My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi friends (Sorry for the double post, I just posted this in the Club forum, but LJ suggested I post in here as well since there is a strong political current to this book.)

As I am a fairly regular on Spur Talk, I thought that some of you might be interested to know that my debut novel, Lenin's Harem, has been published in North America. (The international edition comes out on May 8th). This has been an eight year project leaving my home in the States, and living in Latvia, Estonia and Russia to write the book. (Along with a year studying writing in Manchester, UK). The book is being released by Knox Robinson Publishing, a small traditional British publisher.

In simplest terms, the novel is about a young aristocrat swept up in the turmoil of World War I who finds himself a member of the elite Latvian Red Riflemen of the Russian Revolution (a group nicknamed "Lenin's Harem", nothing to do with a real harem by the way.) The aristocrat tries to survives the wars and class genocides of the times, adapting despite himself, and finally finding friendship with his fellow soldiers, love with a communist girl, only to face Stalin's purges in the 1930's. It is also, in many ways, the tragedy of the birth and death of the first Latvian State.

The novel has received very good reviews and endorsements from several well-known authors, historians, and the former dean of the CIA's Intelligence School called it "Enthralling" (as you can see on the cover.) I have a very good review coming out soon in the Providence Journal. I will be reading from the book at the Latvian Embassy to the United States in Washington D.C. on January, 23rd.

So, for those of you who might want to read a gripping story in the vein of Dr. Zhivago or All Quiet on the Western Front (about the land of Dāvis Bertāns, no less) I'd love to hear your opinions.

The books is available in hardback on Amazon

And Amazon Kindle.

And for an epub file (fairly universal ebook) just order directly from my publisher. Change the format from hardback to ebook.

For more information check out my Author Facebook Page

Many thanks (and I apologize for the slightly sales-ish nature of this post!)

Best, Bill
    Last edited by BillMc; 12-17-2012 at 02:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations! Hope the book sells well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations! Hope the book sells well.
    Thanks!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    congrats. you didnt self publish. noticed thats been a trend lately. good luck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    congrats. you didnt self publish. noticed thats been a trend lately. good luck
    Thanks! Nope, not self-published. Released by a traditional publisher (though a small one, tbh.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this going to appear at the iBook store at some point? That's normally where I get my electronic reading from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this going to appear at the iBook store at some point? That's normally where I get my electronic reading from.
    The hardback is already on the iBook store. http://www.ibookstore.com/products.php?i=190848344X

Ebook should be there too, somewhere, I'd think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hardback is already on the iBook store. http://www.ibookstore.com/products.php?i=190848344X

Ebook should be there too, somewhere, I'd think.
    I'm talking iBook... as in Apple iBook... I looked for it but it was not there yet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking iBook... as in Apple iBook... I looked for it but it was not there yet...
    I know that we've got a format (epub) for the Apple iBook. I'll ask my publiser about it next time I talk to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that we've got a format (epub) for the Apple iBook. I'll ask my publiser about it next time I talk to them.
    No big deal... just curious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No big deal... just curious.
    No problem. Thanks for even considering it. But if you do want the epub format (pretty universal) you can get it directly from my publisher. Just change format from hardback to ebook.

http://www.knoxrobinsonpublishing.co...roducts_id=120

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No problem. Thanks for even considering it. But if you do want the epub format (pretty universal) you can get it directly from my publisher. Just change format from hardback to ebook.

http://www.knoxrobinsonpublishing.co...roducts_id=120
    Yeah, that would work. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats, hope for lots of success for you!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hi friends (Sorry for the double post, I just posted this in the Club forum, but LJ suggested I post in here as well since there is a strong political current to this book.)

As I am a fairly regular on Spur Talk, I thought that some of you might be interested to know that my debut novel, Lenin's Harem, has been published in North America. (The international edition comes out on May 8th). This has been an eight year project leaving my home in the States, and living in Latvia, Estonia and Russia to write the book. (Along with a year studying writing in Manchester, UK). The book is being released by Knox Robinson Publishing, a small traditional British publisher.

In simplest terms, the novel is about a young aristocrat swept up in the turmoil of World War I who finds himself a member of the elite Latvian Red Riflemen of the Russian Revolution (a group nicknamed "Lenin's Harem", nothing to do with a real harem by the way.) The aristocrat tries to survives the wars and class genocides of the times, adapting despite himself, and finally finding friendship with his fellow soldiers, love with a communist girl, only to face Stalin's purges in the 1930's. It is also, in many ways, the tragedy of the birth and death of the first Latvian State.

The novel has received very good reviews and endorsements from several well-known authors, historians, and the former dean of the CIA's Intelligence School called it "Enthralling" (as you can see on the cover.) I have a very good review coming out soon in the Providence Journal. I will be reading from the book at the Latvian Embassy to the United States in Washington D.C. on January, 23rd.

So, for those of you who might want to read a gripping story in the vein of Dr. Zhivago or All Quiet on the Western Front (about the land of Dāvis Bertāns, no less) I'd love to hear your opinions.

The books is available in hardback on Amazon

And Amazon Kindle.

And for an epub file (fairly universal ebook) just order directly from my publisher. Change the format from hardback to ebook.

For more information check out my Author Facebook Page

Many thanks (and I apologize for the slightly sales-ish nature of this post!)

Best, Bill
    I don't care how many times you advertise I'm not buying that dawg... I'll wait till it's on a pirated site...and then "perhaps" download...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats, hope for lots of success for you!
    Thanks Scott!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck man. Sounds interesting, I like period pieces surrounding historical events.. I will put it on my list (I have about 15 books in front of it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck man. Sounds interesting, I like period pieces surrounding historical events.. I will put it on my list (I have about 15 books in front of it).
    Thanks man. Cheers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll throw it on my list as well. Love historical fiction. Good luck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    William graduated from Brown University with degrees in Ancient Studies and Computer Science and earned an MA in Novel Writing from the University of Manchester. He has won awards in the production of computer games and educational software, co-owned a company to reduce junk e-mail, and worked as an executive recruiter in the Washington D.C. area. He also studied at Lomonosov Moscow State University.
    you've been busy....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who's writing the screenplay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll throw it on my list as well. Love historical fiction. Good luck
    Thanks! Let me know what you think.

you've been busy....
    A little. But I'm kind of lazy too, I admit it.

who's writing the screenplay?
    Long way to go before we get there. Let's hope.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Pretty interesting preface for a novel. I'll be dropping this to Kindle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty interesting preface for a novel. I'll be dropping this to Kindle.
    Many thanks. Please let me know what you think good or bad.

Thread Information