Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.catch-and-shoot.com/liven...s-chalon/2012/

Chalon, a french team that will play the Euroleague is in contract with Denmon. He is their first target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd be great. French league is about the right level for Denmon. I hope they play him at point guard.

Denmon would be smart to sign with that team instead of forcing the Spurs to bring him to camp like Jack McClinton did. He, like McClinton, has a 0% chance of making the Spurs this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. I haven't read anything about any falling out with the team, so maybe he took their advice and he's just getting some point guard skills overseas. You know anything about that, Bruno? Will he, in fact, be playing Point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome. This is exactly what I wanted the whole way through!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. I haven't read anything about any falling out with the team, so maybe he took their advice and he's just getting some point guard skills overseas. You know anything about that, Bruno? Will he, in fact, be playing Point?
    He will primarily play SG. He might get some minutes at PG when the starting PG will be on the bench but the bulk of his minutes will be at the SG spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him. I dont see the need to put him on the roster when Parker, Mills, De Colo, and now Joseph are there already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah get Denmon out of here he needs at least two years before he'll be Spurs caliber especially for the highly compe ive position of point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will primarily play SG. He might get some minutes at PG when the starting PG will be on the bench but the bulk of his minutes will be at the SG spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wondering if this was the team that TP is connected with? That would seem a natural fit if he goes to France since I think TP has them using much of the Spurs systems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wondering if this was the team that TP is connected with?
    No, it's not. TP's team is called L'ASVEL or Villeurbanne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone explain to me why draft someone who's not NBA ready now? Just send them overseas!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone explain to me why draft someone who's not NBA ready now? Just send them overseas!
    How many NBA ready players were there at 59?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd be great. French league is about the right level for Denmon. I hope they play him at point guard.

Denmon would be smart to sign with that team instead of forcing the Spurs to bring him to camp like Jack McClinton did. He, like McClinton, has a 0% chance of making the Spurs this season.
    Jack McClinton.....now there is a name I'd completely forgotten,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many NBA ready players were there at 59?
    Yeah. Manu took three years in Euro before he became a Spur.

Kings was so lucky last season with Isiah Thomas (60th Pick).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA players in the late second round are a rarity. It's worth noting guys like Green and Mills were drafted in the 40s-50s, and even they struggled to get into the rotation until the Spurs got them.

For this simple reason Manu may be one of the top 3 draft steals of all time. You don't find a rotation player at that point, let alone a Sixth Man of the Year, a two-time All-Star, and a two-time All-NBA selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this team play in Eurocup or Eurochallenge? Or only French league?

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were in pro A playoff semi finals, thus going to eurocup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this team play in Eurocup or Eurochallenge? Or only French league?
    They will play the Euroleague. They won the French league last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish him luck if he goes to France. Hopefully he gets to play a lot and improves in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will play the Euroleague. They won the French league last season.
    Yep. This would an excellent place for Denmon to develop his game against top compe ion. Great find.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest:
    http://www.catch-and-shoot.com/liven...n-chalon/2012/
    http://basketactu.com/malcolm-delaney-quitte-chalon/

So:
    Malcolm Delaney (Chalon last year SG) has officially said that he won't be back with them this season. Chalon will sign a player to replace him and Denmon in the frontrunner. In addition of their coach liking him, part of Chalon reasoning is "he should be good since Spurs have drafted him".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest:
    http://www.catch-and-shoot.com/liven...n-chalon/2012/
    http://basketactu.com/malcolm-delaney-quitte-chalon/

So:
    Malcolm Delaney (Chalon last year SG) has officially said that he won't be back with them this season. Chalon will sign a player to replace him and Denmon in the frontrunner. In addition of their coach liking him, part of Chalon reasoning is "he should be good since Spurs have drafted him".
    Thanks for the info

Denmon is basically a Malcolm Delaney clone. Had a lot of success in college but it will be tough to make the NBA due to being short for a shooting guard at 6-foot-3. Last I saw Delaney, he was even skinnier than Denmon.

Looking at Delaney's stats on Chalon, even though he was technically the shooting guard, he handled the ball enough to average 3.2 assists. If Denmon can play a role that allows him to be a playmaking shooting guard (like Delaney, apparently), that's probably the best way to start the transition to point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at Delaney's stats on Chalon, even though he was technically the shooting guard, he handled the ball enough to average 3.2 assists.
    A reason why Delaney's assists numbers are high is because, when the staring PG (Steed Tchicamboud) was on the bench, Delaney was playing PG. Maybe this year Chalon will sign a true backup PG to face the euroleague, but if they don't, Denmon will have 10/12 mpg at the PG spot.

Other than that, from what I've seen of Denmon in SL, he is quite similar to Delaney. Chalon could be a good place for Denmon. They have a good experienced coach and he could be their second offensive option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can remove the question mark from the le. Denmon has officially signed with Chalon:
    http://www.elanchalon.fr/accueil/news/564

Some tidbits form the official signing release:
    - Chalon is calling Denmon a combo guard which hint that he will play too the backup PG minutes. Chalon's owner is saying too that they wanted a player similar to Malcom Delaney. He is too saying that some teams in europe wanted him after his SL performance and that he is sure Denmon will become one of the main player of the French league and the Euroleague.
    - Denmon quote about his signing: "I'm very happy to sign with Chalon. It's a great opportunity for me to play at the highest level in Europe, that is to say the Euroleague, coming straight from college. I know that I need to improve a lot before going to the NBA and I know I've made the right choice."
    Last edited by Bruno; 07-25-2012 at 09:24 AM.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Spurs retain his rights - correct?

I still like the pick, think he's got a chance to develop into a gary neal type, with more willingness to get after it defensively. Of course, it took Gary Neal a few years over seas to develop into a Gary Neal type.

Thread Information