Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really much to discuss, other than to see if the people who flat out refuse can provide a good amount of scientific evidence to show that vaccines are, on balance, bad.

Granted and acceded costs:
    Some people who receive vaccines will die. This is do ented, and does happen, from what I understand. It is, however, a cost that is far, far lower than the cost of letting millions die from a disease that can easily be prevented.

There is pretty overwhelming evidence that vaccines have prevented billions of deaths and disfigurements, ala polio.

If you want to claim that there is some super-solid evidence about all vaccines or just certain ones, feel free to present it.

The emotional hook of the thread le got you here, now let's see what evidence is actually out there.

If you can't provide some solid science, you are acting on little more than the faith healing do-dahs, who think God will rescue their kids.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=faith+healing+deaths
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 09-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this really an issue?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/338...ne-ineffective

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...h-vaccine.aspx

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...article_upsell

http://www.naturalnews.com/036328_Me...laims_Act.html

Polio vaccine and small pox vaccine have been very effective.

But trusting BigPharma and FDA/CDC to deliver equally effective vaccines is naive. BigPharma is huge scam, an outright criminal enterprise, where profits are the priority, not health outcomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this really an issue?
    My brother's wife is a drippy dippy new agey dumbass.

They haven't vaccinated any of their 3 kids.

If any of them dies because they didn't get their kid vaccinated for an easily preventable disease, well, I would strongly consider suing to get custody.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

If any of them dies because they didn't get their kid vaccinated for an easily preventable disease, well, I would strongly consider suing to get custody.
    kidding, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

why would you wait? If you feel that they are in that much danger, then it would be pretty negligent of your to leave them in that danger.

btw, I agree that it is pretty stupid.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    suing for custody cuz of vaccinations? gotta be more to this story.

c'mon, serve it up!

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    SA210
    Getting medical advice from Z-list actors instead of doctors

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Random gets caught up with his strong takes. I find it easy to believe he would want custody of those kids because they have not been vaccinated. Actually I don't but to make his point he will say something like that. If he really believed in this, random would take the kids himself to get the shots. God bless

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we established in the Castro/Pre-K thread that lack of convienent transportation options is an acceptable excuse to neglect your child's well being.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    suing for custody cuz of vaccinations? gotta be more to this story.

c'mon, serve it up!
    Nope that is it.

No vaccinations = negligence in my mind.

BUT

I lack the resources, or willingness to shatter the family over it at the moment.

Is it partially my fault if one of the two, soon to be three, kids dies? In some small way, but there are limits on what one can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random gets caught up with his strong takes. I find it easy to believe he would want custody of those kids because they have not been vaccinated. Actually I don't but to make his point he will say something like that. If he really believed in this, random would take the kids himself to get the shots. God bless
    Stronly considered that as well. I might be able to convince my brother to go along with it, without drippy wife knowing.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    it'd be more than shattered.

it'd be a 24/7 storm.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Stronly considered that as well. I might be able to convince my brother to go along with it, without drippy wife knowing.
    Intervention is not just for drug addicts and alcoholics...... Get the family and friends together, the facts and perhaps a doctor and head on over to the wife's home. If that doesn't work, tell the wife you want to take the kids to the mall only to make a quick stop at carenow. God bless

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do feel for those kids though. The risk of disease is bad enough, but on top of that, good luck finding a day care or preschool to take them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA210
    Getting medical advice from Z-list actors instead of doctors
    Actually I didn't get any advice from an actor. I just happened to post their stance on the issue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ! I am in complete agreement with RG...what the is going on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vaccination myth continues..

High unvaccinated rates of children in school, the increase in pertussis ---- you better vaccinate the kids. Be afraid! But research shows otherwise.

Whooping cough has natural cycles about every four to five years, regardless of vaccination rates. Vaccines were "believed" to be effective between 63 percent and 94 percent. The real vaccine "effectiveness" was between 24 percent and 41 percent, after analyzing the data.

Take California pertussis cases. In 2010, 81 percent of younger than 18 who contracted whooping cough were fully "up to date" on their vaccines, 11 percent had at least one shot and only 8 percent were unvaccinated, according to the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases.

