Page 129 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah, the sanctions had something to do with it, too. But Alabama people expected him to stay and fight through it, which was just too much for him to handle. (Pressure)

Care to refute anything else?
    Sure you can, I'll show you.

You're such a miserable got. While I hope Saban goes to Texas as much as anyone, your awful list and Texas superiority complex is as bad as it gets. Yeah, Alabama is a small, poor, red state, but to act like it doesn't have any redeeming qualities is beyond ignorant. I highly doubt you've spent any time there and i'm sure you're just stereotyping it like every other asshole in America. For a self-proclaimed "liberal," you sure are an arrogant, ill-informed, judgemental dip . Oh, and I was born in Texas, so don't tell me that "I just don't understand."

You and Vito belong together. Two pieces of who didn't attend UT, yet run around like that football team is the most important thing in the entire world. It's no wonder you two are always the ones spouting off with these dumbass takes. You never hear this kind of from the UT grads, which speaks volumes. Bottom line? You're an embarrassment to your state and the fanbase of the school you never went to.

To play devils advocate... Let me throw together another list for you

1. Bama has 15 national championships --- Texas has 4

If Texas counted MNC the way Bama does it would be 15 to 12

2. Bama can certainly match any money that Texas can put together. To think otherwise is laughable. There is literally nothing more important than football in Turd town. They'll get the money if they have to.

Texas has already said they will offer him 8 million a year, bama might match it, but if Texas really wants to they can probably double that amount. Texas has the boosters to do it.

3. Recruiting? He already stomps UT in recruiting on a yearly basis, convincing kids to go to school in a state that is supposedly worse than Mexico.

There is really only two schools that can out recruit Texas, they are Miami and USC, Alabama is winning and winning improves recruiting. When Texas is winning they own recruiting.

4. The stage? Alabama has more winning football tradition than any other school in America, as well as a fawning ESPN to fellate them on the reg. When you win, the stage finds you

Texas is #2 in all time wins and holds a 7-1-1 advantage head to head over Bama. The only SEC school with a winning advantage over Texas is Vandy.

5. Dennis Franchione left Alabama because he couldn't handle the pressure, a pressure exerted by the ghost of the best college football coach ever, not to mention the most passionate (and toothless) fanbase in the country

It was all about the sanctions

6. He has reached the level of a deity in Alabama. There is no way he'll ever be revered in Texas as much as he is in Tuscaloosa. Too many other things going on in that state. Too many other schools. Too many other pro teams. If his ego is indeed as massive as everyone suspects, there is no more perfect place to feed it than where he is right now.

Saban has noting to prove unless he wants to be the only coach to win BCS championships at 3 different schools.

7. Rich people buy lots of vacation homes, how is that relevant?

How many use a Realtor that work exclusively with the University of Texas

8. He gives zero s about the AD. Why should he? He's always the alpha dog in the room and gets what he wants regardless of who the stuffy old guy in the AD chair is.

How do you know this? Texas isn't about the Alpha dog AD, it's about the true Alpha dogs, that would be all the billionaire money men, he listens to them, I know this because it's been reported he is good friends with a couple and regularly golfs with them.

The only one on your list that is relevant is the level of talent already on the team. From a purely football perspective, a move to Austin is lateral at best and a slight step down at worst. Yes, its a much better school in a far nicer city, but do you really think he gives a about that kind of stuff? There are really only a few things which will factor into his decision.

Defensively Texas isn't nearly as talented, but offensively we have at lease equal talent. Except at QB, but that might change by next season. Austin is light years better than most cities this is why it's always ranked in the top 5 best cities in the US to live. Yes, most people do care about that, he has a family and a wife that made the trip to Austin so you know she is going to have a say. There are many factors, not just a few. Saban is the best in the business, he has nothing to prove, for him to come here it's going to be about many things, not just football.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So texas would feasibly throw 16 mill/year at Saban?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So texas would feasibly throw 16 mill/year at Saban?
    No one said that they would, feasibility in this case means can they do it? Yes, Texas has the money to throw at a coach and boosters that would chip to make that salary happen. In this case 16 million is possible. Now if you are asking would they, I'm going to guess no. Not when we all know Saban doesn't have the market cornered on good coaching. There are many other good coaches out there that would come for much less. The other thing to consider is what would that kind of money do to facility at Texas. Texas basically saying we don't have money for you but we have 16 million for our football coach. I think it's pretty strained as it is with Mack Brown making 5.8 million.

