Page 114 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think Saban is the #1 guy (Texas will try to negotiate) followed by Strong and Muschamp. Not counting on Shaw at the moment.

That's the top tier right now, imo.
    still can't see saban leaving bama unless texas was several million more as far as the offer goes. but if the money is there...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DeLoss Dodds will officially step down as the Athletic Director for Texas on August 31st 2014.

http://www.texassports.com/news/2013...x#.Uksk_xbCDq9
    Last edited by Bloeddyr10; 10-01-2013 at 02:51 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    President Powers says that the search for a new AD will begin immediately, with the help of Dodds.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that there's a new app out there called "Texas Football 360" for those of you who have an iPhone.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    President Powers says that the search for a new AD will begin immediately, with the help of Dodds.
    The good news is Dodds is now background noise. He won't have much say going forward.

Inside Texas said it best...he's a figurehead; powerful le, yet little power. I doubt he's around much.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From Rod Babers...

@rodb314
    I've officially resigned my job as sideline reporter 4 UT radio broadcasts. I wanna thank IMG & UT for the opportunity. #hookem #Longhorns

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm really pissed about this Babers thing. Mack is not going down without a fight.

Our defense gives up 550 rushing yards and he's not allowed to say anything?

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From Rod Babers...

@rodb314
    I've officially resigned my job as sideline reporter 4 UT radio broadcasts. I wanna thank IMG & UT for the opportunity. #hookem #Longhorns

Hearing from a pretty damn good source that the 'resignation' is because Babers was confronted by Mack over his overt criticism of the program in recent weeks. Apparently UT has power over who fills the role and Babers stood his ground and promptly resigned when pushed that he could not be so negative. I've always heard Mack was obsessed with controlling outside messaging, but I really hope what I'm hearing about this isn't true because it is completely pathetic if so.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hearing from a pretty damn good source that the 'resignation' is because Babers was confronted by Mack over his overt criticism of the program in recent weeks. Apparently UT has power over who fills the role and Babers stood his ground and promptly resigned when pushed that he could not be so negative. I've always heard Mack was obsessed with controlling outside messaging, but I really hope what I'm hearing about this isn't true because it is completely pathetic if so.
    Saban would have applied a rear naked choke hold.
    Please no Saban, please god.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rumours is that '15 LB Malik Jefferson will make his announcement on friday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rumours is that '15 LB Malik Jefferson will make his announcement on friday.
    He will be choosing which all-star game he's going to play in, according to 24/7.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

From Inside Texas...four head coaches (Saban, Strong, Muschamp and Briles) and/or their agents have been in contact with UT in the past two weeks. One coach has been offered $8 million per year and the others have been offered what Mack is currently making (approx $5 million per year). Each guy has been told they'll basically have a blank check to assemble their staff. President Powers has been in touch with several big money guys recently to assure them that things are changing and the new head coach should be in place by the end of the year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

From Inside Texas...four head coaches (Saban, Strong, Muschamp and Briles) and/or their agents have been in contact with UT in the past two weeks. One coach has been offered $8 million per year and the others have been offered what Mack is currently making (approx $5 million per year). Each guy has been told they'll basically have a blank check to assemble their staff. President Powers has been in touch with several big money guys recently to assure them that things are changing and the new head coach should be in place by the end of the year.
    My is hard. Strong or Saban.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So they would fire Mack mid season?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i say let him coach from the tree of woe for the rest of the season. I can't imagine Muschamp coming back tbh

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i say let him coach from the tree of woe for the rest of the season. I can't imagine Muschamp coming back tbh
    He won't. If Saban really does decide that he doesn't want to start over then Strong is the next head coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    InsideUSC ‏@InsideUSC
    From what I've heard, Jack Del Rio's not currently a top candidate for #USC job

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He won't. If Saban really does decide that he doesn't want to start over then Strong is the next head coach.
    Only way I can see Saban coming to Texas is if the Fluker rumors continue and the NCAA hammer Alabama. Strong would be awesome. I wouldn't mind Briles, he is the new Chip Kelly.

I really like this random tweet from this dude:

Varun@NotMattBarkley14h
    A few years ago ESPN relentlessly covered the USC scandal. Two years ago Ohio State. This year's Alabama/DJ Fluker story? Silence #SEC

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone expects that and I think the exit plan is being worked on. I see it going something like this:

1.) Mack coaches out the season
    2.) Announce retirement after OU if it's a beatdown, at the latest before the Thanksgiving game (last home game)
    3.) Timing of announcement for the new head coach is based on Texas' bowl situation, Mack coaches if Texas makes a bowl

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not sure who originally reported, but starting to see a lot of reports that Ash is out for Iowa State.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone expects that and I think the exit plan is being worked on. I see it going something like this:

1.) Mack coaches out the season
    2.) Announce retirement after OU if it's a beatdown, at the latest before the Thanksgiving game (last home game)
    3.) Timing of announcement for the new head coach is based on Texas' bowl situation, Mack coaches if Texas makes a bowl
    I've always thought that the Banquet Weekend would be ideal to inform recruits and players that he would step down. But that might be too late.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The smart thing for Mack to do is retire, if he does that he can keep his status within the program, keep his contract money and take a cushy spot within the AD's office where all he has to do is hang out with the big cigars and speak at high school coaches conventions. For all of his failings, Mack can be a great ambassador for the University.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd be extremely happy with Strong, but I'd prefer Briles for a few reasons.

1. I want a offensive minded HC, strong is a defense guy.
    2. Briles is more in touch with recruiting in Texas, we need to again close the borders.
    3. You gain the biggest recruiting momentum when you get commitments from top offensive players, Briles can do that.
    4. I want to see what Briles can do with a top notch coaching staff.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd be extremely happy with Strong, but I'd prefer Briles for a few reasons.

1. I want a offensive minded HC, strong is a defense guy.
    2. Briles is more in touch with recruiting in Texas, we need to again close the borders.
    3. You gain the biggest recruiting momentum when you get commitments from top offensive players, Briles can do that.
    4. I want to see what Briles can do with a top notch coaching staff.
    I love Briles, and he has been a favorite of mine for quiet some time now. But how much of difference would there be from Briles' offense to what Philip Montgomery would field? Montgomery is, right now, my favorite to the OC job. He's been learning under Briles since they were at Houston and I would imagine there offenses would be quiet similar.

Otherwise I agree with most of what you say. The borders needs to be closed. But if you hire two coordinators from Texas, could that do the job? I, to, wants to see what Briles can do with a top notch staff. I could imagine/hope he would bring a few of his Baylor coaches with him to run the offense. But just as much as I would see that, I would want see Strong with the same resources.

I love the fact that there is so "many" coaches who would please me, and of the most mentioned names, I don't see anyone I would be upset with. But one thing I do know; If they get an offensive minded coach, they better pay a lot money for a top DC. And the other way around.

Briles or Strong? I would be ecstatic with both.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More injury updates from UT:

OL Josh Cochran is out and WR Mike Davis is a game-time decision.

Thread Information