Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that we've all been biased by the headline saying it was a middle finger. Expectation alters perception. If you saw this without being biased, you might not think it was a middle finger.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 11-08-2012 at 06:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People just like a scandal, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to get sick and tired of these athletes...they play a "game" ..retire by 40..and are millionaires..suck it up and let the woman have a pic/video...it's not like she was even bothering him. Must really suck being famous..unreal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys must have really good eyes because I can't see anything in this video to definitely say he is flicking someone off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deserved two fingers, tbh. Give the dude his space. Truly the best middle finger ever. When I want to teach my kids the right way to flip someone off, I'll show them this video.
    Give the dude his space?? How much space does he need...? You'd think if he couldn't handle a photo or two while going out in public, he'd just stay home?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give the dude his space?? How much space does he need...? You'd think if he couldn't handle a photo or two while going out in public, he'd just stay home?
    Photo or two? The ? was videotaping him. Filming him. I see someone doing that to me, I'm coming up and snatching that away from them. He has rights, you know. And it's not exactly legal for her to just videotape him without his permission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Photo or two? The ? was videotaping him. Filming him. I see someone doing that to me, I'm coming up and snatching that away from them. He has rights, you know. And it's not exactly legal for her to just videotape him without his permission.
    Actually, the person has every right to video tape anything they want in a public place. She could have been standing next to his car and filming him obnoxiously and it would be completely legal. You do not have the right to "not be filmed" if you're in pubic.

Good luck walking up to someone and snatching their camera away. Good way to get arrested for theft, or possibly even robbery if they say they felt threatened, or if they fought back against you and you took it forcefully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C-O-L-D--B-L-O-O-D-E-D!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know Tim finger rolled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you serious? You think what she did was illegal? Says who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you serious? You think what she did was illegal? Says who?
    Depending on the case, there is an expectation of privacy. The parking lot probably isn't. But she still could have had the courtesy to leave the guy alone. I wouldn't want to be videotaped. She knew he was in there. She could have just gone up to him, shook his hand, asked for an autograph or picture, and he probably would have obliged. I have Tim's autograph..met him, asked, and he was more than happy to. But instead, she runs out to her car, hides in it, and videotapes him. How ing creepy is that? Talk about setting a bad example..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know Tim finger rolled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason for someone to think it was a middle finger is if she had done something to warrant a middle finger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on people..how hard is it(in a vehicle) to put it in gear and drive off?? Worst thing Timmy could have done In that situation, was giving her the finger..I mean she's video taping him already...what was he thinking? I just don't get it but it's a prime example of these athletes being just as dumb as u or I(proof is in most of these posts).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason for someone to think it was a middle finger is if she had done something to warrant a middle finger.
    "Warranted" according to who? Come one, Tim should be better than that but whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Warranted" according to who? Come one, Tim should be better than that but whatever.
    Don't judge..you have no clue what she was doing or saying from behind that camera. She could have brought it on herself. If he was having a bad day, was upset about something, and then all of a sudden someone is videotaping him, it might happen. And it's not about someone being as dumb as your or I..it's about them being human, like you or me...and yeah..he's ing human..get over yourself, and stop thinking athletes are supposed to be above us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't judge..you have no clue what she was doing or saying from behind that camera. She could have brought it on herself. If he was having a bad day, was upset about something, and then all of a sudden someone is videotaping him, it might happen. And it's not about someone being as dumb as your or I..it's about them being human, like you or me...and yeah..he's ing human..get over yourself, and stop thinking athletes are supposed to be above us.
    Lol "get over yourself and stop thinking athletes are suppose to be above us"..that doesn't make sense but w/e..my guess is she's shy..I am to and if I saw one of my favorite players I wouldn't go running up to them! She probably wanted proof ...so she could show it off to friends/family..and instead she gets the bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's 2012..nearly everyone has a phone w/camera these days....your famous and in public..what do you expect? I'm not saying what she did was right by any means..but I hope Timmy doesn't flip off everyone that tries catching him on camera in these situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "get over yourself and stop thinking athletes are suppose to be above us"..that doesn't make sense but w/e..my guess is she's shy..I am to and if I saw one of my favorite players I wouldn't go running up to them! She probably wanted proof ...so she could show it off to friends/family..and instead she gets the bird.
    If she wanted proof, a quick picture with both her and Tim in it would have sufficed. As you said its 2012 and everyone has a camera phone. Would have taken 2 seconds to go up ask for a picture with him, and if he wasn't in the mood that is his right. If she is too shy to ask, thats her problem not his. The fact the lady not only hid in a car to videotape him, but then decided to post the footage online would seem to suggest that wasn't the case though.

He's paid to play basketball and be socialable for the media events, he isn't a walking and talking Spurs billboard. They don't own him. He's en led to some semblence of privacy, even as a public figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody asked him to be a walking billboard...when you give someone the finger, you r saying F-CK YOU..im a huge bears fan and a lot of the fans do the same with Cutler(defend him no matter what)..I just didn't think Timmy was like that..plenty of other ways the situation could have been handled by both. That's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take a picture...not a video. When you film someone it's going too far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Athletes and celebrities shouldn't be viewed as superhuman beings. I doubt any children witnessed Tim flipping the bird before the video got posted. I couldn't imagine being followed and taped during my normal life. Athletes and celebrities are recorded and quoted during their jobs. Leave them alone outside of the limelight. THEY ARE HUMAN. And if they act like gods then so be it.. Respect their talent but don't expect anything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed my point altogether. It does not look all that obvious to me that it is him flipping her off. She only thinks it is him flipping her off because she did something that might make someone flip her off.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why anyone who was a Spurs fan would just film him from a distance like that. It's kinda creepy. If I was ever in SA, and saw Tim Duncan, I would approach him carefully, address him as "Mr. Duncan", and tell him I'm a huge fan and wish him good luck and say "get #5 this year, man!" or something like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got the smallest middle finger.

Thread Information