Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You know exactly what I meant. It's funny you are such a stoner that you are okay with gun theft getting a slap on the wrist instead of a felony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know exactly what I meant. It's funny you are such a stoner that you are okay with gun theft getting a slap on the wrist instead of a felony.
    I'll take stoned over being barely literate such as yourself.

Of course I knew what you meant, dip . It's not like you are difficult to follow. You are quite simpleminded frankly.

As it stands now, if you steal a $500 TV you get a 'slap on the wrist' and if you steal a $500 firearm, it is a felony. The change simply makes the punishments the same.

Don't worry, dip , if someone steals your gun collection it will still be a felony. Unless you have a bunch of trash of course.

I get that you think that you should get special privilege because you are a gun enthusiast but frankly I think such disproportionate punishments are unfair and as such has no place in legal statute. I would support the change even without the marijuana provision.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'll take stoned over being barely literate such as yourself.

Of course I knew what you meant, dip . It's not like you are difficult to follow. You are quite simpleminded frankly.

As it stands now, if you steal a $500 TV you get a 'slap on the wrist' and if you steal a $500 firearm, it is a felony. The change simply makes the punishments the same.

Don't worry, dip , if someone steals your gun collection it will still be a felony. Unless you have a bunch of trash of course.

I get that you think that you should get special privilege because you are a gun enthusiast but frankly I think such disproportionate punishments are unfair and as such has no place in legal statute. I would support the change even without the marijuana provision.
    Wait a sec....you think this about my guns? unreal.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with me being a gun enthusiast, nor anything to do with my guns.

I am all for having their drug charges dropped from felony to misdemeanor. I am not for having their gun theft charges dropped from felony to misdemeanor.

Your stupidity shined with the TV/firearm comparison, makes perfect sense to punish them equally, stolen guns aren't used in much crime.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to get the House scrotum suckers to impeach Obama if/when he rescheduled mj from I to V.

Pure Kafka-esque insanity:

Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Schedule II

Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, less abuse potential than Schedule I drugs, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:

cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin

Schedule III

Schedule III drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a moderate to low potential for physical and psychological dependence. Schedule III drugs abuse potential is less than Schedule I and Schedule II drugs but more than Schedule IV. Some examples of Schedule III drugs are:

Combination products with less than 15 milligrams of hydrocodone per dosage unit (Vicodin), Products containing less than 90 milligrams of codeine per dosage unit (Tylenol with codeine), ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone

Schedule IV

Schedule IV drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a low potential for abuse and low risk of dependence. Some examples of Schedule IV drugs are:

Xanax, Soma, Darvon, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan, Talwin, Ambien

Schedule V

Schedule V drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with lower potential for abuse than Schedule IV and consist of preparations containing limited quan ies of certain narcotics. Schedule V drugs are generally used for antidiarrheal, an ussive, and analgesic purposes. Some examples of Schedule V drugs are:

cough preparations with less than 200 milligrams of codeine or per 100 milliliters

http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml

BigAlcohol and BigTobacco own enough politicians to keep alcohol and nicotine, both addictive and responsible for 100Ks deaths/year, from DEA scheduling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait a sec....you think this about my guns? unreal.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with me being a gun enthusiast, nor anything to do with my guns.

I am all for having their drug charges dropped from felony to misdemeanor. I am not for having their gun theft charges dropped from felony to misdemeanor.

Your stupidity shined with the TV/firearm comparison, makes perfect sense to punish them equally, stolen guns aren't used in much crime.
    you still don't understand what I am getting at regarding price thresholds and thus me naming a random good without special protections.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    you still don't understand what I am getting at regarding price thresholds and thus me naming a random good without special protections.
    Please explain how you think stealing a firearm valued under $950 should be punished the same as _________ under $950.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boo apparently hasn't realized that the Republican party has already started addressing the extremist T party fringe problem by focusing on pruning them out during the primaries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boo apparently hasn't realized that the Republican party has already started addressing the extremist T party fringe problem by focusing on pruning them out during the primaries.
    There are still 30+ tea baggers in the House, so Boner's 250 might be enough to get 218 without the tea baggers.

