Page 102 of 238 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 5940
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    you do realize what a forum is, right got?
    fify

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm in minority of Texas fans - I don't think Ash is or will be more than an average D1 starter level, but I hope I'm proven wrong this season. Watching all the games last year teams always stack 8 against the run to force the throw and facing those fronts Ash has not been able to exploit that like an above average QB should. As a true freshman I understand the struggles, but I just didn't see the progress to prove otherwise last year (KU, TCU, OU). Until he can make teams pay for selling out to stopping the run I will not be convinced otherwise.
    I don't think you are.
    TCU was particularly awful as he was supposed to be ready by then.
    His #'s looked great in the NMSU game, but he made some awful decisions yet again.
    The Big 12 is open imo. Don't think Ash is gonna get us there.
    Hope I'm wrong.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I was not aware we only played 3 games last season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone that doesn't see his progress is either too gun shy from the last two years or they don't know squat about football. He was god awful his freshmen year, last year you saw great improvement. Without him we lose our bowl game. This year he has already done something he didn't do very well last year, that is hit the deep ball.

Now I will be the first to say you cannot judge Ash based on beating a team like NMSU as they are worse than our practice squad, but his accuracy is worth noting as he was awful last year in that area.

One other area you need to consider, in the games where Ash looked pretty bad, those were also the games where our oline looked extremely bad. Especially Oklahoma and TCU.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone that doesn't see his progress is either too gun shy from the last two years or they don't know squat about football. He was god awful his freshmen year, last year you saw great improvement. Without him we lose our bowl game. This year he has already done something he didn't do very well last year, that is hit the deep ball.

Now I will be the first to say you cannot judge Ash based on beating a team like NMSU as they are worse than our practice squad, but his accuracy is worth noting as he was awful last year in that area.

One other area you need to consider, in the games where Ash looked pretty bad, those were also the games where our oline looked extremely bad. Especially Oklahoma and TCU.

Regarding not knowing squat about football - I played D1 ball, currently coach at clinics (why I sometimes get inside info at recruiting camps), and I've had three other close family members that have played or are being recruited by BCS teams.

Great improvement over "God awful" doesn't mean he's likely to be a great player.

We can all agree the O-Line performed poorly in many games - but the skill positions are loaded making it easy to make a team suffer for overcommitting to the run (as we faced 8 man fronts non stop in every game last season). Is improvement is going 8/16, 63 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs against Kansas and not getting any big plays when your team is loaded with 5* talent against 2* talent? It's a team sport, but an improving player does not do this against such inferior talent.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some interesting game notes:

* Overstreet should be getting a package of plays against BYU (with wrinkle that he will be threat to throw the ball).
    * Major is apparently targeting getting Daje 20 plays for this weekend.

Also heard Jamal Adams just keeps talking about wanting to play in SEC, and on top of that made some comments that playing away from home is a non-issue. Looking more and more like Florida I'm afraid.

Does anyone know what the problem is with Malcom Brown(RB)? He had a pretty good reception but it looks like he is running like a sissy. Is he injured again?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Regarding not knowing squat about football - I played D1 ball, currently coach at clinics (why I sometimes get inside info at recruiting camps), and I've had three other close family members that have played or are being recruited by BCS teams.

Great improvement over "God awful" doesn't mean he's likely to be a great player.

We can all agree the O-Line performed poorly in many games - but the skill positions are loaded making it easy to make a team suffer for overcommitting to the run (as we faced 8 man fronts non stop in every game last season). Is improvement is going 8/16, 63 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs against Kansas and not getting any big plays when your team is loaded with 5* talent against 2* talent? It's a team sport, but an improving player does not do this against such inferior talent.
    I never said he would be great, I do believe he has not hit his ceiling yet. I knew fairly quickly when GG hit his ceiling, same with Chris Simms, same with Colt. With Ash I know as of right now he has not hit his ceiling. I don't discount the Kansas game, but at the same time, that to me stands out as an outlier game more than a step back. Sort of like the game Vince Young had in 2004 against Tech where Chance Mock had to replace him and pull the game out. After that game many called for him to be replaced but the very next game became on of his best.

