Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Pacers are a balanced team. They own the league's best defensive field goal pct (.419). They have big men who hustles and can score in and out. Paul George is playing like an All Star. So there's some consistency in terms of a starting lineup. When Granger comes back, they could be more of a threat. Miami already dropped 2 games against Indiana this season with an average of 11.5 points.

Indiana has improved so much with their match up against Miami. Fyi, Indiana took the champs to a 6 game series which was tied at 2-2 when Granger injured his ankle in the 1st half of Game 5 and Miami took advantage of this loss and closed the series 2 games after.

I really think Indiana is the darkest horse in the East. They are capable of slowing Miami's pace and though they're not as lethal offensively, I think with the emergence of George Paul, George Hill and the return of Granger, Indiana will have a lot more breathing room on offense. Hibbert has been a disappointment this season though but I expect him to turn things up in the second half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they have the advantage down low, its up to the perimeter and wing players to dump it down low or chuck up shots for personal glory....

ghill33 will have to play out of his mind though, and i can see it happening...

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I honestly think they can beat Miami. Indiana's biggest obstacles is officiating. In a 7 game series, Superstars will get Superstar calls.

I find this quote very convincing. It was after last night's win.

“I was joking out there with those guys, LeBron and Dwayne Wade,” George said after Indiana’s 102-89 victory at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. “I asked ‘em, ‘When is it my time to get some of these calls?’ They joked back and said, ‘We don’t get those.’ I told Wade, ‘the whole first half was for you.’ “

By halftime, George already was lugging three personal fouls. James and Wade had played no-touch defense, nary a foul between them.

“If it happens, it happens,” George, a newly minted 2013 All-Star, said of the league’s alleged superstar treatment. “But I don’t look to get any calls.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, they can

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because LeBron has a whole different gear that he didn't even shift into last night.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, they can't and they won't.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No, because LeBron has a whole different gear that he didn't even shift into last night.
    I never doubted LeBron. But will his teammates have another gear in the playoffs?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, they can't and they won't.
    how bout them lakers venti

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I never doubted LeBron. But will his teammates have another gear in the playoffs?
    What a ing re ed thread

Hey dumbass, did you miss all of last years playoffs? Miami has underperformed against the Bulls, Celtics and Pacers during the regular season in the past and yet none of that meant anything come playoffs. These same Pacers couldn't beat Miami without Bosh.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This isn't 2004 anymore, you don't win without at least 1 superstar-- the Pacers have none. The top contender to beat the Heat is still the Chicago Bulls with a healthy Rose.
    Last edited by irishock; 02-02-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Miami is coasting which results in giving fans false hope. Indiana has no chance in of taking out Miami. Miami is going through the motions. In a playoff series, the Pacers would be lucky to push it to 6 games. Last years series should have only been 5 if it wasn't for Bosh getting hurt and/or all the miss free throws in game 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP mentions Danny Granger's minor injury, but neglects to mention that Bosh missed the majority of the series..

NBA fans put way too much stock in the regular season..these same fans picked Miami to lose to Chicago and Boston, based on their regular season coasting.. King James, Wade, Bosh trolling delusional fans that over analyze games, tbh..

The Pacers are a cute story, but they aren't winning .. the Pacers also get an abundance of biased calls, particularly on defense, Miami doesn't get anymore, tbh..

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    OP mentions Danny Granger's minor injury, but neglects to mention that Bosh missed the majority of the series..

NBA fans put way too much stock in the regular season..these same fans picked Miami to lose to Chicago and Boston, based on their regular season coasting.. King James, Wade, Bosh trolling delusional fans that over analyze games, tbh..

The Pacers are a cute story, but they aren't winning .. the Pacers also get an abundance of biased calls, particularly on defense, Miami doesn't get anymore, tbh..
    Bosh is honestly net negative at this point against Indianas front court. He grabbed 2 rebounds in 33 minutes of play last night.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This isn't 2004 anymore, you don't win without at least 1 superstar-- the Pacers have none. The top contender to beat the Heat is still the Chicago Bulls with a healthy Rose.
    Not this year. Perhaps next season.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No superstar = no chance, tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They cant. LeBron must be in Finals so league`s sake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can they? Yes. Will they? Probably not.

Granted the Heat were without Chris Bosh last year, but they needed double digit rebounding games from Chalmers (11, Game 5) and Wade (9 and 10, Game 4 and 6) to close out the pacers last time. That's especially impressive from Wade considering he had a 6'8" guy on him in either George or Granger the whole series.

Over the first 5 games, the team that won the rebounding won the game. The only hope Indiana has is to win the boards. If they do that in 5 or more games, they can win the series.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Btw Miami played the 76ERS not the Bulls :last year.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Miami is coasting and Lebron is gonna go ballistic in the playoffs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pacers like the Clips are great stories and I like both teams.

But neither could beat King James in a 7 game series. Wade even a slight down year ...is better than any player on either team except maybe a healthy Cliff Paul. if wade is better than your star you have no shot at beating Miami because James is far superior to Wade.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I don't like that way of thinking though. If Shaq is better than your star player then you have no shot at beating the Lakers. Wait, Pistons actually did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yes, its possible, depends on which lebron shows up lebeast or lechoke, but some good veterans on that team.. dont count the pacers out though, i see them doing somem damage this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. the man who will conquer the dark lord has not yet played. but the Easts humble savior shall return soon.

Thread Information