Page 127 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It'd be game over NCAA if he came.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack is going out on his terms after the OU win. If he does decide to leave, there is a very real possibility that Saban will come though.
    Do u think that that 1 OU win is significant enough to overshadow all the shortcomings the program has been experiencing these past few years under Mack? I don't think so. I hope they don't give to much credit for that win and allow another year of mediocrity to continue. Yes it was a great win that was very appreciated but let's not get carried away with it. If anything, that win should do nothing more than just secure his job until the end of the season. But to allow him another year as the head coach would be a huge mistake in my opinion. Every year that we are considered soft and don't impose dominance in all aspects of the program, the more the highly ranked Texas born recruits will consider other schools over Texas.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do u think that that 1 OU win is significant enough to overshadow all the shortcomings the program has been experiencing these past few years under Mack? I don't think so. I hope they don't give to much credit for that win and allow another year of mediocrity to continue. Yes it was a great win that was very appreciated but let's not get carried away with it. If anything, that win should do nothing more than just secure his job until the end of the season. But to allow him another year as the head coach would be a huge mistake in my opinion. Every year that we are considered soft and don't impose dominance in all aspects of the program, the more the highly ranked Texas born recruits will consider other schools over Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If Belmont is suddenly worried about collieville, then you can bet they will act. I really want him to win out and retire like a man, but I have a feeling he will keep acting like a little girl and want to stay longer. He is not doing himself any favors, if we don't win the conference he needs to be replaced, if we do win the conference he needs to step down and retire as the 2nd best coach in Texas history.

Either way, the Mack Brown era needs to end after this season.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack is going out on his terms after the OU win. If he does decide to leave, there is a very real possibility that Saban will come though.
    I disagree with both of these statements. Everything I've seen suggests we're actively searching for the next coach, and although I can understand why the HC at Alabama would drop everything for the Texas gig, with what I know about Saban's personality and situation, I can't understand why he would.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I sure hope longhorns aren't taking some random tweet about seeing Saban's wife seriously...

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol aggies scared

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I sure hope longhorns aren't taking some random tweet about seeing Saban's wife seriously...
    I really hope aggy doesn't take Drake's opinion about Johnny seriously.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why would Aggie be scared? Their biggest rival right now is Alabama and we would be taking their head coach.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why would Aggie be scared? Their biggest rival right now is Alabama and we would be taking their head coach.

nah their biggest threat is bama. UT will always be their biggest rival, as OU will always be UT's.

plus, their recruiting advantage in Texas would be toast. you can't deny that.

Post Count
    I disagree with both of these statements. Everything I've seen suggests we're actively searching for the next coach, and although I can understand why the HC at Alabama would drop everything for the Texas gig, with what I know about Saban's personality and situation, I can't understand why he would.
    Mack isn't quitting -- sorry, he just isn't. He will have to be forcibly removed and I don't see it happening if this team finishes even decently which will happen.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack isn't quitting -- sorry, he just isn't. He will have to be forcibly removed and I don't see it happening if this team finishes even decently which will happen.
    Everything I've read pretty much says that the wheels are in motion and there is nothing at this point that will stop it. Mack is gone after this year no matter how the season ends.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Everything I've read pretty much says that the wheels are in motion and there is nothing at this point that will stop it. Mack is gone after this year no matter how the season ends.
    Same here. All the OU and K-State wins did was ensure that he can mark some things off his final checklist. I think the only question is if he steps down voluntarily or is forced to step down; either way, it'll probably look the same from the outside.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fake

But still awesome

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count

Post Count
    The wheels are in motion? What is being done that leads you to believe the "wheels are in motion"?

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Auburn DB coach Melvin Smith went to watch CB John Bonney yesterday. Auburn is after both him and Tony Brown.

Bonney is solid to Texas, right TFloss32? Neither he nor Brown are showing Auburn much interest according to Hoke, but hopefully that will change after today

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    With Texas there is no one that is truly solid, Texas has made a commitment to those they interview for the AD position that Mack is gone and they will have a say in who is the next coach at Texas. It's expected that 500 or so that are employed at Belmont hall most will be losing their jobs. The shake up is that big. With all that, Texas insiders fully expect to lose several recruits but they also expect the new coach to bring in a few key recruits he has recruited.

The offer is on the table to Saban for a contract that averages about 8 mil per year. There are feelers out there for about 3 or 4 other coaches that they would get what Mack is currently making and who ever gets hired will be given a blank check to hire the best assistants money can buy.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Source?

Post Count
    With Texas there is no one that is truly solid, Texas has made a commitment to those they interview for the AD position that Mack is gone and they will have a say in who is the next coach at Texas. It's expected that 500 or so that are employed at Belmont hall most will be losing their jobs. The shake up is that big. With all that, Texas insiders fully expect to lose several recruits but they also expect the new coach to bring in a few key recruits he has recruited.

The offer is on the table to Saban for a contract that averages about 8 mil per year. There are feelers out there for about 3 or 4 other coaches that they would get what Mack is currently making and who ever gets hired will be given a blank check to hire the best assistants money can buy.
    I'll give you this... everything is set up perfectly for it to happen (except what I said about Mack not wanting to go).

1. The Saban's supposedly have a vacation home in or around Austin, so he like Texas.

2. Saban supposedly has an opt-out in his contract that makes it relatively easy for him to jump ship.

3. Texas can top absolutely any financial offer from anyone including the NFL (might upset the faculty though).

4. The Texas recruiting base is second to none.

5. Texas is "the stage" for a big time coach like Saban and can fit his ego.

6. There is enough talent already on the squad for him to turnaround the team quickly.

7. A new AD will be coming in. That's big! (why is it #7 on my list?) -- I don't know, it's not in order.

8. Hey, Dennis Franchione left Alabama for Texas A&M...

9. The state of Alabama sucks.

10. I honestly rather live in Mexico than Alabama.

11. Did I mention that Alabama sucks?

Edit: 12. Alabama.
    Last edited by DMX7; 10-20-2013 at 10:51 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DMN
    AAS
    Rivals
    24/7
    Jesus Shuttlesworth

Bits and pieces from all five.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bonney is solid to Texas, right TFloss32? Neither he nor Brown are showing Auburn much interest according to Hoke, but hopefully that will change after today
    I haven't see anything to suggest Bonney is wavering, but there's no telling what will happen if Texas starts losing again or how the new coach will handle recruiting. I think it's safe to say some current 2014 commits won't be a part of the class once National Signing Day rolls around.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to 24/7, Chambers went to check out 2015 WR Carlos Strickland of Dallas Skyline last Friday and he's expected to be offered by Texas before the season is up.

http://247sports.com/Player/Carlos-Strickland-28086

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/142135...ights/71405375

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also from 24/7, Texas appears to be officially out of it with 2015 DT Daylon Mack.

“I haven’t even heard from them,” said Mack of Texas. “Nothing at all since Coach (Manny) Diaz was fired. No letters, messages or anything.”

Thread Information