San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmon will resume practices in two weeks:
    http://www.lejsl.com/actualite/2013/...-marcus-denmon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.lejsl.com/sport-local/201...nde-l-addition

Denmon had his first practice yesterday. He wants to play as soon as Saturday when Chalon will have his next game. Good news for him, let's hope he will be back at 100%.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NM
    Last edited by Darius McCrary; 01-22-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: dentmon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He scored 13 points in 20 minutes for his first game post-injury.

Boxscore:
    http://www.lnb.fr/fr/Pro-A/200009/Re...on-Saone-Dijon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have any hopes of him joining the Spurs, but I hope he succeeds in Europe. It's great to see him be even moderately effective.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm afraid he's just too small to be a SG in the NBA...which will probably be his undoing if his foot isn't. Unless he magically develops PG skills in Europe he should have a nice career there if he remains healthy. Smaller SG's typically do well in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Neal is playing point guard so I guess Denmon has a chance with the Spurs. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm afraid he's just too small to be a SG in the NBA...which will probably be his undoing if his foot isn't. Unless he magically develops PG skills in Europe he should have a nice career there if he remains healthy. Smaller SG's typically do well in Europe.
    Denmon should have played some PG with his team in France to make the transition but the injury has changed that. Chalon has signed another PG and Denmon should now play strictly SG.

If Denmon is fine with that, it would be the best for everybody to have Denmon staying one more year in Europe. The end of this season will allow him to get back him shape and the 2013-2014 season would be with a team in Europe where he would played some PG. If he plays well enough, give him a fair shot at making Spurs roster for the 2014-2015 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it hard to believe that Denmon will ever be a PG considering that he played 4 years in college as a SG. Still, there's no reason to count him out. He could be a decent scoring guard off the bench just like Gary.

We still don't know how much the injury affect his game, but I think he is a quality player. A 3 inches taller Denmon would have gone in the 1st round in the past draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've just watched him playing a French league game and he was plain awful.

He ended up with a 4/17 FG% in this game and it's mostly a result of an atrocious shot selection with forced jumpshots and drives. His defensive discipline was also very suspect. The only positive aspect of that game is that he looked healthy.

It was just one game and Denmon surely lack of rhythm after his injury but it is was a disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmon just played his last game of the season. He has had a good but not great season with some solid playoffs games. Health-wise, he seems to have recover well from his broken foot.

Regarding his future, I've seen nothing from him that convince me he should join Spurs next season. I would put him in the same category than Hanga: he has some qualities but it's just not enough to seriously pretend at making the NBA. Denmon should stay in Europe another year and, with a great season, he would draw Spurs interest.

Now, he could always try to make Spurs roster by signing an non-guaranteed contract like James Gist did in the past. He would be a long shot at making it especially if Mills and/or Neal are back.

His game by game stats:
    http://www.lnb.fr/fr/Pro-A/200010/St...om=2012&stat=m

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would he be able to play in the summer league this season? I agree with him staying in Europe. The guard rotation is just too full right now, even if Neal and Mills leave. If De Colo leaves, too, then perhaps Denmon can stay on as the fifth guard, but 2014-15 should be better for both him and Hanga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to come over and try to make the team if he's a long shot. Getting some burn in summer league would be nice, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmon missed some clutch shots today.

I totally agree with Bruno. He played some good playoffs games, has skills but is not a NBA-caliber player right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Denmon @MizzouMonster12
    Bouta leave Cali headed to San Antonio ✈✈ #Lablife

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heading To Turkey, for those I've seen or heard from while home its all love, for the rest I didn't its all love too

This a big year for me August to August , starting today I'm on a mission ,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figured I'd bump with a Denmon update:

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/Stats/Turkey/TBL/1

Shooting 43.2% from 3 for the Turkish league, attempting 7.4 3s per game. His 2 percentage is 42.6 ... whether those are jumpers or layups, I have zero idea, so it's hard to read much into that. Hard to read much into any of these stats of course, but from what I can tell, at a minimum, he's not doing bad.

He's fifth in the league in free throws attempted, which is an encouraging sign.

The only other fun stat of note is apparently there's some guy in the Turkist league named Sean Williams who's their Dikembe Mutombo. 4.7 blocks per game... second place guy has 1.4 blocks per game. Edit: Oh hey, former first round pick, huh. I don't even remember the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figured I'd bump with a Denmon update:

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/Stats/Turkey/TBL/1

Shooting 43.2% from 3 for the Turkish league, attempting 7.4 3s per game. His 2 percentage is 42.6 ... whether those are jumpers or layups, I have zero idea, so it's hard to read much into that. Hard to read much into any of these stats of course, but from what I can tell, at a minimum, he's not doing bad.

He's fifth in the league in free throws attempted, which is an encouraging sign.

The only other fun stat of note is apparently there's some guy in the Turkist league named Sean Williams who's their Dikembe Mutombo. 4.7 blocks per game... second place guy has 1.4 blocks per game. Edit: Oh hey, former first round pick, huh. I don't even remember the guy.
    Williams was a NJ draft pick, but his at ude was for wherever he went, and he was bounced out of the league, despite having a lot of talent. No one could stand him.

The last I heard of him, he was playing for the Dallas dleague affilate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmon continues to have a strong year. He averaged 15/6/3 in EuroBasket play and is currently averaging 15/4/3 in Turkish play. His 31mpg is encouraging, as is his decent a/to ratio.

His 3P% is a little too low in Turkish play (35) and bad in EuroBasket (20). He needs to be a strong outside shooter to make up for his limitations. However he has great intangibles and strong fundamentals. He'll get a shot in the NBA, I feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any word if he'll play summer league?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he will be here for summer league. With the injury to Patty Mills, he may have a chance to make the team provided he shows more PG skills than he has in college and in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he will be here for summer league. With the injury to Patty Mills, he may have a chance to make the team provided he shows more PG skills than he has in college and in Europe.
    I agree, this is his big chance. I vaguely remember he had an impressive vertical. On top of playing the role, It'd be nice to see him throw down some insane booms!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Bryce Cotton will probably be competing for a reserve guard spot to replace Patty (at least in the interim).

I'd guess he comes to camp this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Denmon Signs With Enel Brindisi

Aug 17, 2014 10:19 AM EDT
    Marcus Denmon has signed with Enel Brindisi of Italy.
    Denmon was a second round pick for the San Antonio Spurs in 2012.
    In his last two seasons, Denmon has played with Chalon (France) and Tofas Bursa (Turkey).

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Enel-Brindisi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brindisi was better than Thomas' team last year in Lega A play for what it's worth. I don't believe Brindisi plays any outside compe ions, so they still aren't great.

Thread Information