The Italian Health Ministry awarded the Bocca family 174,000 euros after conceding the MMR vaccine caused autism in their 9-year-old son in June 2012. Four infants between 9 and 14 months of age recently died within 24 hours of receiving their measles and DPT vaccines in the Doti area of Nepal.

Are your decisions fear-based or information-based? Read "Vaccination is not immunization" by Dr. Tim O'Shea. Go to www.NVIC.org and get information your doctor or the press can't or won't provide. Then make an informed decision, not based on fear but rather on understanding.

http://www.nvic.org/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do feel for those kids though. The risk of disease is bad enough, but on top of that, good luck finding a day care or preschool to take them.
    There are groups for that. My wife is a part of SA Natural Parenting and you can find someone there who does daycare, etc.

We are not all "hippy drippy" but we do things that make rational sense (cloth diapering/cloth baby wipes, etc). Plus that group has offshoot groups about stuff like backyard gardening with education on composting/ seed swaps, etc. It is cool, but there are several people who go a little far (in my estimation) and do stuff like absolutely no vaccinations. I am sure that there is a subgroup that sets up day care for non-vaccinated kids.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are groups for that. My wife is a part of SA Natural Parenting and you can find someone there who does daycare, etc.

We are not all "hippy drippy" but we do things that make rational sense (cloth diapering/cloth baby wipes, etc). Plus that group has offshoot groups about stuff like backyard gardening with education on composting/ seed swaps, etc. It is cool, but there are several people who go a little far (in my estimation) and do stuff like absolutely no vaccinations. I am sure that there is a subgroup that sets up day care for non-vaccinated kids.
    So what happens when it's time for that kid to go to school?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intervention is not just for drug addicts and alcoholics...... Get the family and friends together, the facts and perhaps a doctor and head on over to the wife's home. If that doesn't work, tell the wife you want to take the kids to the mall only to make a quick stop at carenow. God bless
    Ain't no malls where they live.

Did I mention that their kids were born in a cabin outside of town, with no doctors, and just a midwife attending?

Risky, risky, risky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vaccination myth continues..

High unvaccinated rates of children in school, the increase in pertussis ---- you better vaccinate the kids. Be afraid! But research shows otherwise.

Whooping cough has natural cycles about every four to five years, regardless of vaccination rates. Vaccines were "believed" to be effective between 63 percent and 94 percent. The real vaccine "effectiveness" was between 24 percent and 41 percent, after analyzing the data.

Take California pertussis cases. In 2010, 81 percent of younger than 18 who contracted whooping cough were fully "up to date" on their vaccines, 11 percent had at least one shot and only 8 percent were unvaccinated, according to the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases.

The Italian Health Ministry awarded the Bocca family 174,000 euros after conceding the MMR vaccine caused autism in their 9-year-old son in June 2012. Four infants between 9 and 14 months of age recently died within 24 hours of receiving their measles and DPT vaccines in the Doti area of Nepal.

Are your decisions fear-based or information-based? Read "Vaccination is not immunization" by Dr. Tim O'Shea. Go to www.NVIC.org and get information your doctor or the press can't or won't provide. Then make an informed decision, not based on fear but rather on understanding.

http://www.nvic.org/
    Since 1982, NVIC has advocated that well-designed, independent, on-going scientific studies must be conducted to: (1) define the various biological mechanisms involved in vaccine injury and death: (2) identify genetic and other biological high risk factors for suffering chronic brain and immune system dysfunction after vaccination; and (3) evaluate short and long-term health outcomes of individuals, who use many vaccines, and those, who use fewer or no vaccines, to determine the health effects of vaccination on individuals and the public health.

NVIC works to protect the freedom for citizens to exercise the human right to voluntary, informed consent to any medical intervention or use of pharmaceutical product, such as a vaccine, which carries a risk of injury or death.
    Interesting website.

THAT, I could go for. I am all about learning what the real risks and rewards are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really works wonders and a lot better than many vaccines that we really do not need.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is vitamin D better than the polio vaccine?

I don't think every vaccine is necessary for children, but to dismiss them all out of hand because your online chiropractor said so is stupid.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is vitamin D better than the polio vaccine?
    It is not.

Thread Information