Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More data to confirm that Gary Neal is a worthless hump of dog manure. No surprise.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green needs more green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good work.

Took long enough for Pop and everyone else to finally recognize that playing Splitter with Duncan is a no-brainer. I still remember vividly the whole, "You can't play Duncan with Splitter! Look at the 5 minutes they played together after Splitter spent 2 weeks getting DNPs! The numbers don't workz!" Wasting two full years of Duncan and Manu's final years is not forgivable.

It's enough to make heads explode like Scanners.

The numbers don't surprise me at all because Green is a horribly overrated defender. I have to shake my head at all the posters who continually defend him because he's a '3 and D' player while not recognizing that his D is not good enough. He is carried by the stars on this team and has snookered everyone. If Hairston was given the chances Green has and had more time to work on his three point shot with Chip, Spurs would be better off.

Green is only a useful defender in isos against smaller players like points. He is bad off the ball, always losing his man. He is not good in the pick and roll. He will lose the Spurs a playoff game with his defense.
    Wtf? Can you read my mind? Agree with everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how blowouts affect these numbers. With the Spurs involved in numerous blowouts, the first players pulled are probably, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker & Splitter, then maybe Leonard and then Green...that leaves Neal, Jackson, Diaw, and maybe even Leonard and Green to close out games in some combination with Mills, Bonner, De Colo, Blair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So to absolutely no one's surprise, the Spurs are making their Twin Towers work when everyone crows about Miami's "positionless" basketball.
    Green is often on the court when wings light him up. I think he's on everyone's scouting report by now.
    Manu's still great but he isn't as masterful controlling the offense as he was last season.
    Tony is having a mind-blowing season of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love these, so interesting, Ive been at work an hour and I'm tipping my whole day is going to be shot now looking at these numbers! cheers timvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, benfti, you didn't know this, but I am your boss. You're fired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LJ, I know the numbers look fluky, but do you think Ginobili in particular has taken Pop's defensive preaching to heart on an individual basis? I know it hasn't always seemed like it for the eye test, but remember, these past few years Ginobili has been gung-ho about emphasizing Pop's bullet point messages to the team for the first 1/3 or 1/2 of the season coming out of training camp.

Like three years ago, it was to play faster, at a faster tempo and it was very noticeable how both he and Parker would just get the ball and go up the court on makes or misses.

Two years ago, Manu spearheaded the early charge toward a #1 seed because he didn't want the team to be in a situation where they'd simply have to fight for a playoff spot at the end of the year, so he was their best player for like the first half of the season.

Pop has made it clear defense matters this year, so why wouldn't Ginobili have a great defensive number, in particular after his rating in that regard was so poor last season? Manu studies the numbers. He knows what's up and I bet he made a priority for himself to improve there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anny Green, no D.

timvp, what's your thoughts on Baynes. Do you think he's gonna get any burn this year, or perhaps a sign that the spurs plan on moving Blair pretty soon? I was thinking, if Pop actually played Baynes with Diaw, you could keep Duncan and Splitter on the court for most of the first quarter. Looking at the stats when those two play together, that'd be a very good thing me thinks.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to realize Manu's is close to being done now. Yes he can still be good from time to time but not so much as he has been. I feel like we still rely on him too much to come off the bench and to carry the bench which. We're going to need someone else to step up and do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Multimoderator or Bruno or admin could get a "Slurping Pop" icon for you PollyAnna Poppers?
    Nah, because at that point he'd have to create a, "I know more about coaching than anyone in the NBA" icon and I doubt it would fit under your avatar.

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green has been disappointing lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Manu and Neal play like together while, contrary to popular belief, Manu plays better paired with NANDO. Why the do we trot out that scrub to play PG again? Let NANDO handle PG duties, please, Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, because at that point he'd have to create a, "I know more about coaching than anyone in the NBA" icon and I doubt it would fit under your avatar.
    I don't know that i can agree with your ascertion that "i know more about coaching than anyone in the NBA."
    Pat Riley and i have many times agreed on the same thing.
    Phil J, altho i would never stoop to his level of phoniness, does know how to play with a stacked/rigged roster and rigged refs.
    I think the late Red A. and i would have beers over his Celts run and the run i would have put on with the Spurs.

Blair and Splitter combo only allowing 83.3 points per?
    Course they also have the suckiest scoring per.
    Last edited by Fabbs; 01-28-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: because punctuation counts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a nuts , Gino is a beast, per par... I like it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that the back up point should be between cojo and decolo. Cojo has proven himself in the d-league (for what its worth) to be an effective decision maker, defender, and scorer, De Colo on the other hand needs to work on his turnovers, they basically negate the amazing assists he makes with the behind the back etc. Cojo being the better defender IMHO I'd be willing to see how he does. We've proven that we can handle playing without duncan, without pop, without leonard, without manu.... But what would happen if we were without TP... scary thought isn't it, you wanna see Neal be the primary ball handler for five or six games in a row if Parker twists an ankle, scary thought isn't it. I'd say if Parker went down we'd have to put Ginobili in at PG and move Neal to back up green, IMHO. Ginobili has amazing BBIQ and is a great passer and a hard worker on both ends of the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Green's numbers are as such because he has been believing all the love he receives from the ST heads? Pop can screw him up a little more and try him out at the point? Seems like only a half dozen wanna be PGs on the roster. Can never have too many. I read somewhere someone was asking for a player to be defined as "white collar". Danny is a spot up shooter that hasn't the ability to penetrate and create. His D is ok, but on offense he is "white collar".

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really amazing work. Thanks for taking the time.

Wondering if the "enough minutes together" threshold should be raised to remove garbage time. A scrub who gets time with the starters gets a boost, and a starter who plays with the scrubs gets penalized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great read.

Duncan-Splitter twin tower! LMAO POP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we got a preview of the playoff guard rotation in the second half of the Phoenix game, then these new numbers support using Mills as the guard best suited to play next to Manu while Tony gets his 5-6 minutes of rest each half.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very concerned about Danny. I always shrug off his cold streaks because i assume he's defending well. Maybe this gives us a explanation for why coach Bud doesn't play Danny many late minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, scrub green, so many negatives, cant be compared to other starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have always said that the Spurs should have hired Carlos Delfino, I always thought he would be a great fit for this team. He would be among the top three point shooters in the league with the Spurs, good pick and roll player, very good rebounder for a wing and his defense is an underrated part of his game, imho > than Greens for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GARY NEAL IS PATHETIC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Manu and Neal play like together while, contrary to popular belief, Manu plays better paired with NANDO. Why the do we trot out that scrub to play PG again? Let NANDO handle PG duties, please, Pop.
    Unfortunately, a De Colo-Manu pairing simply doesn't work as well as a Manu-Patty pairing. We all know that Manu's always going to be the "ball-handler" and play maker when he's on the floor, which therefore forces De Colo to be a spot up shooter, a role that De Colo isn't confident with.

Thread Information