Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As they used to say in the mid 2000s what the dilly yo? (yes I'm a dork)

Seems republicans are crying voter fraud and rigging (again) and the Broward county election lady is incompetent. But what's really going on?

Give me your partisan takes here

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Hanging Chad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always Florida...I'll never forget staying up until 3 in the morning to watch Bush steal the presidency. I lost my faith in the government then, but along came Trump.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It’s a fair complaint from Rick Scott that Broward County doesn’t have even the slightest idea how many votes are left to count, but that doesn’t mean there’s voter fraud, and the solution isn’t to simply stop counting votes.

If Rick Scott wants Palm Beach County and Broward County to be able to count votes quicker then they shoul provide more staffing and resources to administer elections. There shouldn’t be 6 hour lines in those counties when panhandle voters don’t have to wait at all.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    There’s also counties across the country that take this long to count all of the votes, people only notice it in Florida because its statewide elections are regularly nail biters.

Arizona for example has always taken 1+ week to count all of the mail in ballots, but no one ever cared prior to 2018 because the Republican usually had a big enough lead to call it on election night.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not expecting Florida to go for Nelson. Yesterday Scott's lead dropped pretty quickly from 70,000 or so to 15,000 but now the new updates on the NY Times tracker are just showing 50-60 vote differences every few hours. Hopefully Sinema is able to hold on to her lead. Looks like Kim has defeated MacArthur in NJ-03 by 2600 votes. MacArthur for bringing the AHCA back from dead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a fair complaint from Rick Scott that Broward County doesn’t have even the slightest idea how many votes are left to count, but that doesn’t mean there’s voter fraud, and the solution isn’t to simply stop counting votes.

If Rick Scott wants Palm Beach County and Broward County to be able to count votes quicker then they shoul provide more staffing and resources to administer elections. There shouldn’t be 6 hour lines in those counties when panhandle voters don’t have to wait at all.
    Is not really a fair complaint when he's accusing them of outright fraud. that guy.

Something beyond counting the ballot is going on in the Broward county. There is an under vote for Nelson but not for Gillum. Why is that? If anyone is getting screwed, it's the democratic candidate for senate.

Bill Nelson is the one who ought to be saying there is some funny business going on there, not Rick ing Scott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott has a 3pm hearing with a judge Jeb Bush appointed to get to the bottom of this. Would be cool if she sides for the democrats even if they don't win for appearance sake. The fact that the Bush v Gore supreme court recount ruling was 5-4 and totally along party lines is a sneaky underrated moment for partisanship hackery in this country that undermined people's faith in the courts (if it was 5-4 but two conservatives and two liberal judges had voted against their own party would lead people like me to have more faith in the courts).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is not really a fair complaint when he's accusing them of outright fraud. that guy.

Something beyond counting the ballot is going on in the Broward county. There is an under vote for Nelson but not for Gillum. Why is that? If anyone is getting screwed, it's the democratic candidate for senate.

Bill Nelson is the one who ought to be saying there is some funny business going on there, not Rick ing Scott.
    Looks like the idiot running the Broward County elections made a confusing ballot and some people didn't see the senator section

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s also counties across the country that take this long to count all of the votes, people only notice it in Florida because its statewide elections are regularly nail biters.

Arizona for example has always taken 1+ week to count all of the mail in ballots, but no one ever cared prior to 2018 because the Republican usually had a big enough lead to call it on election night.
    Supposedly Arizona will be releasing new results every day at 5PM. No idea which way that race is going.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Scott Accuses Democrats of Trying to Thwart G.O.P.’s Successful Voter Suppression

TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA —In a hastily called press conference on Thursday evening, Florida Governor Rick Scott accused Democrats of nefariously plotting to undo the Republican Party’s highly successful voter-suppression effort.

“As Republicans, we have worked tirelessly to intimidate, discourage, and otherwise disenfranchise millions of Florida voters,”

a visibly enraged Scott said.

“We are not about to let Democrats swoop in at the last minute and ruin all of that fine work.”

Scott angrily singled out the Broward County and Palm Beach County supervisors for their “rampant enforcement of the right to vote.”

“They are literally finding votes by people we are a hundred per cent sure we had scared away from the voting booths,”

he said. “This will not stand.”

The Florida governor said that if Democrats think that they can undermine the Republicans’ arduous and painstaking efforts to suppress votes in Florida, “they better think again.”

“I will not sit idly by while every vote is counted,” Scott said.

“This is Florida, goddammit.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/rick-scott-accuses-democrats-of-trying-to-thwart-gops-successful-voter-suppression

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

The fraud complaint is illogical. If this were an elaborate fraud scheme then I’m pretty sure they’d be able to know how many fake votes they intended to count and could give a number, this is a simple case of incompetent government employees.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Supposedly Arizona will be releasing new results every day at 5PM. No idea which way that race is going.
    Apparenly the computer system in Maricopa County hasn’t been updated since the 1980s and can only process 75k mail in ballots each day (this is a county with over 4 million people ).

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Looks like the idiot running the Broward County elections made a confusing ballot and some people didn't see the senator section
    This is why liberals are the silent majority, there’s a ing pivotal senate race on the ballot that’s going to be close but tens of thousands of liberal voters were too ing lazy/stupid to fill it out correctly

The panhandle voters are for the most part braindead rednecks but they find a way to not do stupid like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why liberals are the silent majority, there’s a ing pivotal senate race on the ballot that’s going to be close but tens of thousands of liberal voters were too ing lazy/stupid to fill it out correctly

The panhandle voters are for the most part braindead rednecks but they find a way to not do stupid like this.
    It wasn't even that confusing if you look at it (scroll down) https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...orida-recount/

To be fair i think it that type of ballot was released to the hillbillies in the panhandle they might have been befuddled too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brenda Snipes, Broward elections official at center of ballot storm, has history of controversy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe throw them all out ?
    Or fire the boss that overseas it and staff !
    Break rules to pay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparenly the computer system in Maricopa County hasn’t been updated since the 1980s and can only process 75k mail in ballots each day (this is a county with over 4 million people ).

McCain and flake useless to state of Arizona

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't even that confusing if you look at it (scroll down) https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...orida-recount/

To be fair i think it that type of ballot was released to the hillbillies in the panhandle they might have been befuddled too
    I think over 5K people voted for Escribir A Lekri, since the instructions told them to write that in.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and if anyone can detect uselessness, it's you.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What the do the two US senators have to do with the computer system used at the county level to administer elections?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks with mccain complaints still lmao. never seen anyone as triggered as ducks was when mccain turned that thumbs down on repealing obamacare

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Saw a short clip of Brenda Snipes. Oh yah. This is that "resistance"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a black lady!

Thread Information