Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've found the research environment at Sandia to be top notch. I'm lucky to have collaborated on a few side projects with them in the past.

You sure you can't be lured to the dark side Manny? Nuclear science can always stand to have another objective mind in the mix.

The chances of me heading into physics are non existent. I'm really enjoying the stuff I'm doing now and I have a lot of ideas I am hoping to pursue in the next few years in grad school. I'm excited.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The chances of me heading into physics are non existent.
    we already knew that

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What proof do you have that it isn't?
    Ever since the "big bang" the moon has been drifting away from the earth at a rate of around 4 inches a year.

If you were to go back just "one" billion years the moon would be " 4 billion" inches closer to earth that could not be possible.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Ever since the "big bang" the moon has been drifting away from the earth at a rate of around 4 inches a year.

If you were to go back just "one" billion years the moon would be " 4 billion" inches closer to earth that could not be possible.
    Please...

Don't tell me you expect celestial paths to be consistent.

Do you know what the Milankovitch Cycle is without looking it up?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Isn't he a math teacher that studied astromny and discovered climate change?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but the moon drifting away from the earth is "science" they know this after mirrors were placed on the moon by unmanned space craft and with lasers have measured the exact distance.

But forget that for now I have many more exzamples of the earth not being anywhere near a million years let alone "4 billion"

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Isn't he a math teacher that studied astromny and discovered climate change?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but the moon drifting away from the earth is "science" they know this after mirrors were placed on the moon by unmanned space craft and with lasers have mesuref the exact distance.

But forget that for now I have many more exzamples of the earth not being anywhere near a million years let alone "4 billion"
    I am fully aware of the moon's drifting. The earth's orbit is not consistent, why should the drift of the moon be consistent?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I am fully aware of the moon's drifting. The earth's orbit is not consistent, why should the drift of the moon be consistent?
    Lets just say it's not consitant that it's one inch one year and three inches another year. The truth is due to the "big bang" the universe is always expanding. Things don't stop dead in thier tracts and start to move in the opposite direction.

The moon isn't getting closer it's always drifting away.

At what rate and how consitant should not be a factor.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Lets just say it's not consitant that it's one inch one year and three inches another year. The truth is due to the "big bang" the universe is always expanding. Things don't stop dead in thier tracts and start to move in the opposite direction.

The moon isn't getting closer it's always drifting away.

At what rate and how consitant should not be a factor.
    What about thousands of years?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Another example of the earth being billions of years old as an impossibility is the salt in the seas. Scientist know the seas are getting saltier every decade. If the earth was even 10 million years old the seas would have a salt content so high nothing could survive let alone live in the ocean.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Another example of the earth being billions of years old as an impossibility is the salt in the seas. Scientist know the seas are getting saltier every decade. If the earth was even 10 million years old the seas would have a salt content so high nothing could survive let alone live in the ocean.
    Mouse, life is dynamic. You cannot project the past or future with static thinking.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What about thousands of years?
    1000s of years is not something scientists or text books want to say.

They will never say 100 thousand years ago Dinosuars roamed the earth.

They say "25 million" years ago. When in fact carbon 14 test done on bones found were said to be 40 thousand years old.

Naturally when they found out the bone sample was from a dinosaur they retracted their privious statement and test results.

Another example of the earth not being "4 billion" years old is the fact that the earth has not cooled properly as it would have if it was billions of years old.

For example scifntince claim the earth was so hot it took 2 billion years to cool down enough for life to form.

There are known extrem heat in the center of the earth from what we can see with vocanic activity. To multiply that heat by 2 billion years the earth would have been so hot it would be like another sun and would have burned the moon to ashes.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    1000s of years is not something scientists or text books want to say.

They will never say 100 thousand years ago Dinosuars roamed the earth.

They say "25 million" years ago. When in fact carbon 14 test done on bones found were said to be 40 thousand years old.