As for our skill positions, I would agree about the running back position but not the receiver position. Last year our receivers were about as inconsistent as they come. Our best receiver, Mike Davis, is best known for dropping passes, it's pretty obvious that Jaxon Shipley is not Jordan, and I blame the coaches for misusing Goodwin, so I wouldn't be so quick to say our receivers are a loaded position. Now this year looks to be different, but still too early to tell.

I still believe if you were to give Ash Manziel's oline, you would have seen huge strides in his passing. It must be nice having 3 1st round NFL draft picks blocking for you. If we can get some good pass blocking and hit a few long balls you will see the defense back off a bit and huge holes open up for our running game. If they don't, then I look for Ash to have a great year passing the ball and making lots of really big plays.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some interesting game notes:

* Overstreet should be getting a package of plays against BYU (with wrinkle that he will be threat to throw the ball).
    * Major is apparently targeting getting Daje 20 plays for this weekend.

Also heard Jamal Adams just keeps talking about wanting to play in SEC, and on top of that made some comments that playing away from home is a non-issue. Looking more and more like Florida I'm afraid.
    Isn't Adams related to one of the Florida coaches?

Good to hear about Daje, he is a game changer, especially against BYU, they don't do well in space as they are so slow getting to the ball. He better be ready, because what they lack in foot speed, they will make up for with hard hitting.

Glad to also hear that Overstreet is getting his own package, I love this kid's at ude and the fact that he has earned this playing time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Check out OL Desmond Harrison from the New Mexico State game. Top of the screen:

https://vine.co/v/h5LXmXb5U7x

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Isn't Adams related to one of the Florida coaches?
    WR coach Joker Phillips is his godfather. Jamal also has said recently that Florida is also recruiting him as hard as anybody, so he is a priority for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Four-star Houston Lamar S John Bonney has committed to Texas, per @skhanjr. He's commit No. 24 es.pn/UqTO1Z

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    QB Jerrod Heard
    RB Donald Catalon
    RB/ATH Kevin Shorter
    RB D'Onta Foreman
    WR Lorenzo Joe
    WR Armanti Foreman
    WR Garrett Gray
    WR Dorian Leonard
    WR Emanuel Porter
    WR Roderick Bernard
    OL Terrell Cuney
    TE John Thomas- May not qualify
    DE Derrick Roberson
    DE Sione Teuhema
    DT Trey LMFAO
    DT Courtney Garnett - May not qualify
    DT Jake McMillon
    LB Otaro Alaka
    LB Cameron Hampton
    LB Andrew Beck
    DB John Bonney
    DB Jermaine Roberts
    DB Jason Hall
    P Corbin Daly

24 commits

Guys left:
    DB Jamal Adams
    DB Nick Watkins
    DB John Plattenburg - Not offered yet
    DE Solomon Thomas
    LB Edwin Freeman
    DT Zaycovan Henderson

This class could reach 29 if the two guys qualify and we somehow get the remaining 5. Plus there are usually 1 or 2 guys we find late like Montrel Meander or Bryce Cottrell; maybe not this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    QB Jerrod Heard
    RB Donald Catalon
    RB/ATH Kevin Shorter
    RB D'Onta Foreman
    WR Lorenzo Joe
    WR Armanti Foreman
    WR Garrett Gray
    WR Dorian Leonard
    WR Emanuel Porter
    WR Roderick Bernard
    OL Terrell Cuney
    TE John Thomas- May not qualify
    DE Derrick Roberson
    DE Sione Teuhema
    DT Trey LMFAO
    DT Courtney Garnett - May not qualify
    DT Jake McMillon
    LB Otaro Alaka
    LB Cameron Hampton
    LB Andrew Beck
    DB John Bonney
    DB Jermaine Roberts
    DB Jason Hall
    P Corbin Daly

24 commits

Guys left:
    DB Jamal Adams
    DB Nick Watkins
    DB John Plattenburg - Not offered yet
    DE Solomon Thomas
    LB Edwin Freeman
    DT Zaycovan Henderson

This class could reach 29 if the two guys qualify and we somehow get the remaining 5. Plus there are usually 1 or 2 guys we find late like Montrel Meander or Bryce Cottrell; maybe not this year.
    If we can end this class with Solomon, Henderson and Watkins, I would be extremely happy. Not our best class but not a bad class at all.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Four-star Houston Lamar S John Bonney has committed to Texas, per @skhanjr. He's commit No. 24 es.pn/UqTO1Z
    Didn't see that one going Texas' way. Good news.

