon is a little a mix between Marquez Haynes and Malcolm Delaney, the two previous players I had at that spot. On top of that, Spurs own his rights since they've drafted him in the second round. Spurs didn't want to let him go, they wanted to keep him under their wings. Since I liked the player and since I have the reputation in the USA of being a coach that is a good teacher for the Euro rookies, we've quickly reached an agreement with Spurs. So it's a perfect agreement for his career growth between Spurs, Chalon and his agents. He comes to work very hard, he is a true very effective SG that we had to turn into a PG. I need to have a PG for 10-15mpg behind Steed Tchicamboud since I have no one else to take that spot. The deal works for everybody and I love the player. Saying that, it's not because I love the player that he will have a good season. He needs to make the transition to the European game, to fit with the team and so on. However, I really think he has all the qualities to bring a little more than what Malcolm Delaney, who has had a very good season, brought us last season. He is a fearless player that is strong and explosive like Marquez Haynes and that is a better shooter than Malcolm Delaney. Al in all I don't think I've made a bad pick at all. And everybody knows, that when Spurs draft a player, it's because they want to have him with their team one day or another. Most of the time, they draft a complete player and I think they haven't made a mistake with this pick."

Thread Information