Page 133 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I agree, with Ash we can score more points and at a faster pace. We NEED to score if we want to beat Tech and Baylor. That said, I'm not sure you can just hand him his job back until Case loses.
    Ash has proven to have a bit of a glass jaw, if he is healthy they need to ease him in maybe give him a few series with Case getting the majority and Swoops getting mop up duty. Case has proven to be a good leader, he deserves a shot to keep on winning.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    I agree, with Ash we can score more points and at a faster pace. We NEED to score if we want to beat Tech and Baylor. That said, I'm not sure you can just hand him his job back until Case loses.
    I dunno, Case has had some extremely stupid and concerning interceptions the last two games. He's pretty fortunate that it didn't bite him in the butt against OU. And I think Case plays better when he doesn't feel pressure on his back, that someone could take his job. Once Ash is healthy and ready to play, I think Case starts resorting to trying too much, like he usually does, and doing stupid crap.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I dunno, Case has had some extremely stupid and concerning interceptions the last two games. He's pretty fortunate that it didn't bite him in the butt against OU. And I think Case plays better when he doesn't feel pressure on his back, that someone could take his job. Once Ash is healthy and ready to play, I think Case starts resorting to trying too much, like he usually does, and doing stupid crap.
    I thought Tcu figured out the Texas offense in the second half, they stuffed the run, and shoed a defensive look that caused Case to audible into a pass play they were waiting forand that is where the ints came from.

Over the next two weeks the coaches need some new audibles installed to keep the defense guessing. I do agree that with Ash at 100% this offense would be really tough to stop.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jermichael Finley talks about his spinal cord injury:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/29/jermic...-first-person/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Burton from 24/7 picked Texas to eventually land DE Trey Carter of Dallas Pinkston:

Bobby Burton ‏@BobbyBurton247
    Just made my #CrystalBall pick for Treycarter2014 #longhorns going strong

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

Another update from Inside Texas...word is ESPN is going to be quite flexible with the next Texas coach when it comes to his obligations with the Longhorn Network. Basically, the new time commitments are being planned around the new guy so he can stay within his comfort zone and operate as he always has. The report sounded as if this move was for one coach in particular.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods saying another new guy to keep an eye on is 2015 DE Tyrell Thompson of Copperas Cove. He camped at UT this summer and attended Texas/OU a few weeks ago, but I can't find a profile or film on him. I'll post that whenver I come across it.

My biggest concern would be that whenever Ash was playing, Texas decided not to rush the ball as much. It seemed like Malcom Brown did not even get in the game when Ash was playing. If they stick to running first and passing second like with McCoy, I would prefer Ash because he is way more accurate and has a much stronger arm.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Meh. Regardless of Ash or Case, UT needs to run the out of the ball.

No gimmicks, just double tight end sets, go smash mouth, and you should beat us and Baylor by eating clock and wearing the defense down.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ash may be throwing the ball around, but I have on pretty good word that Ash has lingering concussion symptoms. I find it unlikely that he plays again this year.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Word out of Dallas Lincoln is that Emanuel Porter has switched back to TCU? Anyone else hear anything on this?

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Meh. Regardless of Ash or Case, UT needs to run the out of the ball.

No gimmicks, just double tight end sets, go smash mouth, and you should beat us and Baylor by eating clock and wearing the defense down.
    I agree completely. Just they need Ash's arm to make teams pay with play-action passes, because Case has the weakest arm ever.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    There is ONE thing Case is oddly good at, and that's finding Shipley for 3rd down conversions.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I agree completely. Just they need Ash's arm to make teams pay with play-action passes, because Case has the weakest arm ever.
    Ash would beat us 45-17, Case 35-17....something like that.....

But if Major decides to go gimmick, UT will be primed for an upset.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Word out of Dallas Lincoln is that Emanuel Porter has switched back to TCU? Anyone else hear anything on this?
    Can't find anything right now. It would be very odd timing.

It would be very odd timing.
    My thinking also, but the HC there currently is a former TCU player and was briefly on Patterson's staff. He was not at Lincoln when Porter originally committed or switched to UT.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Carl Pelini, brother of Bo, fired from Florida Atlantic due to illegal drug use:

http://college-football.si.com/2013/...elini-resigns/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M commitment CB Nick Harvey recently posed on a picture on Twitter in a Texas hoodie and he did the "Hook 'Em".

He seems to be the most likely to flip in this years class, so that is a thing to keep an eye on.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nick Harvey is a bigger need for the horns than any of the other commits the Ags have right now.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M commitment CB Nick Harvey recently posed on a picture on Twitter in a Texas hoodie and he did the "Hook 'Em".

He seems to be the most likely to flip in this years class, so that is a thing to keep an eye on.
    I don't see that picture. You sure you're not thinking of Nick Watkins?

I wouldn't mind losing 1 or 2 WR commits because we don't need that many and we could use the scholarships on more important positions, but Porter is one of the better receivers committed. And yeah it would be very odd timing.

Post Count
    Nice. We could use Harvey.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Regardless of what the public response Mack has formulated I don't believe Ash plays again this year. Let's just say I know some guys on the team.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great news from 24/7. Both 2015 WR DaMarkus Lodge (Cedar Hill) and 2015 WR James Proche (Dallas Prime Prep) will be in attendance for the Kansas game. I think there is a good chance we could see a commitment from Lodge and an offer to Proche. For those that don't know much about him, I've linked his profile and film below:

http://247sports.com/Player/James-Proche-28226

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/537982...ights/68345376

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't see that picture. You sure you're not thinking of Nick Watkins?

I wouldn't mind losing 1 or 2 WR commits because we don't need that many and we could use the scholarships on more important positions, but Porter is one of the better receivers committed. And yeah it would be very odd timing.
    Yeah, I was thinking of Watkins. I keep mixing those two up. My bad!

Regarding Porter, is is definitely an odd timing. I've never been very high on him, so it doesn't change a whole lot. The only WR left I would like to see is Frank Iheanacho. But he seems to be A&M's to lose.

Thread Information