Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mbah A Moute for a player drafted with the second pick? That's an as low a return you could get.

I really like Mbah A Moute as a player but he is seriously offensively challenged. For Kings, it's a good value return but they still have a lot of bigmen and if they intend of playing Williams at SF, it will fail again. He is a PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D-Williams is a confused tweener, who was bad as both PF and SF and only "potential" going in for him. Prince A Moute is putrid at offense, but a terrific defender. Prince would be a placeholder until I think Budinger is back from injury and a situational player after that. While D-Williams will continue to suck, this time for the yucky Queens.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings have too many confused forwards in Landry, Patterson, and Williams. Three-deep at various positions too (Thornton, McLemore, Salmons at SG, Thomas, Fredetre, and Vazquez at PG). Hoping they clean up and get a reputable young star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will see who will emerge among the glut of forwards Kings have which could led to some players being available around the trade deadline. A trade like Paterson for De Colo and Baynes might be a good opportunity for Spurs in a couple of months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a good game against the Clippers. He's playing the three right now. With Dudley as his guard, I wouldn't read too much into Williams' ability to play there full time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12/6/4 started off great, piddled out in OT. Still would have traded Bonner and two firsts for him. His game is more complete than it looked like in Minnesota.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12/6/4 started off great, piddled out in OT. Still would have traded Bonner and two firsts for him. His game is more complete than it looked like in Minnesota.
    2 firsts, damn ...Twolves would have taken that and ran in a second. D will will be an average 3/4 type player with a bloated contract for the next 2 seasons and you wanna give up 2 1sts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 firsts, damn ...Twolves would have taken that and ran in a second. D will will be an average 3/4 type player with a bloated contract for the next 2 seasons and you wanna give up 2 1sts.
    That was my suggestion during the draft. Then, it would have just been LJC and whomever the team selects this year. It's obviously isn't as attractive now with his option picked up and him not having the summer to learn the system.

Still, I think he's an elilte talent. The Spurs are nearing the phase In which they need that over a couple of role-players. Also, the team has plenty if late-first-caliber prospects in Europe. They don't desperately need more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was my suggestion during the draft. Then, it would have just been LJC and whomever the team selects this year. It's obviously isn't as attractive now with his option picked up and him not having the summer to learn the system.

Still, I think he's an elilte talent. The Spurs are nearing the phase In which they need that over a couple of role-players. Also, the team has plenty if late-first-caliber prospects in Europe. They don't desperately need more.
    Dont get me wrong, I would love to have DW on the spurs but at this point his ship is out to sea until he reaches the age of 28-30 cause teams will keep overpaying for this "elite talent".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have been hilarious if the Nyets traded AK47 back to Minny and he had to play there for 3M after opting out of 10M.
    gold

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont get me wrong, I would love to have DW on the spurs but at this point his ship is out to sea until he reaches the age of 28-30 cause teams will keep overpaying for this "elite talent".
    I have to agree. Some team is going Tyrke Evans his ass after this current deal.
    Last edited by CGD; 12-01-2013 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Typo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to agree. Some team is going Tyrke Evans his ass after this current deal.
    Has DW ever gone for 20/5/5 for a season? Tyreke did it as a rook. DW can't even sniff his jock. No team is going to pay him Tyreke money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this seems right

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has DW ever gone for 20/5/5 for a season? Tyreke did it as a rook. DW can't even sniff his jock. No team is going to pay him Tyreke money.
    I'm not saying they're giving him 44M/4yr. I am saying some team that is going to overpay him. The Pelican's overpaid for Evan, a player who's production has dropped every single year since his rookie season (on a team btw, where he was getting all the touches). Like Evans, Williams is exactly the type of player who will garner interest because of his "potential/elite talent."

Thread Information