Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Bigfoot will actually be in this game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Overall the GTAs are all ing amazing. Props to Rockstar, I don't mind them delaying it to make it even more amazing.

Never been more hyped for a game. Rockstar are the best - Red Dead, Max Payne, GTA... .
    Didn't Australia banned these games from there? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks decent... not the first game with great screenshots though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Australia banned these games from there? lol
    Yeah because there is no R rating here until within last 6 months Manhunt was banned and a specific version of San Andreas... absolute joke. Luckily I have Manhunt and had the version of San Andreas before they took it off the shelves

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah because there is no R rating here until within last 6 months Manhunt was banned and a specific version of San Andreas... absolute joke. Luckily I have Manhunt and had the version of San Andreas before they took it off the shelves
    You can import, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can import, no?
    It's all good now since there is an R rating for games. I bought Manhunt in Malaysia. GTA 5 won't be banned

Reasons some games were banned were mainly because it was either for Mature Audiences or banned, now they have a restricted one.

I think Manhunt was banned due to some goody goody group protesting against it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i want this game badly. i ususally think doing midnight launches is stupid but it, for gta5 ill stand and lose sleep over this, ill play this till 4 am, even if i have school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i want this game badly. i ususally think doing midnight launches is stupid but it, for gta5 ill stand and lose sleep over this, ill play this till 4 am, even if i have school.
    i completely agree, for this game sacrifices can be made. i'm not even a big gamer for christ sake

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't really care about super duper top of the line graphics tbh, just want them to improve the controls and offer good, varied gameplay.

I'm a GTA fan and played the majority of the last gen GTA's and those games already looked graphically dated the moment they were released. Only this gen Rockstar decided to step up their graphical game.

If you watch the GTA V trailer, you can definitely notice a huge graphical improvement from GTA IV to GTA V. It looks great for an open world game but if you want to play a graphical beast, your best bet is to wait for the PC version and hope they don't screw up the port.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I have to agree, graphics have never been amazing but gameplay and story have been amazing which as far as I'm concerned makes up for it. As long as the graphics aren't - meh.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It looks close to GTA 4 graphics IMO. there's only so much you can do with a console and i think they're nearing the limit. Same with disc space

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It looks close to GTA 4 graphics IMO.
    That's what i thought at first but then i watched a video comparison between GTA IV and V and it's not even close.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'll definitely give this one a shot, but I never like the GTA games as much as I want to. I like other Rockstar games and other open world games, but the balance is all off in this franchise. There's too big a difference between the I want to be doing and the stuff I can actually do when the game starts. The clunky starting missions and the tedium of getting across town in a car and/or while avoiding police attention always turn me off long before I get to the fun of airplanes, sports cars, and rocket launchers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wake me up when (if) they announce it for PC. Last port was ing terrible

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Game informer on Thursday and trailer 2 next wednesday

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Game Informer cover, 3 protagonists revealed:

Last edited by Bynumite; 11-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest Rockstar map apparently.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Looks like 3 main characters to play as...details coming at 2 central

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest Rockstar map apparently.
    I guess I should correct this. They said their "biggest open world to date", which doesn't necessarily mean largest map. Look forward to the details.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Map is gonna be bigger than GTA4, SA, and RDR combined, holy ! Free roam with friends will be epic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Following the unveiling of Game Informer's Grand Theft Auto V cover for its December issue earlier today, the first batch of details have dropped from the 18-page spread, revealing everything from the names of the three new protagonists, to a few facts about the open-world of Los Santos, the missions and some of the gameplay apsects.

Here's the first bunch of details from GI, via NeoGAF:

Three Protagonists: Trevor (redneck), Michael (older white guy), and Franklin (black/mixed guy).
    Each character has his own personality, motivation, and skillset.
    Vehicles: cars and trucks, bikes (BMX, mountain), dirtbikes, ATVs, helicopters, planes, and jet skis.
    Los Santos in GTA V is bigger than the worlds of RDR, San Andreas, and GTA IV combined.
    Heists will be predominantly featured in GTA V. (Heat, anyone?)
    Customise your look but not San Andreas style RPG elements.
    Side-missions that Rockstar mentioned include: yoga, triathlons, tennis, and golf.
    Random NPC encounters are back and more developed.
    The ocean floor is detailed and can be explored.

Rockstar promises:

More fleshed out missions ala "Three Leaf Clover".
    More complex side missions and activities similar to Red Dead. "It's better to have one really good mini game than five half-assed ones that aren't fun".
    Better driving controls
    Improved shooting mechanics
    Refined melee combat
    Vibrant in-game economy (but no buying property)

We'll update this post as more details emerge. Grand Theft Auto V is out in spring 2013.
    So no Carl or Tommy then?

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No they're from a different era. I don't think Grove Street will be in there either but maybe some references to it(graffiti etc) and that culdesac

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The 2nd pic looks like theres a floating car...looks like there are some shadow bugs to work out still

And apparently you can follow pedestrians throughout the day as they go through their routines. For example a gardener will be at a bus stop in the morning and you can find him later on in the day working on someone's yard/sprinklers etc. cool small details

Thread Information