Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Big party back in the 70's when the SACROC field pumped it's 1 billionth barrel of oil. We painted a pumpjack gold.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Gotta love pumping strippers.
    Those ers pump forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, shale development is pretty complex. But, this is a huge field. Gotta yield.
    Seems like it. I think my point was that in many cases, the majors use these fields as a way to pump up reserves and stock prices and the recoverable reserves are rarely as big as first projected.
    But whatever. The more holes that can put in the ground, the better for the U.S. energy situation. But it does make it tougher for the small independents to raise money to develop "traditional" plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have about a zillion acres (I really don't know how many, it was an old family farm) that produces decent royalties from small, stripper wells. Pretty sure that's gonna get pumped up once the shale is in full play.
    Holy ! TB is about to be a 1%er!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to bump that estate tax up to about 90% to ensure he doesn't see too much of it. republicans are the party of self reliance right? TB needs to be self reliant, not live off the spoils of his parents good fortune.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey TeyshaBlue, I know that we have generally had a mutual respect for each other, but please let me be the first to give you a preemptive " YOU ASSHOLE" upon hearing this news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not the government. It's all private property/money. Obama is doing everything he can to with the oil industry.
    More than a bit of an exaggeration.

Not cozy, but certainly not extremely obstructive.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I just wonder, when do we "go dry", or at least go close enough to dry that normal folks can't afford oil? 2080? 2180? Just curious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Maybe it will attract some of the ing morons in the industry and they will all go there, leaving me to deal with a more competent class of human being in the Eagle Ford, then the usual dumb s I have to deal with on a regular basis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol goal post move.

"You've made it abundantly clear that you have not the slightest understanding of the oil and gas business other than what your rss overlords tell you to think. Just stop with the nonsense and do some original research.

My hometown sits right in the middle of this formation. It's mentioned in this article. The city and county will benefit mightily from further exploration....jobs, housing, retail, schools. These are the playgrounds of the 99% that you seem to know so little about."
    There are stories about land owners taking the money and moving away since the 24x7 rape of their land renders it unlivable, plus the nearby landowners who don't have drilling see their property values drop. Then there there is huge tax burden on low-population rural counties having to rebuild destroyed roads, and some govt's are wary of the home/rental building boom knowing the boom will end and the buildings will be worthless and eye sores. They've seen it all before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The timing couldn't be better for my parents. They're bout to sell their house and move.
    Don't sell. Rent it out. If the shortage is as acute as they are saying, the rental demand will be more than enough to pay any new mortgage they acquire.

I very, very, very strongly recommend this.

If they want to sell at some point in the future, and it is developing as the article says, they can always kick any tenant out and sell it to lock in value, but renting it would provide a huge boost to cash flows.

Don't take my word for it, spend a bit of money to talk to a financial adviser and outline the issues to them.

PM if you want to know more, or ask questions. Wife was apartment manager, and I did the books for about a decade or so, so I am pretty familiar with the topic.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anyone here work on an oil rig or know the process to get hired...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't sell. Rent it out. If the shortage is as acute as they are saying, the rental demand will be more than enough to pay any new mortgage they acquire.

If they want to sell at some point in the future, and it is developing as the article says, they can always kick any tenant out and sell it to lock in value, but renting it would provide a huge boost to cash flows.

Don't take my word for it, spend a bit of money to talk to a financial adviser and outline the issues to them.

PM if you want to know more, or ask questions. Wife was apartment manager, and I did the books for about a decade or so, so I am pretty familiar with the topic.
    I don't know about this. You're gambling that the play is as good as they say and housing demand will continue to be strong. If the money is right, they should take it and run IMO. There are plenty of stories about landowners holding out for more money only to have all offers pulled off the table when the play doesn't pan out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My nephew works for a frac outfit making stupid money and he is dumb as a ing brick.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Need to bump that estate tax up to about 90% to ensure he doesn't see too much of it. republicans are the party of self reliance right? TB needs to be self reliant, not live off the spoils of his parents good fortune.
    I've already lost more than I've made. I suck at self-reliance.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There are stories about land owners taking the money and moving away since the 24x7 rape of their land renders it unlivable, plus the nearby landowners who don't have drilling see their property values drop. Then there there is huge tax burden on low-population rural counties having to rebuild destroyed roads, and some govt's are wary of the home/rental building boom knowing the boom will end and the buildings will be worthless and eye sores. They've seen it all before.
    Ok, so you have nothing. Stories.
    I've got stories of oil companies rebuilding roads and via taxes, schools. Humble oil built an entire community of homes and schools in my neck of the woods.
    The boom/bust cycle is nothing new to West Texas....we've seen it before and we'll see it again. On balance, it works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My nephew works for a frac outfit making stupid money and he is dumb as a ing brick.
    so all we know now is that the apple doesn't fall far from the family tree. what was the point CC?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I own rental properties now. The last thing I want to do is be a long distance land-lord!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I own rental properties now. The last thing I want to do is be a long distance land-lord!
    especially for oilfield trash that will tear up and leave poop in the gutters and chimney

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hey TeyshaBlue, I know that we have generally had a mutual respect for each other, but please let me be the first to give you a preemptive " YOU ASSHOLE" upon hearing this news.
    lol...I aint gonna make a penny off this short term. It will be the basis of my retirement, hopefully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol...I aint gonna make a penny off this short term. It will be the basis of my retirement, hopefully.
    not if Obama has his way with you

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My nephew works for a frac outfit making stupid money and he is dumb as a fn brick.
    THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! How did he get his start? I am told that in North Dakota you drive up there, sleep in your car & apply for any outfit...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    especially for oilfield trash that will tear up and leave poop in the gutters and chimney
    Cost of doing business to take that risk. Price accordingly, and ask for substantial damage deposits.

If it gets really bad, that is what insurance is for. Let their lawyers get recovery from the previous tenant.

Case closed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! How did he get his start? I am told that in North Dakota you drive up there, sleep in your car & apply for any outfit...
    just answered an ad in the newspaper. He had no prior experience. They paid him for a couple of months while they trained him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Last edited by TeyshaBlue; 11-30-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Thread Information