Page 150 of 238 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Okay, let's say the Saban rumors are true, Texas has just thrown down the gauntlet for all football on every level. NFL coaches are about to start asking for Saban level money, and every coach in America is going to be looking for a big raise after a good season for a 5-8 million contract

Getting a new basketball coach just got really interesting, Phil Jackson come on down!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Darrel Williams of Marrero, LA has de-committed from Arizona State.

As far as I know, Porter is still scheduled to visit him next week.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    Post Count
    He begged for one extra second, and as a result, The Return! happened.... Saban did get embarrassed, tbh....
    so he should be embarrassed because he got beat on a fluke play on the last play of the game? Why would he have to beg for the second when the replays showed they had 1 second left?

Post Count
    Okay, let's say the Saban rumors are true, Texas has just thrown down the gauntlet for all football on every level. NFL coaches are about to start asking for Saban level money, and every coach in America is going to be looking for a big raise after a good season for a 5-8 million contract

Getting a new basketball coach just got really interesting, Phil Jackson come on down!
    Football is and always be king here in texas, but damn there are so many great high school basketball players who must leave the state of texas to get national appeal. I hope texas will pick up there interest in basketball when it comes to facilities, coaching, and publicity cause keeping players in state alone could catapult the ut program among tops in the nation.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As for these rumors, I still haven't seen anything from anyone credible. The Alabama staff is out recruiting hardcore right now, particularly in-state targets that Auburn either leads for or has committed. Alabama people (that I know) continue to be confident, and they're grads not t-shirters. All of this is originating from UT "sources" or "somebody who knows somebody" type bull . If you think people won't float this kind of stuff to get clicks/traffic, you're incredibly naive.

However, if he were to leave in the next few weeks it would be the ultimate win for Auburn. Satan gets embarrassed in the Iron Bowl, tucks his tail between his legs, and scurries off to Austin. The meltdown in T-Town would be nuclear, a blast of the fusion variety, tbh. It would also DEFINITELY swing a couple more big-time (Rivals100/250) recruits toward the Plains. Either way, I'm confident about Auburn's future. If he stays it will be fun to go against the best, if he leaves it will be fun to watch the fallout and out-recruit those got Bammers while they forage for a new HC (My guess is it would go to Kirby, tbh)
    Saban could end all this speculation by signing his extension. He hasn't.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Sons Saban deal has been done for weeks. Congrats to Texas. You guys will win a national le within the next 3 or 4 years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sons Saban deal has been done for weeks. Congrats to Texas. You guys will win a national le within the next 3 or 4 years.
    And allegedly bringing two to three 5 star recruits with him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And allegedly bringing two to three 5 star recruits with him.
    If it all goes down, I'd expect Ricky Town to be Texas' 2015 QB.

If it all goes down, I'd expect Ricky Town to be Texas' 2015 QB.
    First post on here, long time reader...here's a free article on Orangebloods about the Saban rumors:

As I have reported, there will be a meeting after the Baylor game involving
    Texas president Bill Powers, new athletic director Steve Patterson and Mack Brown in which they will discuss things
    and see if everyone is on the same page.

As I have previously stated, I
    think there will be a mutual parting of ways at that time.

AP Photo
    Is Mack Brown be nearing the end of his Texas
    coaching career?
    I've
    been told repeatedly that meeting hasn't happened yet so as not to be a
    distraction for Mack and the Longhorns' attempt to claim at least a share of the
    Big 12 le this weekend.

It's becoming clear, however, the lack of such
    a meeting up to this point has agitated Mack Brown as expressed on LHN during
    the Texas Tech post-game show:

"What I've said every time I've been asked
    is I'd like to meet the new athletic director (Steve Patterson) and be able to
    sit down and say, 'Hi, I'm Mack Brown. How are you? Let's talk about our future
    together.'

"Instead of putting him on the spot with me saying what he's
    going to do or what he's not going to do.

"And he's been great. He met
    our staff yesterday morning and got to visit with us for the first time. It's
    the second time I've talked to him with 17 of my best friends standing there.

"So as soon as we get through with Baylor, I'll be excited to sit down
    with Steve and talk to him about the future of Texas football and where we're
    going."

Mack has had to answer constant questions from recruits, whom he
    has told he plans to be back in 2014 with a roster that can win a championship.
    The families of all of the football staff members at Texas are hoping Mack still
    has the political capital to call his own shot.

But Mack has to know the
    signals aren't good. No current coaches or athletic department staff were
    consulted in the hiring of Steve Patterson. And there have been no emphatic
    statements of Brown's return from Powers or Patterson. Both Powers and Patterson
    have turned down interview requests lately.

If Texas beats Baylor and
    Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State, earning the Longhorns the outright Big 12 le
    and a trip to the Fiesta Bowl, Mack could call on his good friend/lawyer/UT
    booster Joe Jamail and try to challenge any movement in the direction of a new
    football coach.

Or Brown could walk out on a high, take his $2.75 million
    buyout and ride off into television or see if he's offered another coaching
    job.

A Texas regent and former regent have made it clear there's an
    interest in Nick Saban if and when Brown moved on.

Before the phone
    conversation last January involving the UT regent (Wallace Hall) and former
    regent (Tom Hicks) with Saban's agent, some key UT boosters gauged the interest
    of Saban when Brown went 5-7 in 2010.

So there has basically been an
    on-again, off-again back-and-forth between the Texas camp and Saban camp for
    three years.

But the price would have to be right for Texas. UT would be
    very hesitant to set some ridiculous new bar for college coaching salaries that
    would change the industry scale forever - Nick Saban or not. I was told the
    conversation last year involved a $7 million annual salary.

