My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    http://greece.greekreporter.com/2012...-racist-tweet/

On July 23, Greek Olympian Voula Papahristou, who has already traveled to London to participate in the upcoming Olympics, wrote a comment on her Twitter profile which caused many reactions.
    “With so many African people living in Greece, mosquitoes of the West Nile [virus] are eating home-made food,” wrote Mrs Papahristou on her twitter account.
    Greek media started retweeting her comment and publishing reports on her comment. She has had to apologize for her statements.
    Today’s Thriller!
    When Voula Papahristou realized that many people were opting against her comment, describing her as racist, she apologized for her ‘joke.’ “I thought it was a joke, but I feel sorry for offending some people, despite having no such intention,” she replied.
    Then she changed her profile picture, removing her face and putting Twitter’s egg. Later on, after having received thousands insulting as well supporting comments, she deleted her personal Twitter profile.
    But only a few minutes ago, she made a new one again! “It was a bad joke. I don’t believe in discrimination among humans,” she tweeted.
    However, Greek website lifo.gr published some older tweets of Voula Papahristou. Many of them are retweets from far-right Golden Dawn party’s official page or its MPs’ personal pages, all showing her “patriotic” beliefs.

Sons I think it got too far for a bad joke imo.Yes she should know better than posting something like that,but banning her from the Olympics?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she shouldve stfu and suck a , UN bailout money is funding her trip to the olympics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if it was a joke, it was a stupid one

Stupid , GTFO, no tea for you

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Of course it was a stupid joke (although it sounds funnier in Greek) but that's not the point...Isn't banning her taking it too far?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    she shouldve stfu and suck a , UN bailout money is funding her trip to the olympics
    With the rare goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it was a stupid joke (although it sounds funnier in Greek) but that's not the point...Isn't banning her taking it too far?
    No

Send her back to Greece where she's gonna get raped by West Nile virus infected Niggraaks

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No

Send her back to Greece where she's gonna get raped by West Nile virus infected Niggraaks
    Come on,the average Joe says worse things when joking around and no one gets criticized for being racist imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on,the average Joe says worse things when joking around and no one gets criticized for being racist imho.
    lol black people

Im not racist

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's the type of she should keep to herself or share with friends or fam.

You can't post it online and not expect repercussions when you're about to enter a multiracial sporting event like the olympic games.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Greece

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    With all the European crackdown on racism(i.e. Futbol) she should know how serious they are about this ,dumb move! She just ruined years of training,a experience for a lifetime and a possible medal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as dumb as the 2 dumbfcks from the greece olympics track and field team that won gold and made up some phony car crash to avoid drug testing only to be found they were on roids....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if it was a joke, it was a stupid one

Stupid , GTFO, no tea for you
    she should get kicked out, dont want the ^ terrorists ^ to get mad and do something crazy

Thread Information