Page 142 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 5940
    My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Hearing through word of mouth that Leonard Fournette was snoozing during the game. Smdh.
    He's going to Bama, tbh

You guys never had a chance

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He's going to Bama, tbh

You guys never had a chance
    I think everyone but the Texas coaches knew this.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    I think everyone but the Texas coaches knew this.
    Can't blame them for trying... And I think the "gameday" experience is a bit overrated. Auburn wouldn't have had the class they did last year if that was the case

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can't blame them for trying... And I think the "gameday" experience is a bit overrated. Auburn wouldn't have had the class they did last year if that was the case
    Its about winning and getting to the NFL, Saban is great at both.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @Nick_Mathews
    UT running back Joe Bergeron: "It's not like we haven't lost before, and this is THE University of Texas, we know how to handle that."

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    @Nick_Mathews
    UT running back Joe Bergeron: "It's not like we haven't lost before, and this is THE University of Texas, we know how to handle that."
    Huh?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Poor kid doesn't even realize what he's saying.

It's not a good thing that you know how to handle losses, Joe.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Poor kid doesn't even realize what he's saying.

It's not a good thing that you know how to handle losses, Joe.
    Yeah... strange quote.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hearing through word of mouth that Leonard Fournette was snoozing during the game. Smdh.
    Heard that as well. I also heard that he left in the 3rd quarter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas will need to have their ducks in a row now that Mack has pretty much wrapped up his fate in Austin yesterday. One thing though, UT can't put a Mackovic, Akers, or McWilliams out there next year. There must be a talented YOUNG coach that has great drive and energy (unlike the 2013 edition of Mack). Nick Saban would be the only exception to this, but that might not be realistic. Hopefully the new UT powers that be (Patterson) will not be pulled down into some kind of bureaucratic quagmire in finding the next guy.

I wish Mack Brown well in his future endeavors - he took UT to where it needs to be in his tenure. This job can wear you down over time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

Inside Texas reporting this evening that the appropriate parties and Mack have discussed the timeline for his retirement and when/how it will be announced.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas needs a guy that is an offensive innovator, one that runs an offense that scares the rest of the country. A young guy that will be with the program for the next 15 years. A guy that knows Texas high school football and will come in with the respect of the high school coaches. We can hire the best assistants, but we need head man that will always have the offense system in place.

The more I think about it, I'm now convinced Chad Morris is the guy for us. I don't care anymore about getting a guy with head coaching experience, he will come in with the right stuff to take Texas to the next level. He is a fantastic recruiter, he knows Texas high school football, and what he lacks in experience we make up with money to hire the right assistants to move Texas in the right direction.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Texas needs a guy that is an offensive innovator, one that runs an offense that scares the rest of the country. A young guy that will be with the program for the next 15 years. A guy that knows Texas high school football and will come in with the respect of the high school coaches. We can hire the best assistants, but we need head man that will always have the offense system in place.

The more I think about it, I'm now convinced Chad Morris is the guy for us. I don't care anymore about getting a guy with head coaching experience, he will come in with the right stuff to take Texas to the next level. He is a fantastic recruiter, he knows Texas high school football, and what he lacks in experience we make up with money to hire the right assistants to move Texas in the right direction.
    You, of all people, want Chad Morris?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Vito, I have a lot of respect for your posts and you post some good stuff. I have to disagree here, however. The is THE University of Texas. We need a proven HC. Outside of Saban, I don't know who that is. As a previous poster noted, we do not want to ask Mack to step aside only to hand the reins of the program to another Mackovic, Akers or McWilliams. We don't want to sign the offensive equivalent of Diaz either, a promising star, but one which had not yet been fully vetted. Diaz turned out to be fools gold on the defensive side and that cost us plenty this year (over 500 rushing yds BYU??). The only reason to ask Mack to step aside is if we lasso Saban or another proven, top notch HC out there. The next closest thing could be Briles... IDK. I'm not beating a drum for Mack, I don't think we should have given him the current extension (or at least have an out written into the contract for just such an occasion). But I don't want to go from a 3-4 loss season to a 5-6 loss one. If we need to wait another year for the RIGHT HC, then so be it. It is painful, but if we can't get Saban, who is the only sure-thing out there, then we better be careful who we begin paying a few more $M to.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sabin is short term.
    And he is only loyal to himself.
    F him.

I am willing to take some painful seasons in which we play good football and lose in order to establish long term excellence. We should not expect to win a NC every year like Alabama. Ever. This is a freak of a program. Playing good football with high quality players like we did under Royal and Brown would be a joy. Fred Akers gave us a decent stint as well.

Its Austin and UT, there have to be coaches up to the task and salivating. I just don't follow other programs closely enough to know who these types are. But I should think there are numerous people who are up to it. There has to be more than one guy capable given the assets. This should not be a Larry Coker project. Get us on the map and then hand off...

