Page 121 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The gold is for the golden hat trophy:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oh, so difficult to be a Texas fan right now...

Mikefinger
    Mike Davis: "If we have another run-pass situation, I'd do the same thing. If the DB's loafing, he deserves to get cut."

@JimVertuno
    #Texas QB Case McCoy says OU is a legacy game for his this week: "The game I could be remembered forever for."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M shatted on by Captain Legacy

Mikefinger
    Mike Davis: "If we have another run-pass situation, I'd do the same thing. If the DB's loafing, he deserves to get cut."

@JimVertuno
    #Texas QB Case McCoy says OU is a legacy game for his this week: "The game I could be remembered forever for."
    He might not be wrong. If Texas loses by 70 he could be player that officially brings down Mack Brown. Not sure that is the legacy he wants but some people would rather be remembered for something rather than not being remembered at all.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying S Jamal Adams will be in Dallas for Texas/OU.
    Great.. Watching This expected blow out live and in person will surely scare him away. But I guess if we somehow win through the grace of God, will have a legitimate chance.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great.. Watching This expected blow out live and in person will surely scare him away. But I guess if we somehow win through the grace of God, will have a legitimate chance.
    As far as I can tell, it's an unofficial visit. He will likely return for the Oklahoma State in November.

On another note, Derick Roberson won't be in attendance because it's "too early".

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any chance Texas takes two quarterbacks this year? I know numbers are getting tight, but with Overstreet officially a quarterback, I started wondering.

I stumbled upon a guy named Kent Myers from Sachse High School. A small, 6'0 185lbs, quarterback with great mobility. Through six games, he has thrown for more than 1700 yards with 22 TD's and one pick. He has rushed for another 440 yards and 8 scores. Don't know what classification Sachse is, but he looks interesting.

http://247sports.com/Player/Kent-Myers-28305
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YxnplsOljI (junior tape)

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any chance Texas takes two quarterbacks this year? I know numbers are getting tight, but with Overstreet officially a quarterback, I started wondering.

I stumbled upon a guy named Kent Myers from Sachse High School. A small, 6'0 185lbs, quarterback with great mobility. Through six games, he has thrown for more than 1700 yards with 22 TD's and one pick. He has rushed for another 440 yards and 8 scores. Don't know what classification Sachse is, but he looks interesting.

they're 5A

Post Count
    @JimVertuno
    [/I]
    One way or another, he could be right.

Post Count

Ash, Heard & Swoops makes QB a decent position next season IF Ash is even still playing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ash, Heard & Swoops makes QB a decent position next season IF Ash is even still playing.
    Exactly. If it turns out that Ash's head isn't good, should Texas consider another QB in this class?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated on Texas athletics:

"I think sometimes getting your ass kicked is good," Dodds said. "It's good for coaches and good for kids. It's good for everybody. Getting your ass kicked is not the right word. What's the right word? Getting beat. Being humbled. I think everyone needs that."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...t_a2&eref=sihp

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Exactly. If it turns out that Ash's head isn't good, should Texas consider another QB in this class?
    The JUCO route may be tricky in this class because the entire staff is likely to be gone once the season ends and there will be a chunk of time where no recruiting is being done. Even if the current staff made progress with a few guys, there's no guarantee the new staff would agree with those evaluations. It actually may be better if Texas misses a bowl so the new regime can use those extra weeks to do some housekeeping before National Signing Day.

I think you have to look at JUCO for several positions and players that can contribute immediately, specifically QB if we take into consideration Ash's long-term health is up in the air. You could be left with a true freshman (Heard) and redshirt freshman (Swoopes) and basically no game experience. With all of that said, it will largely depend on what the new coach and his staff thinks is best moving forward. Along with possiblity of a few de-commitments by the time the season ends, we may see the new coach drop a commitment or two if he doesn't like what he sees on film.

We haven't seen this scenario in over 15 years, so it's going to be wild come December.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated on Texas athletics:

"I think sometimes getting your ass kicked is good," Dodds said. "It's good for coaches and good for kids. It's good for everybody. Getting your ass kicked is not the right word. What's the right word? Getting beat. Being humbled. I think everyone needs that."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...t_a2&eref=sihp
    Yeah, he needs to go.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol, great quote.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Unfortunately Jerrod Heard will be at the game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas is FUBAR right now best thing is a clean slate

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Every Mack Brown Press Conference Ever, Explained" by Barking Carnival:

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013/...ever-explained

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

From the Inside Texas board, TCU AD Chris Del Conte is no longer being considered for the same position at Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting CB Jermaine Roberts of New Orleans, LA has reached out to both Ohio State and Texas A&M recently. A de-commitment isn't imminent, but he's watching Texas closely and does want to take visits. He says he does have plans to return to the UT campus this fall.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Craig Smoak ‏@CraigSmoak
    Baylor's Dec. 7th Floyd Casey Stadium finale vs. Texas has been officially declared a sell-out. #SicEm

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    @JimVertuno

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting CB Jermaine Roberts of New Orleans, LA has reached out to both Ohio State and Texas A&M recently. A de-commitment isn't imminent, but he's watching Texas closely and does want to take visits. He says he does have plans to return to the UT campus this fall.
    No big deal, I'm sure the new staff will bring with them a few recruits

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Thread Information