Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Washington St. getting that win woulda been huge.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Jmark- do you know if there is any specific reason why we scheduled such a low amount of out of conference games this year? It doesn't make much sense to me given how inexperienced the team is together.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    We were in talks for an early season tournament and the Carrier Classic which fell through, scheduled teams like Tech, and joined that Hawaii tournament over Holiday break (Miami and likely SDSU). It'll eventually pick up, but it'll never be what it was under Lute.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    USC isn't very good.
    Coaching. They have enough experience and talent to be a tough team to beat. O'Niell sucks...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Pac 12 = MWC bitcch TBQH

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Watching this UA Clemson game, it strengthens my theory that the 2005-2007 Phoenix Suns and the circus surrounding it infected basketball in Arizona and made it so every basketball team at every level in Arizona tries to be a 3 point chucking, offense oriented fast break team regardless of the personnel. I have no in idea why this team chucks so many threes and tries so hard to push the tempo, but it's gonna be their downfall.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I get pushing tempo, but those threes will bury them vs. Florida. They lack post recognition skills, be it timing, spacing, or passing. It should improve, but not if they just chuck threes all the time.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I get pushing tempo
    I don't.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    They have the horses, but they are ting all over the place right now. Between Hills butterfingers and Lyons lack of PG instincts, this game has been fumbled away. They built their lead attacking. They've almost entirely stopped. Only reason Clrmdon is in this is because UA is forcing tempo, so, to that end, I agree with you.

I hate saying it, but against physical play, Hill is useless.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    They have the horses, but they are ting all over the place right now. Between Hills butterfingers and Lyons lack of PG instincts, this game has been fumbled away. They built their lead attacking. They've almost entirely stopped. Only reason Clrmdon is in this is because UA is forcing tempo, so, to that end, I agree with you.

I hate saying it, but against physical play, Hill is useless.
    Yeah that was my point, when they slowed it down last night and made it a contest of who can score in the half court, Clemson got blown out. When they decided to push the ball for no reason it let Clemson back in the game, largely because Lyons is totally inexperienced at being the PG who has to get back on D to prevent the other team's fast breaks.

At least for the immediate future, I think Miller needs to give some of Jerrett's minutes to Chol. Jerrett is playing out of control, forcing things way too much, and when he's on the court the other team gets a ton of offensive boards cause he doesn't consistently box out. When Chol gets extended PT and has time to get in the rhythm of the game, he's an elite help/PnR defender. I see virtually no improvement in his game offensively but he knows his place on offensive and doesn't do dumb stuff.

Unfortunately none of this matters if Solo Hill pulls a Nic Wise/Kyle Fogg and decides to mail in his senior season with extremely inefficient offense and bad decisions when everyone expects him to be a leader on a young team. Lyons has had plenty of bad moments so far as a SG in a PG's body, but he's tried his best to show leadership and calm the team down when things are out of control. I haven't seen any of that from Solo. He seems more concerned with showing NBA scouts he can effectively transition to SG/SF at the next level.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I agree on on Chol. I want to see more of a Ashley/Chol frontcourt. Elite defense, rebounding, athleticism, better bulk... And it's not like Tarc is Kareem on offense yet. He short arms more hooks than Chol takes shots.

My ideal lineup is Lyons, Johnson, Hill, Ashley, Chol.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Arizona and everyone else in the PAC...

This team has a chance at legit le contention with continued improvement.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The PAC 12 is basically Arizona and no one else but Arizona is damn good. I wish we played them this season.

Honestly makes sense to schedule a home and home with you guys.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Enjoyed watching them beat Florida

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    The PAC 12 is basically Arizona and no one else but Arizona is damn good. I wish we played them this season.

Honestly makes sense to schedule a home and home with you guys.
    Makes sense for rpi to schedule a neutral court game. Miller typically only does non-conference home/home for fertile recruiting areas. New York and Florida last year, Deep South and Texas this year. Michigan and Midwest in coming years.

UNLV is much more likely for a home/home series because of Findlay Prep exposure.

That said, I would like home/home with a West rotation of UNLV, San Diego State, Gonzaga (in Seattle/Phoenix), Southwest of SMU, Houston or Rice, Midwest with Ohio State, Missouri, Dayton, East with St. John's (return in Phoenix), Villanova or Temple, and Southeast with Florida, NC State or Wake Forest, and Memphis.

Not all every year, but one from each region each year.

Wouldn't mind scheduling teams like UNM. I just don't see home/home, unless its a Dallas or Houston/Phoenix or Las Vegas type location.

Would love to have a home/home with Kansas, but after all the super-conference dealings, apparently that bridge is burned for a while.

That said, UNM has always provided a hostile atmosphere that would be great to have the team experience.
    Last edited by JMarkJohns; 12-18-2012 at 10:27 AM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The atmosphere in the Pit is awesome. The UNLV game last year is one of the loudest games I've ever been to and great fun.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Lute vowed never to play in The Pit again... Underrated as far as home-court advantages. It's great experience for great teams with le aspirations.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Watching this UA Clemson game, it strengthens my theory that the 2005-2007 Phoenix Suns and the circus surrounding it infected basketball in Arizona and made it so every basketball team at every level in Arizona tries to be a 3 point chucking, offense oriented fast break team regardless of the personnel. I have no in idea why this team chucks so many threes and tries so hard to push the tempo, but it's gonna be their downfall.
    Interesting. All I remember UA getting against Tech was layups, dunks, and free throws.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Rumors are swirling that Howkand could be out before season's end, maybe sooner than later.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    UCLA finally starting to play well.

Arizona

(BIIIIIIIIIG GAP)

UCLA
    Colorado, Oregon

-bubble-
    Cal, Stanford
    -likely out-
    ASU
    -out-
    Everybody else

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Another ridiculous win from this team.

Post Count
    This game wasn't in HD on ESPN2.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    ESPN decided shipping their HD equipment to Hawaii wasn't worth the expense. Worldwide leader in disappointment.

Arizona is a very good, very flawed team. However, they have enough depth at everything that matters that those flaws seldom bite them. With their depth of size, shooting, seniors, athleticism, versatility, defense, and leadership, they just need to eliminate the self-induced mistakes such as sloppy play and reckless shot-selection and they'll be in every game they play in now until the Elite 8 minimum.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Hear UCLA BIIIIIIG man, Tony Parker is 90% likely he's transferring at weeks end.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    For those wondering why, hearing Howland and staff out at year's end, meaning his former AAU coach-turned-UCLA assistant will no longer be there, so get out while the getting out is good.

Thread Information