Page 128 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    New player to be aware of is 2016 QB Devin Williams of Fort Worth Southwest:

http://247sports.com/Player/Devin-Williams-32992

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2266832/

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Also from 24/7, Texas appears to be officially out of it with 2015 DT Daylon Mack.

“I haven’t even heard from them,” said Mack of Texas. “Nothing at all since Coach (Manny) Diaz was fired. No letters, messages or anything.”
    From TexAgs:

Daylon was unable to make it in for the Auburn game, but he did watch it with his parents on tv. His reaction from the game was, "I think when I go there that I'm going to be able to start from day one. I mentioned that there was a possibility he would commit on the visit if his parents would sign off on it, and they are inching closer to letting him make the call. He told me today his mom came in his room and asked him if he was still wanting to commit. He told her yes, but hasn't heard anything else about it since then. He said he wasn't going to push it because he really wants them to let him make the call. When they give the ok told me he will call up the coaches and then probably just announce it on twitter. Needless to say it could be happening a lot sooner than most thought heading into the season. His mom has always been the one that has wanted him to wait a little longer, so hearing that she might be coming on board is pretty big.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    On twitter he's always talking about #1 factor is a team's performance and he repeatedly says early playing time will not be big deciding factor. Straight from horse's mouth. That said he's a big A&M lean but also loves LSU. He strikes me as kid even if he commits you'll have to keep recruiting him until signing day - particularly if '14 is a down year breaking in new QB.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also from 24/7, Texas appears to be officially out of it with 2015 DT Daylon Mack.

“I haven’t even heard from them,” said Mack of Texas. “Nothing at all since Coach (Manny) Diaz was fired. No letters, messages or anything.”

This will be common theme.

The staff knows they will be gone next year - so why spend time recruiting kids that will never play for them? They're only worried about '13 and prepping their resumes.

With new staff you always get a good boost in recruiting so expect big '15. But '14 class should see some road bumps.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone have any video on Mack? I can't find his Hudl page, if he have one, and the only Youtube clips with him are him being interviewed. I was really impressed with Du'Vonta Lampkin at the camps he attended, and if Mack is that much better as people say, he's a special player.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recruits say a lot of . Mack wants to be in college station and that's where he will end up. He could start as a freshman at other sec schools too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Forgot to mention Ash is officially out for TCU.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone have any video on Mack? I can't find his Hudl page, if he have one, and the only Youtube clips with him are him being interviewed. I was really impressed with Du'Vonta Lampkin at the camps he attended, and if Mack is that much better as people say, he's a special player.
    I still have not seen video of Mack. Hopefully something will be released once the high school season is over.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    On twitter he's always talking about #1 factor is a team's performance and he repeatedly says early playing time will not be big deciding factor. Straight from horse's mouth. That said he's a big A&M lean but also loves LSU. He strikes me as kid even if he commits you'll have to keep recruiting him until signing day - particularly if '14 is a down year breaking in new QB.
    I agree. Any prospect committing their JR year you will have to continue to recruit. But he has been a huge A&M lean from day 1. Pretty confident he will be an Aggie come signing day.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    First BCS standings are out. Baylor at #8 and Tech at #10:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    Apparently, Aggy has vanalized the UT campus with spray paint... again.

This time at LBJ library.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Looks fishy. First, Aggies don't write t.u. in capital letters.

and Gig'em has the apostrophe in the wrong place.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Via Ramjet:

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    I'll give you this... everything is set up perfectly for it to happen (except what I said about Mack not wanting to go).

1. The Saban's supposedly have a vacation home in or around Austin, so he like Texas.

2. Saban supposedly has an opt-out in his contract that makes it relatively easy for him to jump ship.

3. Texas can top absolutely any financial offer from anyone including the NFL (might upset the faculty though).

4. The Texas recruiting base is second to none.

5. Texas is "the stage" for a big time coach like Saban and can fit his ego.

6. There is enough talent already on the squad for him to turnaround the team quickly.

7. A new AD will be coming in. That's big! (why is it #7 on my list?) -- I don't know, it's not in order.

8. Hey, Dennis Franchione left Alabama for Texas A&M...

9. The state of Alabama sucks.

10. I honestly rather live in Mexico than Alabama.

11. Did I mention that Alabama sucks?

Edit: 12. Alabama.
    You're such a miserable got. While I hope Saban goes to Texas as much as anyone, your awful list and Texas superiority complex is as bad as it gets. Yeah, Alabama is a small, poor, red state, but to act like it doesn't have any redeeming qualities is beyond ignorant. I highly doubt you've spent any time there and i'm sure you're just stereotyping it like every other asshole in America. For a self-proclaimed "liberal," you sure are an arrogant, ill-informed, judgemental dip . Oh, and I was born in Texas, so don't tell me that "I just don't understand."

You and Vito belong together. Two pieces of who didn't attend UT, yet run around like that football team is the most important thing in the entire world. It's no wonder you two are always the ones spouting off with these dumbass takes. You never hear this kind of from the UT grads, which speaks volumes. Bottom line? You're an embarrassment to your state and the fanbase of the school you never went to.