Several extremsist nutty Repugs were elected to House and Senate, so where do you see the tea baggers/nutters decreasing in number?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please explain how you think stealing a firearm valued under $950 should be punished the same as _________ under $950.
    Because they are properties valued the same.

You want special protections. Typical self serving nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bet Fuzzball loves the Hate Crime laws though.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Except for the fact that stolen guns will most likely be used to commit more crimes. It's strange hearing your line of reasoning considering how anti-gun you are.

Has nothing to do with me or my guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except for the fact that stolen guns will most likely be used to commit more crimes. It's strange hearing your line of reasoning considering how anti-gun you are.

Has nothing to do with me or my guns.
    Most likely? What quality database do you base this assertion off? Something that doesn't come from a subjective blog. Like a report from the ATF or similar law enforcement body.

And moreso you are punishing someone more because they could commit another crime? That is asinine reasoning. Innocent until proven guilty is a fundamental value.

Fact is that it is not inherent that a stolen gun will be used in further crime and most guns used in crime come from proxy purchases, gun shows, and the like. Stolen guns are way down the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    waiting as he googles furiously.

Guilt by association is wrong.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Most likely? What quality database do you base this assertion off? Something that doesn't come from a subjective blog. Like a report from the ATF or similar law enforcement body.

And moreso you are punishing someone more because they could commit another crime? That is asinine reasoning. Innocent until proven guilty is a fundamental value.

Fact is that it is not inherent that a stolen gun will be used in further crime and most guns used in crime come from proxy purchases, gun shows, and the like. Stolen guns are way down the list.
    Gun shows It's somewhere under 1% of criminals obtaining guns from shows.

Obama thought is was an important enough issue.

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fil...and-stolen.pdf

On January 16, 2013, President Obama announced a plan to reduce gun violence in the United States. This plan included 23 executive actions, one of which called on the Department of Justice to prepare a report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and to make that report widely available to law enforcement. The following report was generated by ATF in response to the President’s directive. The report gives an overview, for calendar year 2012, of the lost and stolen gun file entries in the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), and of the lost and stolen firearm reports submitted by Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) to ATF. This report will be updated and published annually.
    Lost and stolen firearms pose a substantial threat to public safety and to law enforcement. Those that steal firearms commit violent crimes with stolen guns, transfer stolen firearms to others who commit crimes, and create an unregulated secondary market for firearms, including a market for those who are prohibited by law from possessing a gun. Moreover, thieves and illicit traffickers often obliterate the serial numbers of stolen firearms so that if a stolen firearm is later recovered by law enforcement, it cannot identified as stolen or traced to the original purchaser.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    183,660 guns reported stolen in 2012. Slap them on the wrist Fuzzy says.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Feels good to take a nice big on you to start the weekend off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gun shows It's somewhere under 1% of criminals obtaining guns from shows.

Obama thought is was an important enough issue.

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fil...and-stolen.pdf

On January 16, 2013, President Obama announced a plan to reduce gun violence in the United States. This plan included 23 executive actions, one of which called on the Department of Justice to prepare a report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and to make that report widely available to law enforcement. The following report was generated by ATF in response to the President’s directive. The report gives an overview, for calendar year 2012, of the lost and stolen gun file entries in the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), and of the lost and stolen firearm reports submitted by Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) to ATF. This report will be updated and published annually.
    Lost and stolen firearms pose a substantial threat to public safety and to law enforcement. Those that steal firearms commit violent crimes with stolen guns, transfer stolen firearms to others who commit crimes, and create an unregulated secondary market for firearms, including a market for those who are prohibited by law from possessing a gun. Moreover, thieves and illicit traffickers often obliterate the serial numbers of stolen firearms so that if a stolen firearm is later recovered by law enforcement, it cannot identified as stolen or traced to the original purchaser.
    Twenty minutes and you could not even quantify anything but guns reported stolen. That is pretty sad. The above is little more than fearmongering.

You ignore the guilt by association and presumption argument completely despite it subsuming your google search. I find it likely you are too stupid to even begin arguing the point.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Twenty minutes and you could not even quantify anything but guns reported stolen. That is pretty sad. The above is little more than fearmongering.

