Page 148 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Instantly reminded me of Jack Black in "Tropic Thunder."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZe9qEWVFHU

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Texas is "dream job" for Gus Malzahn, per Sports Illustrated:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2mRYSaiTO
    Pete Thamel

This guy hates Auburn more than anything else on earth. He's been horribly wrong about Auburn before (2010/Cam Newton and the 04' undefeated team) as well as Okie St and others. Frankly, I'm surprised he still has a job. Awful "journalist" and an even worse op-ed columnist.

As for any interest in Malzahn, its bound to come along. Flattering, tbh. But I've heard nothing from any credible sources. This piece certainly wouldn't fall into that category

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Thanks for this too, Floss.

Wonderful

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So the rumored offer to Saban is well beyond 8 million.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That X-Files picture is awesome.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So the rumored offer to Saban is well beyond 8 million.
    Rumors say yes if you consider what kind of investments he'd be hooked up with. Supposedly a good friend of Rex Tillerson, CEO of Exxon.

I'm comfortable saying a good chunk of Mack and Sally's worth aren't from her real estate connections or Mack's base salary.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on OL Josh Cochran from 24/7....they're saying his chronic shoulder problem needs surgery, but he's deciding against it because he doesn't want to be out of commission for that long. His plans are to stay at TE and work his way back to OT as he's currently only 265 lbs. He'll most likely be behind OL Kennedy Estelle and OL Desmond Harrison once spring ball begins. Apparently he doesn't have any plans for an NFL future.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TCU has hired Houston's offensive coordinator, Doug Meacham, to the same position.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...eacham-houston
    Last edited by TFloss32; 12-04-2013 at 01:07 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI Lane Kiffin as Florida's new offensive coordinator is a hot rumor right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He sucks as a head coach but he is a great OC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    P Corbin Daly has de-committed from Texas. He wants to play closer to home, per 24/7.

That means that three new spots has opened up this week. The next two months will be interesting!

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So far so good. Giving a scholarship to a punter was a huge waste, and John Thomas wasn't that great either. I wouldn't mind losing a receiver or 2, as long as it's not Foreman, Porter, or Joe.

Wait what do you mean 3 spots? Who am I missing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I am guessing he is including Shorter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I am guessing he is including Shorter.
    I am. I think he has talked to three different doctors and all them told him, that he shouldn't play football at Texas. I believe he is looking for a fourth opinion on his situation. If he decides to quit football, he wont count against the 85 scholarship limit so technically his spot has/will eventually open up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    P Corbin Daly has de-committed from Texas. He wants to play closer to home, per 24/7.
    Definitely that time of year where kids start really thinking about playing so far away from home.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas reporting that UT is looking at another prospect from the New Mexico Military Ins ute.

Check out DE Edmond Boateng:

http://247sports.com/Player/Edmond-Boateng-32909

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/874460/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sounds like Saban to Texas is happening. Reading some boards.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My Chuck

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sounds like Saban to Texas is happening. Reading some boards.
    Former Oklahoma WR Ryan Broyles works for a blog called "The Football Brainiacs" and he's tweeting it's done.

Obviously doesn't mean anything but it caught my attention with him being an OU guy.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 12-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl it is.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Former Oklahoma WR Ryan Broyles works for a blog called "The Football Brainiacs" and he's tweeting it's done.

Obviously doesn't mean anything but it caught my attention with him being an OU guy.
    We have word now from two trusted sources that Nick Saban to Texas is a done deal. One of the sources said the money he will get is substantial (obviously) but we haven’t got any word on what that number might be.
    UPDATE: for those asking for exact dates on when this is going to happen. We don’t know. We are telling you what we know which is that we have two very good sources that have told us that Nick Saban is going to Texas and one of the sources said that the money is going to be substantial. We would not have run this unless we trusted the sources.
    We received word from one source saying it was going to happen and then we contacted a second source asking for confirmation and the second source confirmed. That’s what we know.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    NICK SABAN STILL THE GUY- TIMELINES?

McPhaul: I’ve been getting catching grief from some folks for saying 3 weeks ago that “I was 100% convinced that Nick Saban was coming to Texas as Mack Brown’s replacement. Consequently, I have my readers continually asking me, “Darrell, has anything changed this week? What are you hearing from your contacts?” That being said, my first question is “has anything changed since we spoke last week?” Is there any reason why I shouldn’t be telling my readers that Saban to Texas is 100%.

Friend of Bevo: Not a thing has changed. Everything is moving forward accordingly. I told you previously that we would be nice and perform a “professional courtesy” in vetting candidates that were of Mack’s liking. I know you heard me because I read your “Thanksgiving Crossfire” and you put it in there. I also told you that we would extend that “professional courtesy” to make him feel good about things but at the end of the day he would have little if any impact on the decision making process. That is just how it is at this point. The decision makers feel like he put this thing in the ditch, and after 4 years he still doesn’t know how to get it out. We’re going in a completely different direction- that ship has sailed.

McPhaul: Alright, I’m going to jump to the next question that everyone has wanted to know about since Chris Davis returned that attempted Field Goal back 109 yards (yes I know it can only be 100 yards in College) for a TD to win the game for Auburn. With Alabama for the time-being being on the outside looking in on the National Championship game, does this impact the Saban hiring time-line?

Friend of Bevo: Did Auburn beating Alabama impact Nick Saban’s time-line on coming to Texas? Is that your question? Son, you know the answer to this already: “ yeah it impacted the time-line. It expedited it!” Now we don’t have to continue with these charades and “cloak and dagger” games. We can go thru our process on our agreed-to terms (between Sexton, Saban, & UT decision makers). This allows Saban the ability to come in and get started at his new gig as opposed to having to worry about an SEC Championship & BCS Championship game.
    http://www.hornsports.com/forums/bur...4-2013-a-3441/

Thread Information