Even while
    enough conversations may have taken place over the past three years that a deal
    could be struck quickly, I'm told no deal has yet been struck.

I've also
    been told nothing is done with Nick Saban until he's wearing the logo of any
    potential suitor.

If Saban were to leave Alabama, it would be more about
    history than money (although the money would set a record). It would be the
    chance to win a national le at a third school - something that's never been
    done.

Saban has repeatedly said he's too old to start over somewhere
    else. Terry Saban, his wife, said in the Wall Street Journal last week the
    Sabans will end Nick's coaching career in Tuscaloosa. But Terry Saban also made
    it clear there were concerns about if Tide fans still appreciated the success
    the Sabans have brought to Bama or if those expectations were now too
    unrealistic.

A ton of details between Texas' camp and Saban's camp over
    the past few years may have already been discussed and perhaps even agreed upon
    in principle.

But I'm told Patterson, who has negotiated a ton of big
    contracts as a former president and GM of the Portland Trail Blazers, has not
    engaged in any conversations with agents or potential replacements for Mack -
    and wouldn't - until after meeting with Mack and Powers following the Baylor
    game.

There could be a lot of fast-paced movement after Saturday's game.
    Until then, the rumors and speculation will undoubtedly build to out-of-control
    levels.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?...4043&PT=4&PR=2

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Welcome to the board, Programatic.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting article on Mack's buyout #s. Seems pretty cheap compared to what is owed on the contracts: $3.5M if bought out before Dec 31. $2.75M after Jan 1st, 2014 and $2.25M after Jan 1, 2015.

I still wouldn't mind Harbaugh. What a great story that would be, Harbaugh fighting for his 1st Texas Championship vs Saban going for his 3rd or 4th Bama one...

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    , you guys may be right, I don't know. If you are, Auburn will probably end up with a top 3 class

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If the Saban thing falls apart, don't be surprised if Gus M is one of the guys interviewed for the Texas job.

The guys I'm hoping we go after are (besides Saban):

1. John Harbaugh Already expressed interest in coming back to the college game.
    2. Sean Payton - brightest young coach in all of football
    3. Chad Morris - Too many positives to not go after him
    4. Gus Mazatlan - His style fits in well with the Big 12
    5. Brian Kelly - He would kill with the talent Texas brings in.

There are a few others but those are my favorites.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If the Saban thing falls apart, don't be surprised if Gus M is one of the guys interviewed for the Texas job.

The guys I'm hoping we go after are (besides Saban):

1. John Harbaugh Already expressed interest in coming back to the college game.
    2. Sean Payton - brightest young coach in all of football
    3. Chad Morris - Too many positives to not go after him
    4. Gus Mazatlan - His style fits in well with the Big 12
    5. Brian Kelly - He would kill with the talent Texas brings in.

There are a few others but those are my favorites.
    Why don't you go ahead and throw the Hoodie on that wish list.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why don't you go ahead and throw the Hoodie on that wish list.
    if we are willing to pay up to 10 million a year for a coach, I'd add bill belichick to that list.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    LB Jimmie Swain has de-committed from TCU.

WR Josh Reynolds has committed to A&M.

2015 Allen QB Kyler Murray was named the Gatorade Player of the Year today. Kyler has thrown for 2,967 yard and 37 TD's so far this year as well as running for 767 yards and 15 TDs.

Post Count
    I don't buy the Saban talk. UT Athletics as an ins ution is too in love with Mack to let him go this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't buy the Saban talk. UT Athletics as an ins ution is too in love with Mack to let him go this year.
    Mack is gone. Deal with it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack is gone. Deal with it.
    lol. Because Jesus Shuttlesworth and Chip Brown said so? Those s are never wrong. I'm going to laugh my ing ass off if Mack beats Baylor. There will be mass suicide. It will be glorious.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol. Because Jesus Shuttlesworth and Chip Brown said so? Those s are never wrong. I'm going to laugh my ing ass off if Mack beats Baylor. There will be mass suicide. It will be glorious.
    The hard you have for Mack is disturbing. The asshole is gone no matter what and you can't do about it.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    if Mack beats Baylor, he isn't going anywhere.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    The hard you have for Mack is disturbing. The asshole is gone no matter what and you can't do about it.
    Kermit isn't a MBTF fan at all iirc.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Please post anything written by me that qualifies me having a hard on for Mack Brown. I'll wait.

And while I'm waiting, I'll continue to laugh at foolish assholes who believe the they read on subscription sites. Those ers know as much as you and I. Nothing. All I know is that piece of could win the Big 12. Do you really believe in your feeble mind that if he does, they'll fire him? Are you that much of an idiot? Even if he loses to Baylor there's a significant chance that he retains his job. Who's going to fire him? He's entrenched. He has the backing of the big donors with acutal power. Not these new money pussies who think they can facilitate change. If he steps down, it will be because he wants to. What is so hard to understand about this? He's a power hungry, egomaniacal bag who won't quit. You really think some pussy from Arizona State is going to fire him without the say-so from the mega-donors? And even if Mack steps down, the University of Texas isn't paying $10 million a year plus 1% of the LHN to Nick Saban. That's got to be the most re ed thing I've ever heard.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    if Mack beats Baylor, he isn't going anywhere.
    No. He's gone. Where there's smoke, there's fire. whether or not they get Saban remains to be seen. But Mack is gone. It's just a matter of how high or how low of a note he leaves on at this point. I'm sure everyone would prefer a high note.

Thread Information