To play devils advocate... Let me throw together another list for you

1. Bama has 15 national championships --- Texas has 4
    2. Bama can certainly match any money that Texas can put together. To think otherwise is laughable. There is literally nothing more important than football in Turd town. They'll get the money if they have to.
    3. Recruiting? He already stomps UT in recruiting on a yearly basis, convincing kids to go to school in a state that is supposedly worse than Mexico.
    4. The stage? Alabama has more winning football tradition than any other school in America, as well as a fawning ESPN to fellate them on the reg. When you win, the stage finds you
    5. Dennis Franchione left Alabama because he couldn't handle the pressure, a pressure exerted by the ghost of the best college football coach ever, not to mention the most passionate (and toothless) fanbase in the country
    6. He has reached the level of a deity in Alabama. There is no way he'll ever be revered in Texas as much as he is in Tuscaloosa. Too many other things going on in that state. Too many other schools. Too many other pro teams. If his ego is indeed as massive as everyone suspects, there is no more perfect place to feed it than where he is right now.
    7. Rich people buy lots of vacation homes, how is that relevant?
    8. He gives zero s about the AD. Why should he? He's always the alpha dog in the room and gets what he wants regardless of who the stuffy old guy in the AD chair is.

The only one on your list that is relevant is the level of talent already on the team. From a purely football perspective, a move to Austin is lateral at best and a slight step down at worst. Yes, its a much better school in a far nicer city, but do you really think he gives a about that kind of stuff? There are really only a few things which will factor into his decision.

1. Is he ready for a new challenge? Is he getting bored with dominating the SEC? Is owning the Big-12 a bigger, more interesting challenge? Iow, is he bored where he is right now?
    2. Potential sanctions.

That's it. All the other bull out there is probably moot.

If he goes, that's fine. Good luck and don't let the door hit ya. It will be incredibly pleasurable watching the resulting meltdown in the Crimson-colored fanbase. Oh, and it will be a meltdown perhaps unrivaled in college football history. Alabama will also instantly become easier for Auburn to beat. But if he stays, that's fine too. To be the best you gotta beat the best, and so on. Just don't be surprised if he decides to stick around in Tuscaloosa, as Austin, from a football perspective, doesn't really offer him anything he doesn't already have superior levels of at Alabama.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You're such a miserable got. While I hope Saban goes to Texas as much as anyone, your awful list and Texas superiority complex is as bad as it gets. Yeah, Alabama is a small, poor, red state, but to act like it doesn't have any redeeming qualities is beyond ignorant. I highly doubt you've spent any time there and i'm sure you're just stereotyping it like every other asshole in America. For a self-proclaimed "liberal," you sure are an arrogant, ill-informed, judgemental dip . Oh, and I was born in Texas, so don't tell me that "I just don't understand."

You and Vito belong together. Two pieces of who didn't attend UT, yet run around like that football team is the most important thing in the entire world. It's no wonder you two are always the ones spouting off with these dumbass takes. You never hear this kind of from the UT grads, which speaks volumes. Bottom line? You're an embarrassment to your state and the fanbase of the school you never went to.

2. Bama can certainly match any money that Texas can put together. To think otherwise is laughable. There is literally nothing more important than football in Turd town. They'll get the money if they have to.
    3. Recruiting? He already stomps UT in recruiting on a yearly basis, convincing kids to go to school in a state that is supposedly worse than Mexico.
    4. The stage? Alabama has more winning football tradition than any other school in America, as well as a fawning ESPN to fellate them on the reg. When you win, the stage finds you
    5. Dennis Franchione left Alabama because he couldn't handle the pressure, a pressure exerted by the ghost of the best college football coach ever, not to mention the most passionate (and toothless) fanbase in the country
    6. He has reached the level of a deity in Alabama. There is no way he'll ever be revered in Texas as much as he is in Tuscaloosa. Too many other things going on in that state. Too many other schools. Too many other pro teams. If his ego is indeed as massive as everyone suspects, there is no more perfect place to feed it than where he is right now.
    8. He gives zero s about the AD. Why should he? He's always the alpha dog in the room and gets what he wants regardless of who the stuffy old guy in the AD chair is.

The only one on your list that is relevant is the level of talent already on the team. From a purely football perspective, a move to Austin is lateral at best and a slight step down at worst. Yes, its a much better school in a far nicer city, but do you really think he gives a about that kind of stuff? There are really only a few things which will factor into his decision.

1. Is he ready for a new challenge? Is he getting bored with dominating the SEC? Is owning the Big-12 a bigger, more interesting challenge? Iow, is he bored where he is right now?
    2. Potential sanctions.

If he goes, that's fine. Good luck and don't let the door hit ya. It will be incredibly pleasurable watching the resulting meltdown in the Crimson-colored fanbase. Oh, and it will be a meltdown perhaps unrivaled in college football history. Alabama will also instantly become easier for Auburn to beat. But if he stays, that's fine too. To be the best you gotta beat the best, and so on. Just don't be surprised if he decides to stick around in Tuscaloosa, as Austin, from a football perspective, doesn't really offer him anything he doesn't already have superior levels of at Alabama.
    Yup. That's about right.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Yeah, pretty poor effort tbh

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

2. Potential sanctions.

Bravo.

Post Count

I knew you all were going to go there. You really think someone vandalized their own school with "F*** TU"?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Aledo beats Fort Worth Western Hills 91-0 last weekend. Western Hills parent files a "bullying" complaint:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/10...last.html?rh=1

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

2. Potential sanctions.

I think someone needs a little bit of vaginal cream, did Texas stealing your coaches hurt your ?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    One other thing, Texas has 12 national championships if they chose to count them they way SEC does.

Post Count

2. Potential sanctions.

This post is ridiculous. I stopped reading at Dennis Franchione left because he couldn't handle the pressure of the ghost of Bear Bryant.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    This post is ridiculous. I stopped reading at Dennis Franchione left because he couldn't handle the pressure of the ghost of Bear Bryant.
    Yeah, the sanctions had something to do with it, too. But Alabama people expected him to stay and fight through it, which was just too much for him to handle. (Pressure)

Care to refute anything else?

Thread Information