My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ng classiest flip-off of all time, HoF material

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Timmy appreciates having his plate numbers flashed on the web, but that was a ing awesome birdie.

Clean and smooth. Also the car, black and understated with plain black custom rims. Just what I'd expect from the man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Timmy is hinting at a fifth ring this year. One for the middle finger baby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Legitimate All-Star manustarting2gd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Tim with another rejection!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not rearview mirror. Why would he need to adjust it when he drove that car to the mall?
    To the mall? That's a CVS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Upon initial viewing, I could see why it looks like he is giving her the finger.

On second viewing however, I don't think that's the case. I think he was just hovering his right hand over his steering wheel while checking for traffic, and the finger sticking upward is his thumb.

The "offending" shot. We see his hand, but cant really tell if thats a middle finger, or a thumb sticking upward...Also note Tim is checking for a clear path:

However, notice when he lowers his hand, you can his fingers spread, apparently downward. Not the way your hand would come out after flipping the bird:

Tim then hesitates, still looking for traffic....then before he pulls out and starts turning the wheel, his right hand hovers over the steering wheel in a very similar fashion it was raised before:

When you are seven foot tall and have huge ing hands like Tim, it might be pretty easy to confuse one for the other.
    Last edited by Dex; 11-07-2012 at 07:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice observation Dex, but even if he did give her the finger, I don't have a problem with it. If somebody was filming me from their car I would feel pretty creeped out too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice Merc. Better than the typical Escalade or Dodge with 500 inches bling bling chrome wheels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very fundamentally sound middle finger...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Upon initial viewing, I could see why it looks like he is giving her the finger.

On second viewing however, I don't think that's the case. I think he was just hovering his right hand over his steering wheel while checking for traffic, and the finger sticking upward is his thumb.

The "offending" shot. We see his hand, but cant really tell if thats a middle finger, or a thumb sticking upward...Also note Tim is checking for a clear path:

However, notice when he lowers his hand, you can his fingers spread, apparently downward. Not the way your hand would come out after flipping the bird:

Tim then hesitates, still looking for traffic....then before he pulls out and starts turning the wheel, his right hand hovers over the steering wheel in a very similar fashion it was raised before:

When you are seven foot tall and have huge ing hands like Tim, it might be pretty easy to confuse one for the other.
    Myth busted!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that was the classiest obscene gesture ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic Duncan. Best part of my day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's only human tbh

boring is a quality
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was a set up by a Laker fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a who you are, a stranger taping you is getting the bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This. When, I drive i usually start with just one-hand and my left doing other stuff that i dont even notice. One time i just have it up, sometimes i have it touched on the mirror for some weird reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think Pop and RC install a chip in each Spur player's head after signing a contract that prevents them from doing the types of things deadspin thinks TD is doing, lol. That's why I say it's not a flip of the bird, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S65 AMG, I want to thank TD for showing what car to buy when one grows up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "A quick, easy up-and-under with zero wasted motion, using the glass like the future Hall of Famer has been doing his whole career."

f'ing love your sig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deserved two fingers, tbh. Give the dude his space. Truly the best middle finger ever. When I want to teach my kids the right way to flip someone off, I'll show them this video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just stop. No reason to create a huge story on your own lol, it's pretty clear that's the middle finger. What the is his right hand doing hovering way above the steering? Do you usually just hold your right hand up high and wide from the steering wheel before driving and leave your middle finger up? Lol that's pretty abnormal. He was probably being harassed and flipped the person, good for him.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look at that hall of fame peripheral vision on the perimeter. impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously this is all up for interpretation, but honing in on the details is completely different from "creating a huge story".

What the is his right hand doing hovering way above the steering?
    Dude is seven foot tall with a long wingspan, packed inside a tiny Mercedes. I'd venture to bet he doesn't have a ton of extra elbow room. Like I said, his hand was probably just hovering idly over the steering while he waited to pull out; he obviously goes back to the same motion when his car starts to move.

Do you usually just hold your right hand up high and wide from the steering wheel before driving and leave your middle finger up?
    Again, it doesn't look like a middle finger to me. The shot of his hand is obviously blurred, but to me, it looks like his hand is being held to the side (palm facing the steering wheel) with his thumb sticking up (you know, in the way it would be right before one grabs a steering wheel).

Focus on the hand:

Either Tim Duncan has the shortest middle finger ever (especially for a 7-foot man), or his hand is being held at an angle, and the digit we see facing upward is his thumb, like so:

I don't really care if Tim flipped this lady the bird; I agree that it's shady for anybody to be filming you from their car. At the same time, that just doesn't suit Tim's personality to me. He's been in the celebrity limelight for fifteen years; he's got to be used to people making a big deal of seeing him in every day situations. He's also always seemed extremely gracious, both the time that I met him, and in the other examples I've heard of. Just doesn't seem like the type of thing he'd do, and I don't think the video is concrete enough evidence to prove he did it.
    Last edited by Dex; 11-08-2012 at 11:08 AM.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Dude its clearly a middle finger. Dont need all that extra stuff. Its okay man Tim is human just like the rest of us. No big deal.

Thread Information