I personally don't think Saban comes to Texas, if he did, it would probably have more to do with impending sanctions on the Bama program than money.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

From a guy considered to be connected with West Virginia athletics...

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
    Now have 2nd confirmation from a source in WVU that Luck is going to be offered the UT Athletic Director position as early as next week

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
    Reportedly ironing out terms before a formal offer will be made next week

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
    Luck intends to accept the position.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I knew you all were going to go there. You really think someone vandalized their own school with "F*** TU"?
    I didn't say that. Could have been anyone. Just doesn't look like the work from someone who actually attended A&M.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Daylon Mack has committed to Texas A&M.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    of a pickup, probably the best DT to come out of Texas since Tommie Harris.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    1. Bama has 15 national championships --- Texas has 4
    4. The stage? Alabama has more winning football tradition than any other school in America
    1. Who cares? Princeton and Yale have more national championships than Alabama. Not to mention that they're all imaginary until we get a legitimate playoff system (and no, the 4 team "playoff" isn't legitimate).
    4. What? Texas has more wins, as do Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Ohio State, and Oklahoma. Texas has a better win percentage, as do Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Ohio State. Texas has more conference championships, as do USC, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, and Nebraska. They have more winning football tradition than any other school in the SEC, but certainly not the country as a whole.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    obviously a tshirt aggie fan did that. probably converted from tshirt UT fan.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks fishy. First, Aggies don't write t.u. in capital letters.

and Gig'em has the apostrophe in the wrong place.

The 1000x more likely scenario than conspiracy theory - alcohol and ag grammar don't mix well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just doesn't look like the work from someone who actually attended A&M.

Show some class and call it for what it is.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Sounding pretty solid too after reading reports coming out. Supposedly his mother laid down law about him not changing his commitment down the road if she was to support his commitment. Not to mention the fact committing after a loss shows he's not simply going on momentum of a team.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sounding pretty solid too after reading reports coming out. Supposedly his mother laid down law about him not changing his commitment down the road if she was to support his commitment. Not to mention the fact committing after a loss shows he's not simply going on momentum of a team.
    Yeah, in his interview with TexAgs he said his parents said he gets one commitment and he has to stick with it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lots of comments on Saban being thrown around so I'll share some thoughts on Saban from premium sites and insiders.

The Saban talk is going to heat up b/c many of the power brokers at Texas want him as they next head coach. Period. That seems to be pretty consistent theme across all the sites.

Inside Texas probably has the best info on the coaching search from the mods right now because they aren't as concerned with appeasing Bellmont with a more controlled message. They have sources that claim multiple coaches have been contacted (sounds like Saban, Muschamp, Briles, Shaw) and that numbers have been thrown out to feel around and gauge interest. As a side note sounds like nobody thinks Shaw would leave Stanford so sounds like he is unlikely candidate. For Saban, his starting number begins with an eight. Somebody commented if we could pay Saban $16mm, and for a public university there is simply no way that happens. Although I would think $10mm and a blank check for staff would be in realm of likelihood.

How legit is his interest? If you listen to those guys, it's pretty heavy - they seem to think he is the front-runner for info they are getting. And sure everybody has heard about Terry Saban looking at property in Austin speculation as has already been posted.

Those guys have a ton of other good inside info and have been nails lately on all their reporting - but I don't want to post anything more than high level stuff out of respect.

Orangebloods has had some good content coming too but much of it is from the insider posters on their site and lots of it seems to be consistent theme as discussed above. I believe the mods there have a more controller message, however, and don't post as much coach-search info although they all talk about the next AD. Think these guys want to stay closer to Bellmont so they control some of the messaging for better access to program.

Everybody is reporting it looks like Oliver Luck will be the next AD and it could happen pretty soon.

As for me after reading all this? I thought Saban to Texas would NEVER happen if you asked me a month ago. However, I do believe we do have somewhat of a shot if the terms are right based on what is being thrown out. Lots of high up people seem to think we are in the running.

