Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Those Benelli's are nice doe
    mmmhmmmm. Too nice to steal though, don't want to get popped for dat felony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I am supposed to read the link and address some argument therein?
    Um, ya.

This is what I get at about your inability to articulate arguments on your own, counselor crayola. I addressed what you wrote and seeing your recognition as to what it means to drop another's arguments that holds to my rebuttal.

There is no 'correct' way to write a law and if you think the correct way is to make it easier for prosecutors to pin felonies on citizens then we are just going to have to disagree. Personally I find ambiguities that you are deploring the removal of to be abominations.

How about you make your own arguments or at the very least quote someone else's rather than alluding to one because you don't have the ability to articulate. This is why I think you have to be a ty attorney.
    You're deflecting -- stay on topic. When you a) go to law school or b) become a legislative aid, then we'll talk about how laws are written.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You led yourself astray you stupid . I said from the get go stolen guns were previously an automatic felony, and are now simply seen as another stolen good resulting in a a misdemeanor.
    Nope guns worth less than $250 were not felony theft for the past 40 years. You suck at reading. Prop 47 changes the limit and there is no special gun provision in the theft statute.

Keep calling me stupid though it's amusing in light of your reading and critical thinking skills here on full display.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    And there you go again making it all about guns again.
    What the have we been discussing you stupid ?

I support bringing the theft limit into the new century
    That's wonderful, I support it as well. Guns should not have been included as they are not stolen by criminals and then taken apart and put away in storage.

You also don't have the foggiest about my position especially seeing how you dumbed it down as you have.
    You were pretty clear on your position, you want someone who steals a gun to be treated the same as someone who steals a skateboard.

I think such disproportionate punishments are unfair and as such has no place in legal statute. I would support the change even without the marijuana provision.
    Stupid .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, ya.

You're deflecting -- stay on topic. When you a) go to law school or b) become a legislative aid, then we'll talk about how laws are written.
    This is so adorable. You have now resorted to appealing to authority and ad hominem when you cannot even make your own arguments.

What I say is either right or wrong regardless of background. You notion of 'correctness' in regards to lawmaking is still naive.

It's not deflecting. I am responding to the arguments you have actually made. You cannot even respond on merit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have been discussing it because you are stupid and not very discerning. You don't even know what the measure entails and it was on the ballot in your own state.

More proof of a lack of reading and critical thinking skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ Fuzzy, we're blatantly wrong and you still didn't point it out.

I'll give you a hint: 487(d)(2)

It was the maid, in the study, with a tv

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's wonderful, I support it as well. Guns should not have been included as they are not stolen by criminals and then taken apart and put away in storage.

You were pretty clear on your position, you want someone who steals a gun to be treated the same as someone who steals a skateboard.

Stupid .
    and m-m-m-m-m-meltdown

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Nope guns worth less than $250 were not felony theft for the past 40 years. You suck at reading. Prop 47 changes the limit and there is no special gun provision in the theft statute.

Keep calling me stupid though it's amusing in light of your reading and critical thinking skills here on full display.
    You are stupid and know nothing of what you speak of.

The theft of any firearm is defined as a felony pursuant CA Penal Code 487 (d)(2) and 489.

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/487.html
    http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/489.html

You seriously have no ing clue what you are talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crofl you had the opportunity to make us look like giant idiots and you doubled down on tvs kill people. Crofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ Fuzzy, we're blatantly wrong and you still didn't point it out.

I'll give you a hint: 487(d)(2)

It was the maid, in the study, with a tv
    What I am coming to realize is that there are a lot of conflicting reports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please pass this info along to your buds in Modesto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are stupid and know nothing of what you speak of.

The theft of any firearm is defined as a felony pursuant CA Penal Code 487 (d)(2) and 489.

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/487.html
    http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/489.html

You seriously have no ing clue what you are talking about.
    That doesn't say what you think it does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine show of critical thinking and reading comprehension ole boy

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    And now under prop 47

490.2 P.C. Grand theft of any kind (ie. purse snatching, GTA, theft of firearm), misdemeanor unless the value (which must be factually established at pleading) exceeds $950.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crofl you had the opportunity to make us look like giant idiots and you doubled down on tvs kill people. Crofl
    I respond to people being insecure about their intelligence because of me as I do but my overall intent is discovering the truth. If I am wrong then so be it as long as the correct answer is arrived at.

I actually appreciate the input.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn shouldn't second guess TSA

SEC. 8. Section 490.2 is added to the Penal Code, to read:
    490.2. (a) Notwithstanding Section 487 or any other provision of law defining grand theft, obtaining any property by theft where the value of the money, labor, real or personal property taken does not exceed nine hundred fifty dollars ($950) shall be considered petty theft and shall be punished as a misdemeanor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Critical Thinking!
    Reading Comprehension!
    Lackwit!

Crayla Cunselr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Friends in Mdest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn shouldn't second guess TSA

SEC. 8. Section 490.2 is added to the Penal Code, to read:
    490.2. (a) Notwithstanding Section 487 or any other provision of law defining grand theft, obtaining any property by theft where the value of the money, labor, real or personal property taken does not exceed nine hundred fifty dollars ($950) shall be considered petty theft and shall be punished as a misdemeanor
    Saw that too. I am reading through the actual text now.

There are still all kinds of felonies regarding illegal firearms for prosecutors to turn to when someone is caught with one. He keeps handwaving at the gun part but there were multiple exceptions. It seems clear to me from reading it that the idea behind the proposition was to simplify the theft statute and eliminate the wobblers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you saw the part that says your friends in Modesto are completely wrong? Cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Critical Thinking!
    Reading Comprehension!
    Lackwit!

Crayla Cunselr
    Friends in Mdest
    You should act more insecure. It really impacts me like you want when you do this. Really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it clearly impacted you enough to call your friends in Mdest

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Saw that too. I am reading through the actual text now.

There are still all kinds of felonies regarding illegal firearms for prosecutors to turn to when someone is caught with one. He keeps handwaving at the gun part but there were multiple exceptions. It seems clear to me from reading it that the idea behind the proposition was to simplify the theft statute and eliminate the wobblers.
    Oh so now you decide to actually read it, what a superb idea. None of the other exceptions have the potential to cause harm like a stolen handgun does, that is why I have no issue with them.

You've made a fool out of yourself here, you should have known as much when your semen shield was viewing the thread every day and failed to respond in your defense. I saw you Pusher.

I leave you with this, my newly acquired "not a felony if stolen" Sig P238.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it clearly impacted you enough to call your friends in Mdest
    Wrong assumption. Try again.

Thread Information