Naturally when they found out the bone sample was from a dinosaur they retracted their privious statement and test results.

Another example of the earth not being "4 billion" years old is the fact that the earth has not cooled properly as it would have if it was billions of years old.

For example scifntince claim the earth was so hot it took 2 billion years to cool down enough for life to form.

There are known extrem heat in the center of the earth from what we can see with vocanic activity. To multiply that heat by 2 billion years the earth would have been so hot it would be like another sun and would have burned the moon to ashes.
    I'm done with you tonight Mouse. I have better things to do that try to persuade you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mouse, life is dynamic. You cannot project the past or future with static thinking.
    That may be true but we are talking about age of the planet not the life on the Planet.

You can't really argue the facts. Is the earth slowing down every year? Those type of facts are really not disputable.

If you stick with the facts the "4 Billion" year old earth fairytale starts to implode into a mass of bull .

I just help people to see that before they look foolish when they enter that world of make believe.

Don't take it personal.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    lol pseudo scientists heating up the argument over the earth's age when i just mistyped one word "billion" by total accident

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    That may be true but we are talking about age of the planet not the life on the Planet.

You can't really argue the facts. Is the earth slowing down every year? Those type of facts are really not disputable.

If you stick with the facts the "4 Billion" year old earth fairytale starts to implode into a mass of bull .

I just help people to see that before they look foolish when they enter that world of make believe.

Don't take it personal.
    the earth really IS slowing down every year and you can google it to see if im kidding you or not. the earth rotates around its axis 24 hours a day but the speed of rotating has been decreasing, losing the energy to the south-to-north movements of the continents

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That is why the clocks have to be reset to add that extra second or two I think its slowed down 21 seconds in 32 years.

Another example of the earth not being "billions" of years old is the evidence we see everyday. Take for example the oldest coal reef is around 5,500 years the oldest tree is around 20,000 years old. For someone to think the earth is even one million years old is mind boggling so you can imagine how I feel about misguided fools who think its "4 Billion" years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is why the clocks have to be reset to add that extra second or two I think its slowed down 21 seconds in 32 years.

Another example of the earth not being "billions" of years old is the evidence we see everyday. Take for example the oldest coal reef is around 5,500 years the oldest tree is around 20,000 years old. For someone to think the earth is even one million years old is mind boggling so you can imagine how I feel about misguided fools who think its "4 Billion" years old.
    This proves your point how?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You have to read from the start. When someone claims the earth is "4 Billion" years old and I point out reasons it can't be its not my fault if someone comes around on page three and has no idea the point I just made.

Another point you may want to reconsider. Niagara falls erodes at about 4 ft a year due to the force of the water spilling over the edge.

If the earth was even 500,000 years old Niagara Falls would be on top of Canada somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to read from the start. When someone claims the earth is "4 Billion" years old and I point out reasons it can't be its not my fault if someone comes around on page three and has no idea the point I just made.

Another point you may want to reconsider. Niagara falls erodes at about 4 ft a year due to the force of the water spilling over the edge.

If the earth was even 500,000 years old Niagara Falls would be on top of Canada somewhere.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol Niagra Falls and the assumption that the same volume of water, or any water, has flowed consistently for 4 billion years. Beyond ignorant.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Basic math.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol Niagra Falls and the assumption that the same volume of water, or any water, has flowed consistently for 4 billion years. Beyond ignorant.
    Then explain it away.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The oldest comet ever recorded by science was 5,000 to 15,000 years old.

How can you still have comets "4 Billion" years after the "big bang" when comets originated from?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    These are topics Science debaters avoid everyday thus the topics dying.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The oldest comet ever recorded by science was 5,000 to 15,000 years old.

How can you still have comets "4 Billion" years after the "big bang" when comets originated from?
    Could it be possible that stellar matter blows away from exploding stars, and new comets are made all the time?

I suppose you have some scientific fact/proof the excludes that possibility.

Am I right?

Thread Information