Actually, let me re-state that - some pretty informed insiders think he is most likely guy that will take over and this will get done. Some think it is more likely than not.

I'm going to interject with some reality. Even after reading all the inside info, I've been around negotiations long enough to know that Saban is most likely a long-shot.

Let me elaborate on that - no person will even get their maximum value (ie Saban at Bama) until they show they are willing to walk. So even if it is true that Terry Saban is out looking at property in Austin - it very well could simply be a tactic to scare Alabama into ponying up the dough to compete with a Texas offer. If Bama thinks Saban isn't interested in starting over, why would they even need to match a Texas offer?

And if Texas does not think Saban would be willing to walk for big money, why would they even offer? Saban will not get an eight figure offer unless Texas thinks he'll leave Bama for it.

Would Bama truly pay Saban his true market value if all this doesn't happen? No...

So expect the Saban talk to keep heating up and expect to hear he is willing to leave. But I wouldn't go uncorking the champagne just yet. It's all part of the game.

That said, I do believe there is some reason for some controlled hope.

Hook 'em,
    Chronic
    @westsyyyde

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thanks for the info man.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My be hard yo. Thumbs up for the info

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For the record, I never said Texas would offer any coach that amount of money only that they had the means to do so.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    +rep

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I initially left off that 247 mods seem to think Mack has a prayer to stick around (seems like all other insiders are beyond that). However, even they would admit this would likely require winning out. Strangely, they seem to avoid coach/Saban/etc talk because of this. It would be a crazy scenario if he was forced out after 10-2 season and conf le. However, they don't seem to speculate much on 100x more likely scenario of this team not winning out and not winning conf le.

I think those guys are just in tight with Bellmont and keep negativity to a minimal to be friends with the program. To elaborate, Howe was posting stuff on Jameis Winston that we didn't have a chance and was repeating what Mack said. They reported Winston did not show interest or call until late in the process and was not legitimately interested, but I know for a fact this isn't true. I'll say this, I've gone to many camps with my cousin/brother in this timeframe including in Alabama and these guys talk and meet each other and Winston was talking about Longhorns early. People knew. Frankly - he did lose interest late in the process b/c the Longhorns never recruited him - so of course he was not considering us at the end. Sorry to beat horse to death but just pointing out it concerns me reading some of their reporting that it has some spin from the program.

Seems the other insiders are all saying even if Mack wins out it will simply serve as a nice victory lap and nice way to go out in style. But would be crazy scenario if this team did turn things around and won out and Mack wanted to stay. Of course I don't like to speculate on the 1% scenario personally.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    NCAA investigation into Miami's football program finally over:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ncaa-sanctions

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @BFeldmanCBS
    This is the week #UF fired Ron Zook. His record was 20-13 and 14-7 in SEC. Will Muschamp's record: 22-11 and 13-8 in SEC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @BFeldmanCBS
    This is the week #UF fired Ron Zook. His record was 20-13 and 14-7 in SEC. Will Muschamp's record: 22-11 and 13-8 in SEC.
    I would still take him in a ing heartbeat.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I can't believe I haven't been posting these. I beg the board for forgiveness. Meltdown time!

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2013/10/...-aggies-gators

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from '15 LB Malik Jefferson (24/7)

"We (Mack and him) told each other we were going to try to go to the same college," Jefferson said. "We're still working on that. It's just a confirmation thing, like if I truly want to go there because I've been wanting to go there for the longest."

He added, "It puts (A&M) in a much better position lets just say that."

"It's big," he said of the recent commitments of Myles Garrett and Daylon Mack to A&M. "It shows me they are building something great. I just want to see how they're going to produce because of the loss against Auburn made me slow my roll a little bit, just a little bit."

He added, "It shows how good their recruiting class is, and I know how Daylon has been high on them for the longest, and I think people understand that I was high on Texas, but the firing of Coach (Manny) Diaz made a big impact on my recruitment. It's just an eye opener for me. I think I'm going to keep what's in my heart and in my mind to myself right now and try not to rush anything."

"I kind of want to wait things out but we'll se," he said. "I would like to take some official visits first."

Thread Information