Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I'm tired of using the Shabazz thread.

This is da year Pac-12 basketball is no longer a laughable embarrassment

UCLA and UofA both have top 10 talent and should be ranked around or in the top 10 all year. Arizona's out-of-conference schedule has an easy enough start where hopefully it has the same effect it had 2010-2011. UCLA might lose a few more out-of-conference-games because Shabazz is still getting worked in by they'll be rolling by March.

Cal and Colorado are still good teams. One or both should finish top 25.

Jahii Carson will maybe make ASU a team that's somewhat compe ive.

This year will be da year the Pac-12 rebounds and gets more than 2 at large bids

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Oregon with upset win over UNLV. Hate that it was west-on-west crime, though.

I think Arizona, UCLA, Colorado, and Cal are locks for NCAA, with USC, Oregon and Stanford on the bubble. USC has plenty of talent, but most of it's returning from injury, transferred in, or freshman. They'll start slow then be damn good in conference once players better fit scheme. My guess is they get five in. There's still a negative view of the conference overall.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Goddamn it, UCLA! Hold up your in' end of this revival, will ya, please?! !

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Fire Howland already tbh

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I think they should keep him until Arizona signs Gordon and gets either McGloughlin or Parker-Cartwright.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    Cal ing Poly? Don't tell me they're going to lose to Caltech next.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    lol ucla

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    And #19 Colorado poops the bed but cleans the sheets in plenty of time to win in OT vs nobody Texas Southern.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Josh Smith leaving UCLA. Twixt this, Lamb's transfer, Anderson's benching, and naming three UNC castoffs captains, my guess is this PAC-12 revival loses some of luster with UCLA being such a dumpster fire.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Arizona just beat the ever lovin' out of my employer...

Disappointed they didn't get Ashley more involved in the offense.

Not Koolaid_Man Homeland Security's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Josh Smith leaving UCLA.
    Transferring to Golden Corral?

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I heard he was looking for a system that feeds the posts more.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I didn't get to watch the NAU-UofA game last night, but it was a lot of fun following the box score on my phone as the game went along.

I was a little surprised earlier this week when we were slotted at #9, given how few games we've played so far, but the offensive stats don't lie: Overall, 8th in PPG, 2nd in APG, 10th in FG%. I know our compe ion has been really week, but I'm very pleased with 2nd half play on both ends.

Brandon Ashley has me really excited, as well.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    They'll play compe ion soon enough. NAU almost beat Oregon.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Transferring to Golden Corral?

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Arizona and everyone else... Disappointed with the rest of the conference.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Arizona and everyone else... Disappointed with the rest of the conference.
    Lets not get arrogant quite yet , but them dominating on the road, even though TT is a bad team, is a sign of how much better they are than last year when every road game was a struggle. If they're undefeated heading into the UF game and win it that'll probably put them in the top 5.

Mark Lyons transfering here and not having to sit a year might have saved us from another rebuilding year in and of itself. Miller finally having a PG who not only can shoot but has NBA range makes the offense look much better and makes it so other players don't face so much traffic due to horrible spacing. I'd like to see Lyons cut down on the reckless plays and the team not settle for 3s so quickly, but that will probably change once teams figure out they can't pack the paint like last year and leave the perimeter wide open. Their defense also looks really good except the rebounding is still a work in progress given how much they should be dominating them.

Meanwhile, UCLA looks like a partial birth abortion. They don't even show that much potential when I watch them. Shabazz is as talented as advertised but he seems completely indifferent as to how his 1 year in college will go. Powell, Adams and the Wears are the only players on UCLA who seem to give a . Their fat center experiment has gone nowhere with Smith gone and Parker injured. Anderson couldn't look any worse if he wanted to. I'll be amazed if Howland gets to keep his job if this year keeps going the way it has for them.

The rest of the Pac has actually shown some promise tho. Cal and Colorado will definitely be in the tournament w/ Oregon also playing like a tourney team so far. If those 3 make it and UCLA turns their season around enough to make it, I'd say it's an overall good year for the Pac. The conference is still weak enough where there's no reason UA can't repeat the 2010-2011 record or close to it.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Arizona has three non-conference tests left: @ Clemson, home vs. Florida, neutral vs. San Diego State (most likely). They have the talent to win all three. After this, @ UCLA, @ Colorado, @ Cal and maybe home vs. last two will be only real tests. Was expecting so much more from the Bruins, especially, but a stronger Trojans, Huskies, and Cardinals squads as well.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I kinda thought the Huskies falling off was inevitable. It seems like the last few years they've been incapable of putting good recruiting classes together and it's caught up to them. Angelo Chol seeking UA out and eventually chosing us knowing he'd have to scratch and claw for every minute of PT he gets here when Washington had been recruiting him for over a year and promising him significant PT was not a good sign of things to come for their program.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    sup 'ased?

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Sup Big 'hn Sul

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Gaddy and Wilcox should be enough to compete. Washington can't even do that.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, UCLA looks like a partial birth abortion. They don't even show that much potential when I watch them. Shabazz is as talented as advertised but he seems completely indifferent as to how his 1 year in college will go. Powell, Adams and the Wears are the only players on UCLA who seem to give a . Their fat center experiment has gone nowhere with Smith gone and Parker injured. Anderson couldn't look any worse if he wanted to. I'll be amazed if Howland gets to keep his job if this year keeps going the way it has for them.
    Steve Lvin years, part II

Shabazz plays the Baron Davis role and everyone else is JaRon Rush
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-03-2012 at 12:04 AM.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Almost a great night after Arizona almost crapped the bed.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    USC isn't very good.

Thread Information