Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan A
    Dominant on both ends and taught Cousins a thing or two.

Manu Ginobili D-
    Extremely loose with the ball. Poor decisions on both ends.

Tony Parker D
    Attempted to play through illness. In retrospect, shouldn’t have played.

Kawhi Leonard B-
    Failed to convert a few opportunities but was vital on the defensive end.

Danny Green C
    Cooled off from the perimeter and wasn’t particularly helpful elsewhere.

DeJuan Blair D+
    Got the start but did little to make anyone think it was a good idea.

Boris Diaw B+
    Adjusted well to bench role. Solid in all aspects of the game.

Patrick Mills A
    Welcome to the season, Patty. Filled in perfectly for the ill Parker.

Gary Neal B
    He wasn’t bad but played a part in the helter-skelter flow.

Tiago Splitter B-
    Inconsistent outing. He sometimes looked great but usually underwhelmed.

Pop B-
    Putting Mills back in late was a key coaching move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan (A+)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop should just settle with the splitter, diaw, scrub, gino, scrub 2nd unit....the ball movement is much better when players arent looking for their own shots,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Duncan and Mills should get an A+ with Pop getting a solid C. His rotations were horribly questionable especially the decision to play Parker the minutes he gave him. Blair also got way too many minutes and he took out Mills too many times when he was blazing hot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more i see blair play, the more i am convinced that we should get k-mart. duncan fed him 2 easy assists under the basket and he could not convert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop usually does that when guys are having a hot hand, he benches them in mittens and hopes they come back on firing again....= FAIL, how many times have we seen the offense going away from teh hot hand in the 2nd half or when the player comes back on...

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think you switched green and leonards grades
    leonard was garbage tonight getting burned by francisco garcia on the same play twice consecutively and jumping into traffic drawing offensive fouls and getting blocked repeatedly
    greens defense and energy were really good
    highlights by his stop on thornton on the fast break

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, oh how the mighty have fallen:

evens was one of the few rookies to average 20-5-5 (IIRC - lebron, maybe oscar did the same); now, he cannot even get a contract extension. the kings will wait out other teams to bid for him - he will be restricted FA - and assess his value, before making a decision.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim was fantastic, even the Kings commentators said that he looks younger than the past 2/3 years. The statistics gives Tim 4 blocks, but I think he could be easily credited with 7/8.

And when pop subs Mills out late in 4th quarter, I thought that might cause us a game. Fortunately later he inserted him back in to finish the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it may be hard to assess our team after tonight's game, since we don't know how sick were our guys, but i see a trend in giving away many opportunities on the defensive glass from the first 6 games; the fakers are going to own us unless we end up within 5 or so rebounds of their total.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

evens was one of the few rookies to average 20-5-5 (IIRC - lebron, maybe oscar did the same); now, he cannot even get a contract extension. the kings will wait out other teams to bid for him - he will be restricted FA - and assess his value, before making a decision.
    this is why i hate the nba stance on tryin to improve high scoring games, high scoring games dont mean when players are just running up their statline to milk their next contract negotiation, when it doesnt represent the true value of their production when it comes to wins....theres plenty of guys out their posting up meaningless stats on losing teams who get paid market rate of guys who actually contribute to wins....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this is why i hate the nba stance on tryin to improve high scoring games, high scoring games dont mean when players are just running up their statline to milk their next contract negotiation, when it doesnt represent the true value of their production when it comes to wins....theres plenty of guys out their posting up meaningless stats on losing teams who get paid market rate of guys who actually contribute to wins....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim was fantastic, even the Kings commentators said that he looks younger than the past 2/3 years. The statistics gives Tim 4 blocks, but I think he could be easily credited with 7/8.

And when pop subs Mills out late in 4th quarter, I thought that might cause us a game. Fortunately later he inserted him back in to finish the game.
    would be sweet if every game players continue to talk too duncan to get him motivated...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DNP Matty Bonner.

Is everything okay??!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DNP Matty Bonner.

Is everything okay??!!
    flu

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris Diaw is the perfect passive type to fit in any role.

The only worry at this point for spurfan is Duncan playing so well so early.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DNP Matty Bonner.

Is everything okay??!!
    With the exception of his athleticism and his basketball skills, yes, everything's fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades! Manu had a couple of really whacked passes to be sure. TP was clearly out of it. Thank goodness for Tim getting pissed off and for Patty's high energy. It will be interesting seeing who plays tomorrow. I hope El Contusion is okay!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the quick grades. I was glad Pop switched line-ups a bit after the loss, such as letting Blair start and Mills play PG with a good amount of minutes. Seems like after a loss is a good time to adjust line-ups and observe results for the next few games. Patty seems like a nice upgrade in ball handling over Neal and was able to show that with increased minutes. His baskets near the rim were impressive.

Wondering what Ginobili needs to do, maybe slow down and just try to play efficiently. Tim has changed his game, maybe it is time Ginobili come to terms with changes needed to his game too, hopefully leading to less turnovers and acts of random negativeness. Of course Tim's evolution has been in a span of a few years and I want to say he regressed to some of his old ways at the end of the past 2-3 seasons, improving with each one. How will Ginobili fair under similar cir stances, on the other hand Tim went into the new seasons with a new play style in mind. I don't think Ginobili has had time to prepare for adjustments to his game.

Also glad Tiago is finally playing with some huevos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan puts up a monster 23 point 12 rebound 4 assist 4 block 3 steal line on the same night Anthony Davis, the one tabbed as the next Duncan puts up a similar 23 point 11 rebound 2 assist 5 block 2 steal line. Eerie.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was the stuff of dreams on D and obviously hit most of his shots, but I feel like Tim could have had thirty.

He was thinking very slowly when near the block tonight. Just glad most of his jumpers went in.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    cory jospeh should play alongside mills ... cj could contribute similar to danny green on defense ... neal should play when we need offense

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    feel like san antonio got bailed out of another wednesday night-esque showing by playing a very subpar team. then again, tony was sick or something like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey timvpimp (or any of you other s) do yall know what timmy was doing after the block at 4:08 in the 4th quarter? he pulls his right hand away violently and turns his back to cousins as if he was being held or something. not important or relevant to the game but just thought it was pretty weird tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey timvpimp (or any of you other s) do yall know what timmy was doing after the block at 4:08 in the 4th quarter? he pulls his right hand away violently and turns his back to cousins as if he was being held or something. not important or relevant to the game but just thought it was pretty weird tbh.
    maybe he was pissed he didnt get a offensive charge call go his way, with the same shoulder move

Thread Information