Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    That goofy-looking wop bas has been a damn good QB since ting the bed against Pittsburgh in the 2nd half of the 2010-11 Divisional Round Playoffs.

He went from being the Anti-clutch to Clutch last season--especially with that vastly important comeback win at Pittsburgh. He was huge in the AFCCG, only to be let down by his interior O-line (Wilfork), Ed son (drops), Billy Cundiff (shank), and Lee Evans (AIDS).

Yes, it's important not to put too much stock into preseason games, but there were certain, undeniable improvements to his game last night. For starters, he's getting the ball out MUCH faster. Check out the Boldin TD for reference...goddamn

His accuracy also looks good--especially from distance. I'd venture to say he easily has a Top 3 arm in this league...and with burners like Torrey Smith on the outside, that's invaluable.

Look for this guinea goomba to take the next step this season--into elite QB status. You heard it here first...

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Smatta witchoo, eh?

I think Flacco has been held back by playcalling as much as anything in his career so far. No OC has seen fit to put a game in his hands, so he's never really learned to take one over by himself.

I think they should open things up more, throw more on first down, and let him call more audibles

Agree about his arm, he throws as good a deep ball as just about anyone.

His playaction fake could also improve, especially when you have Rice behind you

The biggest question in my head about the Ravens, though, is that defense. Will it stay healthy, and when will we see the inevitable decline start to begin?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    ayyyyyy...grab ya self some gabagool and mutzarella and watch Joey put on a show!
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 09-10-2012 at 08:19 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    DD called it. Joey Baggadonuts looked sick.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Flacc

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    derp

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    331 yds, 3 tds, 0 ints, 116.2 QB rating.

hope and change
    Post Count
    he's got a fantastic team around him. Torrey Smith: sick. Boldin: Money. Ray Rice, Pierce, dat O line... top talent everywhere you look

all I remember already was how badly he missed Torrey Smith those times

Post Count
    he's got a fantastic team around him. Torrey Smith: sick. Boldin: Money. Ray Rice, Pierce, dat O line... top talent everywhere you look

all I remember already was how badly he missed Torrey Smith those times
    You don't remember 3rd and long on their own goal line where he found Pitta in an incredibly tight window to convert and completely reverse field position?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I don't care how good the rest of his team is, that throw to Jacoby Jones to send the game to OT was one of the clutchest throws I've ever seen.

hope and change
    Post Count
    as I remember it, he made that throw 5 or 6 seconds after the snap, easy to look clutch when you got that long to throw, there will almost always be a guy open after that long.

I got nothing against Flacco, I want to see him become an elite QB, but at this time, he is nowhere near it, he has an offense around him to make any other QB in the league jealous, and barely beat a proven playoff choker.

as I remember it, he made that throw 5 or 6 seconds after the snap, easy to look clutch when you got that long to throw, there will almost always be a guy open after that long.

I got nothing against Flacco, I want to see him become an elite QB, but at this time, he is nowhere near it, he has an offense around him to make any other QB in the league jealous, and barely beat a proven playoff choker.
    Agree.
    He chucks up a hail mary that the defensive back completely chokes on and Flacco is supposed to get cred for this? Please.
    That final chuck also inflated his stats and QB rating massively. Which is not to say he was bad the rest of the game, he was good.

Last year he basically beat the Pattycakes with the final very good throw. Not his fault the receiver dropped the perfectly thrown pass.
    Good? Yes. Elite? Incomplete. Lets see how he does next week.

Post Count
    I don't care how good the rest of his team is, that throw to Jacoby Jones to send the game to OT was one of the clutchest throws I've ever seen.
    Seemed like he launched it as far as he could and the safety made one of the biggest defensive -ups you could imagine for that time and situation. It wasn't not clutch. But clutch isn't exactly how I'd describe it.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    det dago did it

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Boom

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Give the man his due...850+ yds, 8 TDs, and 0 ints in the playoffs so far--with two of those wins coming in Brady and Manning's backyards. The Ravens are in the SuperBowl because of--not in spite of--Joe Flacco.

Flacco now with most playoff road wins by QB in history. 6

Eli Manning with 5. (Manning still best percentage at 5-1. Flacco is 6-4).
    Last edited by Fabbs; 01-21-2013 at 12:12 AM.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Flacco now tied with Eli Manning for most playoff road wins in history.
    and when he wins the SB in a couple weeks he'll have the same # of rings and playoff wins as Peyton

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    This is the only take of all your ty takes that actually came to fruition DD.

*clap clap*

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    SB Champion
    SB MVP

One of the best postseasons by one player in NFL history

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Very impressive...especially with all the adversity he faced during the season. Cheers, Joey Baggadonuts.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Give DeadlyDynasty a spur for this . You don't just predict an uncharacteristically epic championship run in preseason.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Still wouldn't say he's elite tho. Flacco hung on for dear life only to be saved by a no call.

Thread Information