Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is clear to me is that Bonbon won't be paid 1M to go away, no way that happens, so really it's either they trade him now or we get one more year of Bonbon. I wouldn't put it passed the FO to also re-sign Blair........

Are you American? It's "put past". Okay yeah stipulated, but Bonner's become indispensable. We need a stretch four, and Diaw isn't a consistent shooter as of late. Maybe get a small forward? Like Tobias Harris or Chris Singleton or Jeremy Evans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think this guy would flourish in our system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a reasonable target? What does Minnesota reportedly want in return?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a reasonable target? What does Minnesota reportedly want in return?
    We've been speculating Bonner and sweeteners. Neal and a 2013 first this season; 2013 and 2014 firsts during the draft. The longer the hold on to him, the lower his value will get, I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook I know you're a little bit obsessed with Williams, but why would the Wolves take such trash for him? An expiring Neal and a #30 for a sophmore #2 pick? If they want Neal, they could just sign him as a free agent, we likely won't be able to match any significant offer if we want to bring back Manu and Splitter.

A 2013 and 2014 pick? Again neither have much value at all as it's likely to be a #30 and a 2014 in the 25-30 range. They could get much better, someone would be able to give them a better player or a mid 1st for him. One #20 is worth a lot more than two #30s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our picks are trash. I have a hard time seeing anything we can offer being the best on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook I know you're a little bit obsessed with Williams, but why would the Wolves take such trash for him? An expiring Neal and a #30 for a sophmore #2 pick? If they want Neal, they could just sign him as a free agent, we likely won't be able to match any significant offer if we want to bring back Manu and Splitter.

A 2013 and 2014 pick? Again neither have much value at all as it's likely to be a #30 and a 2014 in the 25-30 range. They could get much better, someone would be able to give them a better player or a mid 1st for him. One #20 is worth a lot more than two #30s
    Here's the main question you have to answer: If the Wolves have hope for Williams, why would they want to trade him at all? You just don't do that why that type of talent. I don't think any team will give Minnesota a lot if they are seriously trying to move him, which is likely if they don't think he's worth the money he's getting next season.

Secondly, that was one of the lamest cheap shots I've ever seen. This is a thread about Derrick Williams. Why is posting in here a sign of obsession? If you think following a player who's not on your team is a bad thing, I don't know what you're doing in the Think Tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our picks are trash. I have a hard time seeing anything we can offer being the best on the table.
    It's pretty much an option if the Wolves want to salary dump him. He's supposed to make more than $5 Million next season, which is too much to pay if they give up on him. That's a pretty chuck of cap space, which the Wolves actually lack next off-season.

Remember, the Warriors paid $10 Million for the 29th pick last season. Some teams value picks more than you'd think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well GS paid $11 mil for our first round pick just a year ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few things

Neal + SA 1st round is not trash. SA got rid of 11m with a late 1st round pick. Neal is probably better than all the SGs that Minny has right now. Spurs fans tend to underrate our assets and overrate what's not here.

For the record, Minny gave Houston the 18th pick (Terrence Jones) in a good draft for Chase Budinger, a career backup SF that will be an UFA by the end of the season.

Neal is a RFA. Considering that Minny will have to spend a lot of money to re-sign Pekovic and Budinger, I don't think it's such a bad idea for them to have Neal.

Minny can wait obviously, but the last time they did it, it was too late. They traded Wes Johnson for nothing and he was a high lottery pick in 2010 (4th pick overall). That doesn't mean anything if the player doesn't produce.

Considering what Derrick Williams has showed so far, I don't think they will get a much better offer than that tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few things

Neal + SA 1st round is not trash. SA got rid of 11m with a late 1st round pick. Neal is probably better than all the SGs that Minny has right now. Spurs fans tend to underrate our assets and overrate what's not here.

For the record, Minny gave Houston the 18th pick (Terrence Jones) in a good draft for Chase Budinger, a career backup SF that will be an UFA by the end of the season.

Neal is a RFA. Considering that Minny will have to spend a lot of money to re-sign Pekovic and Budinger, I don't think it's such a bad idea for them to have Neal.

Minny can wait obviously, but the last time they did it, it was too late. They traded Wes Johnson for nothing and he was a high lottery pick in 2010 (4th pick overall). That doesn't mean anything if the player doesn't produce.

Considering what Derrick Williams has showed so far, I don't think they will get a much better offer than that tbh.
    This. Adelman hates his game, and when Love is healthy, he hardly plays at all. His problem is that he really isn't a 3 at all. His best position is stretch 4, and they have Love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^And Cunningham, whom Adelman loves.

I will say though that Shved is better than Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shved may have a higher ceiling, but RIGHT NOW he is not better than Neal.

The biggest problem with Shved is that he is a terrible fit paired with Rubio because he is not a good shooter. Shved is shooting @ 37%FG and 30% from 3p this season. Neal is a much better fit with Rubio, even if he is not the perfect starting material SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably a long shot,but do we still have a possibilty to trade for him?Minny seems desperate to trade him,and it seems he has no significant value.Possible low risk-high reward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably a long shot,but do we still have a possibilty to trade for him?Minny seems desperate to trade him,and it seems he has no significant value.Possible low risk-high reward.
    Not so low risk. The team that has Williams has a major decision to make by Oct 31, 2013. That's the deadline for a 6.3M team option for 2014-15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know that.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    He averaged 15-6 in 30 mpg as a starter in the final 32 games last year, on 45 FG/34 3FG.

Per 36 he's 18-7.

6.3 million for those stats plus restricted rights in two years is a steal, assuming you actually play him more than 15-20 minutes.

Not sure it's right for Spurs, but I'm shocked a team hasn't acquired him yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think williams would be a nice tag along in a sing and trade for ak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick Williams has been too good in the second half of the season to remain a realistic trade target. Time to move on...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well who knows,couple of draft picks could do the trick.Minnesota obviously has no future plans with him,and they weren't able to trade him on draft night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick Williams has been too good in the second half of the season to remain a realistic trade target. Time to move on...
    I agree, especially now that they already made use of their cap space. I think they could use Bonner in a trade, but that's not enough to get Williams unless the Spurs add a lot of picks.

We'll see how this season goes, though. The way Adelman has refused to play him, he might be out of there before they have to make a decision on his last option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would look for wat twolves do wit him afta TC... Would def trade for him if so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read on realgm that the Wolves have made Derrick Williams and Shved available in trade talks. The Wolves want a veteran back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass..guy is due 6+ mil next season as well. Way to expensive project and the spurs already have quite a bit in salary for next season. wait till FA on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the way Diaw is playing, there's not much point in Williams. But if the Shots can get him for scraps, he could get some of Belinelli's, Ayres'and Splitter's minutes.

Thread Information