Page 104 of 238 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Realistically...what are the odds?
    Finebaum was just trolling. I posted it to see what the reaction would be. He's talking about Saban being in Texas for the A&M game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's a look at the post-game press conferences for those that didn't see it or care to see.

No joke, Mack and Diaz looked like they were on the verge of tears.

https://vimeo.com/74035996

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Here's a look at the post-game press conferences for those that didn't see it or care to see.

that's pretty much the reaction to expect when you just gave up over 500 yards rushing to BYU. (with a supposedly experienced defense)

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Update on QB David Ash...it was originally reported that he had a shoulder injury but he's now being evaluated for a head issue.

May be seeing Case next week for Ole Miss.
    the horns play calling was pissing me off.

you have a 6 star running back in Gray and you're running keepers with a slow sorry QB. i was honestly waiting for him to come off limping.

I've never, ever seen a coaching staff do this little with so much.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Diaz should have been fired after the West Virginia game last year

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hate the way the Longhorns use Gray.

And what the did Malcolm Brown do? He is the best back on this team.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Chip Brown@ChipBrownOB6m
    http://Orangebloods.com has learned Mack Brown fired Manny Diaz as defensive coordinator, one day after Texas gave up 550 yds rushing to BYU.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to OrangeBloods, Greg Robinson will take over his job.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thank you lord.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Didn't even wait until Monday

Post Count
    The clown was just utterly clueless. I think it will at least motivate the players to step up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Diaz relieved of duties; Robinson named defensive coordinator

Manny Diaz has been relieved of his duties as Texas defensive coordinator, while former UT co-defensive coordinator Greg Robinson has been named to the position.

Austin -- Manny Diaz has been relieved of his duties as Texas defensive coordinator, and former UT co-defensive coordinator Greg Robinson has been named to the position, head coach Mack Brown announced Sunday. Diaz will be reassigned to a position within the athletics department.

"Our performance on defense last night was unacceptable, and we need to change that," Brown said. "Greg will be here tonight and get with the staff and players to start preparing for Ole Miss. He will be running our defense immediately. We're very fortunate that Greg has been around, watched all of our practice video and has a good scouting report moving forward. His familiarity with the staff and players should make for a smooth transition. He knows this place, did a terrific job in leading our defense before, and I'm excited to have him back on the field. We're back at it and working hard to beat Ole Miss this weekend."

A veteran of 36 years of coaching who has served as a defensive coordinator on two Super Bowl winning teams, and the Longhorns' 2004 Rose Bowl Championship squad, Robinson began a stint as a football analyst with Texas in July.

"This is a tough deal for everyone involved, but I love The University of Texas, and Coach Brown has been wonderful to me," Robinson said. "I'll do anything I can to help him, so when he called, I told him I'd be there today. I know the staff, have a lot of respect for them and am excited for the challenge moving forward.

"I've been around the team a lot, watched all of their film and have been self scouting and scouting opponents since I came on board in July. Because of Longhorn Network, I've also been able to see these guys for two to three years and am very familiar with the personnel."

He most recently served in coaching as the defensive coordinator at Michigan for two seasons (2009-10) after spending four years as the head coach at Syracuse (2005-08).

Robinson was Texas' co-defensive coordinator with Duane Akina, along with being linebackers coach, for the 2004 season, which culminated with an 11-1 record as the Longhorns won their first BCS Bowl and Rose Bowl Championship with a victory over Michigan. That season, Texas held its opponents to 320.1 yards (23rd NCAA) and 17.9 points per game (18th NCAA), while ranking 16th in rushing defense (107.4 ypg).

"I need to get with the staff, work with them to get a plan in place and hit the ground running," Robinson said. "I think very highly of the defensive coaches I'm working with - Duane (Akina), Oscar (Giles) and Bo (Davis) - so it's critical for me to get with them and figure out what specifically we need to do moving forward. Having coached here, I do know the ins and outs and having the stability with the rest of the staff will be very beneficial."

Prior to Texas, Robinson spent 10 of his 14 years coaching in the NFL as a defensive coordinator with the Kansas City Chiefs (2001-03), Denver Broncos (1995-2000) and New York Jets (1994). He was the Jets' defensive line coach for four seasons (1990-93) prior to his appointment as defensive coordinator.

Robinson was the Broncos' defensive coordinator during the organization's back-to-back Super Bowl les in 1997 and 1998. His teams qualified for the playoffs in seven of his 14 seasons in professional football.

Before his NFL career, Robinson spent eight years with the UCLA Bruins, coaching the defensive line for seven seasons (1982-88) and serving as offensive coordinator in 1989. Robinson also had collegiate stints at N.C. State (1980-81), Cal State Fullerton (1977-79) and the University of the Pacific (1975-76).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This report saying Diaz will be re-assigned within the athletic department:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tor-manny-diaz

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack is still there, now if he gets canned at the end of the season...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch
    Ironic that MS State defeated Greg Robinson's defense 52-14 in Gator Bowl. That Bulldogs' defense was coached by..... Yes, Manny Diaz.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch
    Ironic that MS State defeated Greg Robinson's defense 52-14 in Gator Bowl. That Bulldogs' defense was coached by..... Yes, Manny Diaz.
    So once this backfires, is it guaranteed Mack is out?

I think the SEC coaches trolled Mack Brown. If I recall, after Texas lost WM to Florida, Brown called some contacts in the SEC to improve his defense. All the sources said Diaz was the man. Boy did that back fire.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde
    There are half dozen fan bases, college and pro, who wanted Greg Robinson fired when he was with their program. Now he's the solution at UT?

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Applewhite is destroying this offense with the playcalling. We have some flat out stud running backs, and we are not using them properly. Also, when the defense is playing off, why not just slant them to death?.....not Applewhite.

Post Count
    Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde
    There are half dozen fan bases, college and pro, who wanted Greg Robinson fired when he was with their program. Now he's the solution at UT?
    I don't know if they view him as the solution, but they just have to try something different at this point. It's obviously a desperation move, but Robinson at least knows the team and did an ok job his last time here.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Robinson stating that they have plans to improve worries me.

Its basics first. You can game plan all day on defense, if your kids have no clue how to tackle, it does not matter. The angles they take, never wrapping up, not knowing how to get off a block... It is fundamentals first.

Thats how serious this situation is. You are trying to teach algebra to kids that can't add or subtract.

For Gods sake take a big step back... And Start OVER.

Now on offense can we address the concept of blocking...

HS coaches at almost any level have got to be appalled at what they are seeing.

Post Count
    You can teach fundamentals though. It's not going to happen overnight, but at least they can improve as the season goes on and maybe salvage a couple of wins that otherwise would have been equally humiliating for Texas as the BYU game was.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You can teach fundamentals though. It's not going to happen overnight, but at least they can improve as the season goes on and maybe salvage a couple of wins that otherwise would have been equally humiliating for Texas as the BYU game was.
    No argument with this.

Please tell Robinson and Applewhite.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Preliminary list of visitors for A&M-Bama game this weekend for those interested:

Hebron S Jamal Adams
    Edna Karr (LA) WR Speedy Noil
    Edna Karr (LA) DT Gerald Willis
    Desert Mountain (AZ) QB Kyle Allen
    Springdale (AR) DT Josh Frazier
    East Central C.C. OL Avery Gennessy
    Garden City C.C. OL Dontavious Blair
    Liberty Eylau WR Davion Hall (possible)
    Skyline DB Cedric Collins
    North Forney DB Armani Watts
    Olathe (KS) OL Braden Smith
    Arlington Martin DE Myles Garrett