You ignore the guilt by association and presumption argument completely despite it subsuming your google search. I find it likely you are too stupid to even begin arguing the point.
    You asked for ATF were given it and now the Obama and the ATF are just fearmongering? Do you think the criminals who stole the guns go deer hunting the following weekend?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You asked for ATF were given it and now the Obama and the ATF are just fearmongering? Do you think the criminals who stole the guns go deer hunting the following weekend?
    I asked for data from the ATF or similar body. Perhaps that is confusing but I was speaking to quan ies not emotional generalizations.

So now you are appealing to Obama's authority on the matter?

Barking up the wrong tree.

Not all people that steal guns are intending on using it for a crime. It is straight up guilt by association in anticipation of crimes that have not been committed. Love how you pick and choose the association. There is a common denominator in all gun crimes.

You once again do not even acknowledge this, likely because you -like the quan y versus quality nuance from above- do not understand the concept.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I asked for data from the ATF or similar body. Perhaps that is confusing but I was speaking to quan ies not emotional generalizations.

So now you are appealing to Obama's authority on the matter?

Barking up the wrong tree.

Not all people that steal guns are intending on using it for a crime. It is straight up guilt by association in anticipation of crimes that have not been committed. Love how you pick and choose the association. There is a common denominator in all gun crimes.

You once again do not even acknowledge this, likely because you -like the quan y versus quality nuance from above- do not understand the concept.
    Please share what you think they intend on doing with the stolen guns other than committing crimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please share what you think they intend on doing with the stolen guns other than committing crimes.
    That is besides the point.

Fact is that some people don't. I know people that have stolen/bought stolen guns to go hunting and for personal protection. If you punish one man for a crime that he was not going to commit then you have done that man an injustice.

Notions of equal protection and fairness seem to elude your understanding. You have still yet to acknowledge the point.

You just abandoned the quantification.

Your limited capacity is boring again.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    That is besides the point.

Fact is that some people don't. I know people that have stolen/bought stolen guns to go hunting and for personal protection. If you punish one man for a crime that he was not going to commit then you have done that man an injustice.

Notions of equal protection and fairness seem to elude your understanding. You have still yet to acknowledge the point.

You just abandoned the quantification.

Your limited capacity is boring again.

You can't weasel out of this by saying that is besides the point. I'm really curious to see the mental gymnastics you'll go through to come up with what people can do with a stolen gun that is not committing a crime. Answer the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't weasel out of this by saying that is besides the point. I'm really curious to see the mental gymnastics you'll go through to come up with what people can do with a stolen gun that is not committing a crime. Answer the question.
    weasel out of it.

If it's besides the point then it is besides the point. I laid out my argument why which once again you don't even acknowledge. Crying about it and derisive characterizations are not enough to overcome that.

I made fun of chinook for not being able to think outside his box and with you we are dealing with a matchbox sized region of knowledge.

You not understanding does not make me wrong and your inability to so much as acknowledge the injustice of punishing even one innocent man says all that needs to be said. I even gave other lawful activities that people use guns they have stolen for. Your critical thinking ability remains god awful.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    weasel out of it.

If it's besides the point then it is besides the point. I laid out my argument why which once again you don't even acknowledge. Crying about it and derisive characterizations are not enough to overcome that.

I made fun of chinook for not being able to think outside his box and with you we are dealing with a matchbox sized region of knowledge.

You not understanding does not make me wrong and your inability to so much as acknowledge the injustice of punishing even one innocent man says all that needs to be said. I even gave other lawful activities that people use guns they have stolen for. Your critical thinking ability remains god awful.
    Your examples of lawful activities with stolen guns were not examples of lawful activities. Do you believe hunting with a stolen gun is lawful? How do you think your self defense claim will work out once the gun used comes up as stolen?

I have been trying to think of lawful activities one could do with a stolen gun and am drawing blanks, looks like you are as well.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Yes, FuzzyWeasel!

That's all you ever do with your deceptions is weasel out of things.

Thread Information