Great matchup I'll be attending in Aledo Friday night when Johnathan Grays's former high school team of Bearcats takes on Jarrett Stidham's current team in the Stephenville Yellow Jackets. As many of you may already know Stidham's one of the highest rated QB's for 2015 with offers from Texas, A&M, Tech, Baylor, Tennessee and Kentucky. He's currently rated 155th overall in the ESPN Jr. 300. Another name to know is that of Jess Anders who is a '15 RB that I believe was a backup to Gray as a freshman. Anders had a good season last year where he rushed for over 1,000 yards and scored 15 TD's. Currently reports no offers that I'm aware of but strongly believe he'll be much more highly recruited as the season goes on. This game will be the epitome of Texas High School Football.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm not a paying memeber of InsideTexas, so I think this is public information.
    Here's a transcript of a call/interview with Eric Nahlin and La Mirada High School (Cal.) head coach Mike Moschetti regarding '14 TE Tyler Luatua and '15 QB Kevin Dillman.

Me: What’s the latest on Texas and Luatua. He plays two positions of need.
    Moschetti: Well I know he got letters last week from the whole coaching staff…
    Me: Good, heard anything about a potential visit?
    Moschetti: Nothing set up, he likes Texas though.
    Me: What about Dillman (Kevin, the 2015 Swedish QB with Ash like physical tools)?
    Moschetti: Haven’t heard anything.
    [two hour lull in the exchange (we facetime)]
    Me: Texas is interested in Dillman, they just want to see more.
    Moschetti: I’d have no problem with Dillman visiting if an offer was given or on the way. He got hurt the second series of our first game, tore a ligament in his Toe but played the whole game and struggled. But he’s a warrior (C’mon, coach, he’s a Viking), starting tomorrow. His toe is swollen and black and blue.
    Me: Man that type of injury lingers, hard to step, plus he’s mobile so that removes that part of his game.
    Moschetti: Yeah, he couldn’t push off of his right foot. Luatuawas out with a hamstring injury, he was begging me to play. It was my decision. Our tackle that’s committed to Cal also got hurt and he’s out this week.
    Me: Damn dude, you need to place Dallis Todd (2014 WR committed to OU) in bubble wrap.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great matchup I'll be attending in Aledo Friday night when Johnathan Grays's former high school team of Bearcats takes on Jarrett Stidham's current team in the Stephenville Yellow Jackets. As many of you may already know Stidham's one of the highest rated QB's for 2015 with offers from Texas, A&M, Tech, Baylor, Tennessee and Kentucky. He's currently rated 155th overall in the ESPN Jr. 300. Another name to know is that of Jess Anders who is a '15 RB that I believe was a backup to Gray as a freshman. Anders had a good season last year where he rushed for over 1,000 yards and scored 15 TD's. Currently reports no offers that I'm aware of but strongly believe he'll be much more highly recruited as the season goes on. This game will be the epitome of Texas High School Football.
    Welcome to the board.

Can't wait to see Stidham's junior film.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DT Zaycoven Henderson from 24/7...it's looking like he'll take an official visit to UT for the K-State game on September 21st. He originally wanted to visit for Ole Miss since that's the next home game, but Longview has a game that day.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From yesterday:

Zay-Coven Henderson ‏@lobo5540
    Just Got Off The Phone With The The The University Of Texas #⃣Bevo #⃣Hookem

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 S Justin Dunning went down with a knee injury last night. Not sure what the diagnosis is yet:

@JD3ThaTruth
    I cant believe this. My worst nightmare came true. But thank you everyone for the prayers imma be ok.. just leave it to God

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 S Justin Dunning went down with a knee injury last night. Not sure what the diagnosis is yet:

@JD3ThaTruth
    I cant believe this. My worst nightmare came true. But thank you everyone for the prayers imma be ok.. just leave it to God
    Just read it's a torn ACL.

Post Count
    Bonney is 3-star on Rivals.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bonney is 3-star on Rivals.
    4 star composite

Two of the greater names in Texas High School Football in tonight's Aledo- Stephenville matchup: Mookie(y) Carlisle at Safety for Stephenville and Taco Anderson at Wide Receiver for Aledo.

Thread Information