Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    For those wondering why, hearing Howland and staff out at year's end, meaning his former AAU coach-turned-UCLA assistant will no longer be there, so get out while the getting out is good.
    The Missouri game will probably decide how long Howland gets. If UCLA wins that game Howland isn't getting fired with a 5 game winning streak and victory against a top 10 team headed into Pac-12 play.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I'm hearing he's gone. Parker's possible transfer may give them cause amidst wins since it will be the third in-season transfer this year thus far for a team without a scholarship crunch, so it's all about players and coaches relationships.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Lets go UCLA!

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    UCLA wins in OT

no in way Howland gets fired after that

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I'm hearing he's gone. Short of a Final 4, I don't think anything saves him.

When Parker transfers and Shabazz and Anderson go pro, there just won't be any upside for them to retain a coach that arguably drives away as many students as he brings in. His transfer list is a top-10 team, and his reputation cost them any chance at Gordon, Hamilton, and Jackson-Cartwright, three SoCal 5-star prospects. Gordon is going to rival Arizona, Hamilton opted for UTEP over SDSU, UNLV and assorted other PAC-12 fair before considering UCLA, and I've heard PJC is literally so reluctant to leave the LA area he's withholding an AZ commit until he sees if Howland is fired and who they bring in to replace in case.

My guy says he's gone, so he's gone.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I'm hearing he's gone. Short of a Final 4, I don't think anything saves him.

When Parker transfers and Shabazz and Anderson go pro, there just won't be any upside for them to retain a coach that arguably drives away as many students as he brings in. His transfer list is a top-10 team, and his reputation cost them any chance at Gordon, Hamilton, and Jackson-Cartwright, three SoCal 5-star prospects. Gordon is going to rival Arizona, Hamilton opted for UTEP over SDSU, UNLV and assorted other PAC-12 fair before considering UCLA, and I've heard PJC is literally so reluctant to leave the LA area he's withholding an AZ commit until he sees if Howland is fired and who they bring in to replace in case.

My guy says he's gone, so he's gone.
    I never questioned that he's gone when the season is over, I'm just saying he's not getting fired midseason. Maybe that's what you meant by "year's end". I thought you meant he's gone by the end of 2012.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    End of the season for certain. The in-season firing was something I heard rumblings over. The idea behind was to get him out before some sort of death rattle that brings just enough hope/success that it made things difficult in perception to get rid of him. If Parker transfers, I still think there's a chance that's the last straw. You don't have two McD AAs and a third top-40 recruit transfer in a half a season with impunity.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Arizona is as lucky as they are good.

Some pure livin' or something.

13-0, es!

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    seeing ASU fans bukkake facebook with angry statuses about it made that call that much better rofl rofl

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    All that matters is the final score.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    What a crazy call. Arizona is the better team, but that one was gifted.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    That call was totally bad, hopefully it's a wakeup for Arizona to stop playing with fire and mailing the first 30 minutes of the game in. Them losing to an inferior team is inevitable if they keep playing like this.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    If the game was in Boulder, that shot would still stand, imo. It's that homecourt treatment.

Still a bad call regardless though.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I initially thought bad call, still feel as though UA got a gift, but Ken Pomroy has me convinced the play could not be proven conclusively, and the rule says a made shot must have left the fingers before time expired conclusively.

Not to say I wouldn't be pissed with shoe being on other foot.

Teams have been coming in shooting upwards of 10-15% higher from range than their season averages. Millers defense is always strong against the three, but with this now the third or fourth "fluke" shooting game by an opponent, I'm ready to say Miller needs to adjust his defensive schemes to a press when teams come out blazing. UAs press has owned when employed and has succeeded in rattling the offense of the opposition. Employ it long enough to speed up their internal clock and get them hurrying.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    At some point Arizona is going to need to learn from why they need luck to win, and just just learn to rely on it.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    The problem is this team should have great balance but Lyons and Nick Johnson take way too many shots and do a horrible job feeding the post. It's like watching Nic Wise ignore Derrick Williams part II.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Millers systems are guard oriented, so it makes sense they will take more shots. We're also not defending with urgency any longer. I fear they've officially bought into the "flip switch" mentality that it will be there when needed. I think Miller sitting Ashley was to send a message that effort is to be sustained from tip to buzzer on both ends.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...er-no-comment/

Parker stayed for the year, but my guess is he's gone after the year.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Huge game right now twixt Arizona at Oregon. The only meeting of the year. Winner gets tie-breaker.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Haven't seen reffing this bad since... the Arizona-Colorado game.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    They have been terrible, but so is Arizona right now. With the passing of Lyons-Johnson-Parrom-Hill, this team should be much better a cohesive unit than they are on offense, and this is by far the worst perimeter defense I have ever seen with a Sean Miller team, which the collective talent should find impossible.

Bad loss. Now quit trying to be perfect and actually learn and develop. I'd rather be a well-playing 4-seed than a stagnant 2-seed.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Message somebody to get the pac12 edited out of the le and make this the CBB thread. Maybe you'll get some hits and posts then.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Why would we do that? Seems just fine on its own twixt the roughly dozen of us PAC
    12 fans.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Message somebody to get the pac12 edited out of the le and make this the CBB thread. Maybe you'll get some hits and posts then.
    Who said we wanted that?

Anywho, I pretty much agree with JMark. UA being undefeated led to Miller and the players caring way too much about the short term results. We shouldn't have 3 different starters logging 35+ minutes this early in the season when the bench has as much talent as it does. Being undefeated made developing Ashley, Jerrett and Tarc less of a priority which was the worst part. The way we struggle to get the ball to them against the zone is a problem that won't be solved by Lyons Johnson and Hill jacking up more 3s.

They've got a lot of work to do if they're gonna be ready for March.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    JMarkJohns, have you heard about the great year Josiah Turner had after being basically kicked off the team? He got kicked off SMU's team before the season started, lasted less than a month in Hungary, and just got kicked off his 3rd team since Arizona in a Canadian league. This guy is a total headcase.

Thread Information