Current Team: FC Barcelona
    Nationality: Australian
    Height 6'8 (204cms)
    Weight 216lbs (98kgs)
    College: Australian Ins ute of Sport

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is definitely someone I hope the Spurs have on their radar for the future. He has range out to 3 point line, good handles for a SF, correct me if I'm wrong but he runs some point forward for Aussie NT and for Barcelona.

I always compare his game to Toni Kukoc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next Baynes! If he does end up with the spurs somehow then we'll know for sure that RC checks the think tank regularly Nice size btw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is definitely someone I hope the Spurs have on their radar for the future. He has range out to 3 point line, good handles for a SF, correct me if I'm wrong but he runs some point forward for Aussie NT and for Barcelona.

I always compare his game to Toni Kukoc.
    yeah, he does play a lot of point forward, the other thing he has going for him is he is a good defender, he has like a 7' wingspan, so it effectivly makes him about a 6'10 presence on court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ex Spur Shane Heal had this to say about him.

If we are to single out one Aussie capable of making the jump to the NBA, Joe Ingles should be it. He’s an NBA player.
    His talent and potential were always evident during his time in the NBL, but moving to Europe has seen him mature and set the tone for a transition to the best league in the world.
    Watching our Olympic team in London this year, I thought Ingles was our best player. He played great defence, he rebounded, he passed the ball well. He showed a whole lot more poise and maturity in his game.
    The experience of playing at such a major event and at the highest level in Europe for Barcelona means his game is at the perfect stage for an NBA move next season.
    He wouldn’t just be making up the numbers, either.
    I think when he gets to the NBA, people are going to be very surprised to see he can actually contribute at that level. He’s a very good defender and can be an amazing NBA player defensively.
    For his size and his length, he also handles the ball well. People forget that Joe is 6’8″. With his wingspan, he’s probably like a 6’10″.
    The player his size reminds me of is Toni Kukoc. If he can pick up the Kukoc jump shot – he’s not far off and he’s got the ability to do it – then he can really make it in the NBA.
    But for now, he’s already an NBA level defender and a great passer, which will help him go to the next level.
    While Ingles is ready to go, there are a few Australian players overseas right now who might not be too far behind him.
    I can confirm we are looking at him, but so are a number of other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some highlights from a Euroleague game the other day

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have no problems letting Blair go and signing this kid he has size, can play defense and be able to contribute right away for us. Add to the fact that this is SJ last year with the Spurs would rather pick a player like this and one less position we have to worry about on draft night.

I remember looking at this kid earlier I can't remember what the knock on him was but he must have figured it out and gotten better.

Question can we sign him like Baynes and what is his contract situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA a legit option for Aussie forward Joe Ingles

FC Barcelona swingman Joe Ingles is averaging 6.2 ppg and 1.4 apg this season in the Spanish League, a far cry from his big stats with the Australian National during the Olympics, which was a coming out party for Ingles on the big stage and put him on the NBA radar for good.

While the minutes have been limited for him playing behind Euro basketball maintays like Juan Carlos Navarro and Pete Mickeal, Ingles says he's relished his experience with Barça. The NBA, a lifelong dream for him, could very well come next.

"My dream (growing up) was playing in the NBA," Ingles said during the Spanish Cup that takes place this week in Vitoria. "Also playing in the Olympics with Australia. That's huge for us. But obviously everybody that plays basketball wants to play in the NBA one day."

Ingles was reportedly a target for the Memphis Grizzlies in the wake of the Rudy Gay trade to bolster the team's depth. Nothing happened on that front, but that could change at the end of the season, when Ingles becomes a free agent.

"I've enjoyed my three years with Barcelona, it's a great team to play for," Ingles said. "It's the last year of my contract, I want to finish out strong with a couple of les and see what happens next. I'll let my agent figure it out."

http://hoopshype.com/articles/sierra...ard-joe-ingles

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll sign with the Spurs this summer on a non-guaranteed deal. Makes too much sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First it was Argentina. Then it was France. Now it's Australia. What's next, Eritrea?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll sign with the Spurs this summer on a non-guaranteed deal. Makes too much sense.
    I think thats exactly how it will go down, he wants to play with Stacks and Bangers, make no mistake

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First it was Argentina. Then it was France. Now it's Australia. What's next, Eritrea?
    Nah, probably Hungary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man Adam Hanga...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge fan of the way he played at the London Olympics. I hope Ingles makes it to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on how Jax looks in the playoff, Joe Ingles is indeed very intriguing. If Jax has nothing in the tank or asking too much as a FA, might as well move swiftly to get Ingles using the Aussie connection channel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jax is moved at the deadline, we'll need help at the SF position. Would be interesting if Ingles could be bought out and come ala Baynes, but other targets should be explored at the position regardless, e.g., Ormi Casspi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never been impressed by Ingles. A fine player but not NBA material.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. What do you think of Marcelinho Huertas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. What do you think of Marcelinho Huertas?
    Very good offensively especially playing pick and roll but his defense is quite horrible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very good offensively especially playing pick and roll but his defense is quite horrible.
    If De Colo isn't able to get the backup PG spot, I'd give him a chance. TP with Marcelinho-CoJo... It might work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lost me after "defense is horrible"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what gave you that impression out of interest? a messure of NBA effectiveness would be how he has gone against team USA in ineternational play, in the game that Australia got knocked out of the Olympics he scored 19 points 8 boards and 6 Assists on 6-8 shooting. Thats reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what gave you that impression out of interest? a messure of NBA effectiveness would be how he has gone against team USA in ineternational play, in the game that Australia got knocked out of the Olympics he scored 19 points 8 boards and 6 Assists on 6-8 shooting. Thats reasonable.
    I guess we aren't judging him on the same games sample. The majority of the time I've seen Ingles play wasn't with Australia NT but was with Barcelona.
    Ingles is an end of the bench player with Barcelona who doesn't especially shine or show some special upside. He has had a good rookie season in Europe that led him to sign with a big team but, after that, he has been a disappointment. It isn't an encouraging sign for a potential success at the higher level that is the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up with Joe's stats today. Euro league web box scores?
    Zoran Planinic continues to play well for Khimki Moscow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll be in the market for a backup SF this offseason. Looking at a guy like Ingles just makes so much sense. It's such a Spurs-type move, and I'm a fan.

Thread Information