Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd give up Bonner, Neal and two protected picks for him without thinking twice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But here's a link to Diaw's stats if you're curious: http://www.82games.com/1213/12SAS12.HTM

He was pretty bad at the three. Worse that Green: http://www.82games.com/1213/12SAS8.HTM

He did do well as a center, though. In general, it helps your stats to play small as opposed to big. That's another reason why I'd want Williams to play the four.
    Not clear cut at all imo, I'm on my phone so I will go into details later but the strength of compe ion is not accounted. And Boris gets twice the number of blocks he usually gets at SF while he played two of the best in the league but he's too slow... Also at center it might look good for (meaningless) individual stats because it boosts his rebounding but it hurts the team if you look at the stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pek is injured now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pek is injured now
    Add Blair?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you go, Derrick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right quad contusion for Pek.

DW just threw down a nice alley oop.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play making, at it's core, means making plays. It's generally associated with making plays for others, but it doesn't have to be. It's like the word consistent. People generally attach a positive connotation to it, but you can just as easily be consistently bad as you can be consistently good. Take you, for example. You're as consistent a poster as there is . . . you're just consistently bad.

Neal makes plays, only they're mostly for himself. Therefore he's a play maker, just not in the same sense as Parker and Ginobili. The reason Neal is a horrible PG, is because that position requires being able to do both.

You lose.
    So making up your own definition makes you the winner? I can give you three different links to definitions that say seem to say you are full of . Would you like them or do you just want to stick with your defining things in whatever way you feel suits you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams playing at the three now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves can't catch a break....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves really could use Bonner, Blair, and Neal now. They (wolves) wouldn't have much trade leverage either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder whom they'd cut. The Spurs can only take back one additional player with Williams if they want to remain under the tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's weird when following a player you want Spurs to trade for, is that you don't really know what to wish for.
    Do you want him to play well to draw Spurs interest on him and to prove you're right that Spurs should trade for him?
    Do you want him to play bad to lower his trade value and to push his current team to trade him away?

Anyway, regarding Williams, I still think Spurs should trade for him. The most Spurs should offer would be Neal+Bonner+Blair+1st for Williams and Amundson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's weird when following a player you want Spurs to trade for, is that you don't really know what to wish for.
    Do you want him to play well to draw Spurs interest on him and to prove you're right that Spurs should trade for him?
    Do you want him to play bad to lower his trade value and to push his current team to trade him away?

Anyway, regarding Williams, I still think Spurs should trade for him. The most Spurs should offer would be Neal+Bonner+Blair+1st for Williams and Amundson.
    I could dig it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams is worth more than that. Green+Bonner could be fair but I don't think they will be receptive to offers with subpar bigs with their situation, and especially older ones since their season seems basically over.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best bet could be a 3 way trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best bet could be a 3 way trade.
    Well, tinker around in the trade machine. I'm interesting in seeing what you come up with.

(But please at least try to have some [ , I'll settle for one] that don't include Green. )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Definitely one of those scenarios where the player in question, you want them to perform well enough to hopefully be on the radar of the Spurs, but not well enough to where his trade value becomes too inflated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Williams and Rindour moved. Those are their two best movable assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timberwolves PR ‏@Twolves_PR NBA granted #Twolves injury exception b/c team has 4 players currently that will miss a minimum of 2 weeks. And additional players hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timberwolves PR ‏@Twolves_PR NBA granted #Twolves injury exception b/c team has 4 players currently that will miss a minimum of 2 weeks. And additional players hurt.
    Will those exceptions last the whole season? If so, I guess it's possible to trade them three-for-two or even three-for-one. I imagine they're looking at getting back multiple players for Williams, anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers have reportedly shown interest in Minnesota Timberwolves forward Dante Cunningham.
    According to Darren Wolfson of 1500ESPN.com, "Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak is said to have called the Wolves recently about forward Dante Cunningham."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...r&dlvrit=53297

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've liked what I've seen of Cunningham actually. He seems like the exact type of power-forward the Spurs need next to Tim. But I don't think they trade him.

Meanwhile, what do the Lakers even have to offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've liked what I've seen of Cunningham actually. He seems like the exact type of power-forward the Spurs need next to Tim. But I don't think they trade him.

Meanwhile, what do the Lakers even have to offer?
    knowing Lakers, probably get him for a 2nd rounder, lol

or he could be just part of the trade package

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cunningham could work next to Howard, actually. He has good range and plays scrappy defense. I can imagine the Lakers wanting him as part of a Gasol trade.

If the Spurs wanted to get in on such a trade, they'd probably have to give up Jack's contract. A possible deal could look like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8xm9bm

I wouldn't want to trade Jack to the Lakers under any cir stances. I'd rather move Bonner, but that just doesn't work financially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/T..._big_man011813

Until recently, Minnesota Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn was busy taking trade calls from rival executives, not making them.

But a team source said that has changed in the last week. In fact, Kahn was aggressively working the phone Wednesday and Thursday way more than normal for mid-January and is making some progress on a trade. The source said it's for more of a big guy, not a wing.

The most likely player to be sent elsewhere is forward Derrick Williams. Multiple team and league sources say he's being shopped heavily.

The Wolves' target is unknown, but there are guys who can be ruled out. They don't have interest in Portland's J.J. Hickson, who in the final year of his deal is available. They also don't have interest in Atlanta's Josh Smith, who is being shopped.
    It quite rules out Spurs for a 2 teams trade but they could still be a part of a 3 way trade if the third team doesn't like Williams.

Thread Information