My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Joe Girardi said and has been obvious since the invention of instant replay....use it!

Joe Torre, Slug Selig and MLB overlords continued blocking of instant replay simply reeks of at best incompetence and at worst fear losing the ability to fix games.

NO sane reason why instant replay should not be used in a play such as the 2B dive back where Cano made a swipe tag as Infante dove back.

FYI i am pulling for the Tigers. I agree with Girardi who says "not saying it would have changed the outcome of the game."

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Give each team 1 coach's challenge per game. Done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lame. Why should coach be limited to one challenge if said challenge turns out correctly?

Like lame NFL. Coach only gets two challenges, yet if he gets both of those right (and refs were wrong), why should the team and coach be limited?
    Ump should be limited to one wrong call. 2nd one and he is to be replaced by subs ute ump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and really my intent is not to *punish* said ump. I don't want him thrown out but i was just comparing to coaches/managers being limited to the # of challenges when they get said challenges correct.
    In fact i think most umps would be all for instant replay. Normar Garciapara said as much last night.

NFL should limit the number of challenges that turn out incorrectly.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Lame. Why should coach be limited to one challenge if said challenge turns out correctly?

Like lame NFL. Coach only gets two challenges, yet if he gets both of those right (and refs were wrong), why should the team and coach be limited?
    Ump should be limited to one wrong call. 2nd one and he is to be replaced by subs ute ump.
    So you want 4 hour baseball games to be a regularity? Fat umps take 15 minutes to get to the instant replay booth and back.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I've never seen an ump take more than 5 minutes to check a call. Now what I have seen is a manager taking upwards of 15 minutes to argue with an ump. How many of those tantrums will be reduced if all controversial plays were checked? The game would not be extended. It would all average out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should adapt what they have in international cricket in that each team has 2 referrals I think. If successful, they still have two. The only way to lose referrals is by getting it wrong

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I've never seen an ump take more than 5 minutes to check a call. Now what I have seen is a manager taking upwards of 15 minutes to argue with an ump. How many of those tantrums will be reduced if all controversial plays were checked? The game would not be extended. It would all average out.
    Jesus christ, talk about missing a joke

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    lol was I quoting you? My whole point, which I thought was pretty ing obvious, was that all these damn cry baby managers take longer to argue a call than it would to replay it. Pretty ing simple logic.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Funny now that a call goes against a manager, replay should be ins uted. Wasnt it Girardi who said he didnt want to see replay ins uted a couple years back when questioned about a bad call that went his way?

Whiners. Bad calls go both ways, its the name of the game. Galarraga should have had a perfect game, ty Jim Joyce. Infante was safe, the Cabrera double was fair, bla bla bla. Cry moar.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It was in 2009 vs the Twins with the fair foul ball, the safe out at third, etc.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    It was in 2009 vs the Twins with the fair foul ball, the safe out at third, etc.
    That was it, uva memory you got there. Cheers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Girardi's tune has definitely changed now that he's on the wrong side of a crucial call:

2009 against the Twins when the call went his way: "The thing about baseball is it's a real rhythm game, and I am sure football is, too, but I think if you were to start to instant replay all these plays, I think it would break the rhythm of the game, and our games all get to be four (hours) long. If you start instant replaying everything, then you could go as far as a strike and it could just become too long. I like the way they are doing it, just home run calls, those are important plays, and there are other important plays, and you could look at the play the other night and say that was an important play, but I think there would be too many things that people would want instant replay and where would you stop?"

2012 against Tigers when the call went against him: “[I]n this day and age when we have instant replay available to us, it’s got to change. These guys are under tremendous amounts of pressure. It’s a tough call for [Nelson] because the tag was underneath and it’s hard for him to see. And it takes more time to argue and get upset than you get the call right.” Later he would add, “I’ve been thrown out of games enough to know it would be quicker to get the call right or wrong or right on replay than for me to go out there and argue. And they talk about the flow of the game… It takes 30 seconds.”

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I would totally be an asshole NY journalist and read him his 2009 quote, then read him his 2012 quote and post a question dripping with sarcasm, jack-assery, and irony about whether he thinks there's honor in flip-flopping to such an extent only after your team needs the benefit of replay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Girardi is a bag, nothing to see here. Yankees get calls all day every day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, actually you were right.

Umps take their sweet time checking a simple homerun call.

There were a few instances this year where the umpire seeminly took forever to check if the ball actually touched the pad on the green monster to deem it a homerun.

I saw a few Yankees game where they did the same bull .

Thread Information