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Here's the next 5* RB... Big Tone

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's the next 5* RB... Big Tone

this may be the worst video I've ever seen, it is so choppy that the play starts and all the sudden the guy is on the ground three yards later, never see him actually get the ball or run over/into people.

this may be the worst video I've ever seen, it is so choppy that the play starts and all the sudden the guy is on the ground three yards later, never see him actually get the ball or run over/into people.
    THIS IS great idk what your talking about hahah

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    New rankings out. Texas drops off the map, Baylor jumps Ohio State in AP:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated bowl projections. Alamo or Buffalo Wild Wings:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    THIS IS great idk what your talking about hahah
    is the video not choppy for you? I even lrt the whole thing load and it was still impossible to watch for me. I guess I'll try again when I get home.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Updated bowl projections. Alamo or Buffalo Wild Wings:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections
    Tech vs USC?

Wow

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In fact, in the entire era of the BCS, only two teams that play on artificial turf at home have competed for a national championship. No team that has played on turf has ever won the crystal ball. Winners play on grass.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Vito, I have a lot of respect for your posts and you post some good stuff. I have to disagree here, however. The is THE University of Texas. We need a proven HC. Outside of Saban, I don't know who that is. As a previous poster noted, we do not want to ask Mack to step aside only to hand the reins of the program to another Mackovic, Akers or McWilliams. We don't want to sign the offensive equivalent of Diaz either, a promising star, but one which had not yet been fully vetted. Diaz turned out to be fools gold on the defensive side and that cost us plenty this year (over 500 rushing yds BYU??). The only reason to ask Mack to step aside is if we lasso Saban or another proven, top notch HC out there. The next closest thing could be Briles... IDK. I'm not beating a drum for Mack, I don't think we should have given him the current extension (or at least have an out written into the contract for just such an occasion). But I don't want to go from a 3-4 loss season to a 5-6 loss one. If we need to wait another year for the RIGHT HC, then so be it. It is painful, but if we can't get Saban, who is the only sure-thing out there, then we better be careful who we begin paying a few more $M to.
    Everything you said is true, but sometimes you just have to roll the dice. The big difference between Diaz and Chad Morris is that Morris has been coaching successfully on the college level since 2010. Diaz had one decent year at MSU and was called the next big thing. The stuff I'm about to quote on Chad Morris comes from his Clemson Bio

In 2010 Tulsa averaged 41.4 points per game, eighth-most in the nation, and scored at least 28 points in 12 of its 13 games. Tulsa was fifth nationally in first downs (25.6) and tied for fifth in touchdowns scored from the red zone (46). His offense scored 64 touchdowns on scrimmage plays (32 rushing, 32 passing). The team totaled 1,006 plays (537 rushes, 469 passes) in 2010.

2011 - Molded Tajh Boyd into a First-Team All-ACC pick who set Tiger records for passing yards and passing touchdowns Led the 2011 Clemson offense to many school records, including total yards per game (440.8) and points (470).

But all the media guide BS aside. The guy can coach the offense, we know this, but he is also a guy that can handle the other things around being a Texas coach. Like the Big Cigars, the LHN, and the most demanding fanbase in all of college football. He lived in Austin for several years, and knows what Austin and UT are all about. He might be an Aggsy but while at Lake Travis he got very close to the Texas coaches and the program.

I posted this on another site

Here is what I think Texas needs to turn things around.

1. A guy that runs a offense that scares the out of the rest of the country.
    2. A guy that knows Texas high school recruiting and Texas high school coaches
    3. A guy that is young enough to give Texas 10 to 15 years of championship level football coaching
    4. A guy that knows Texas because he as been around Austin before
    5. A guy that brings excitement back to Austin

Believe it or not, only one guy can bring all this.

I am now 100% behind us going out and getting Chad Morris.

1. Put Morris's offense at Texas and with our recruiting and resources his offense would be really really scary to the rest of the country.
    2. Who knows Texas high school coaches better than one of their own.
    3. He is 45
    4. He is from Austin and knows UT as well as any Alumni
    5. That offense is right up there with Baylor and Aggsy, he will put butts in seats and recruits will come calling.

He is the only non-head coach I would say is a sure fire can't miss coach. We already know his offense is unstoppable on the college level. The biggest questions are more related to the defensive side and the other aspects of coaching.

Here is what I say

1. Texas has the resources to help him hire the best of the best on the defensive side of the ball. If he chooses to be a CEO on that side of the ball is fine by me, Mack was successful being a CEO on both sides.

2. How will he deal with the politics of big money alumni. Well how did he deal with it at Lake Travis, a school known for the same issues that Texas deals with lots of big money guys wanting to be inside and lots of egos.

3. How will he deal with the pressures of coaching the most demanding school in college football? That is a question for each candidate out there. There is no easy answer for that one.

Unless our next coach is named Nick Saban or Art Briles, I don't think there is a single guy that can do a better job than Chad Morris.

He is now my top choice.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd love for Patterson to get grass back at DKR and the baseball field.

Thread Information