Page 151 of 238 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 5940
    My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Please post anything written by me that qualifies me having a hard on for Mack Brown. I'll wait.

And while I'm waiting, I'll continue to laugh at foolish assholes who believe the they read on subscription sites. Those ers know as much as you and I. Nothing. All I know is that piece of could win the Big 12. Do you really believe in your feeble mind that if he does, they'll fire him? Are you that much of an idiot? Even if he loses to Baylor there's a significant chance that he retains his job. Who's going to fire him? He's entrenched. He has the backing of the big donors with acutal power. Not these new money pussies who think they can facilitate change. If he steps down, it will be because he wants to. What is so hard to understand about this? He's a power hungry, egomaniacal bag who won't quit. You really think some pussy from Arizona State is going to fire him without the say-so from the mega-donors? And even if Mack steps down, the University of Texas isn't paying $10 million a year plus 1% of the LHN to Nick Saban. That's got to be the most re ed thing I've ever heard.
    No clue whether or not Saban will come. That remains to be seen. But Mack is gone. No question about that.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't see him winning the B12 then getting fired. crofl if that happens.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't see him winning the B12 then getting fired. crofl if that happens.
    He's out no matter what. Patterson is going to overhaul everything.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No. He's gone. Where there's smoke, there's fire. whether or not they get Saban remains to be seen. But Mack is gone. It's just a matter of how high or how low of a note he leaves on at this point. I'm sure everyone would prefer a high note.
    Where's the smoke coming from? That same smoke's been hanging around for years. He's still here. They must have let Ramonce Taylor back in the building.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Where's the smoke coming from? That same smoke's been hanging around for years. He's still here. They must have let Ramonce Taylor back in the building.
    Not to the degree its been around this year.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Where's the smoke coming from? That same smoke's been haning around for years. He's still here. They must have let Ramonce Taylor back in the building.

UT fan that is barely figuring out how badly Mack sucks at his job is cute. the rest of us have known for years and years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

UT fan that is barely figuring out how badly Mack sucks at his job is cute. the rest of us have known for years and years.
    Lol. Brah, many of us have beat that drum since the Simms years. I can't believe the la ude a MNC will bring a mother er. It's one thing to hate a coach and still have him bring in the talent to compete and beat the ty Texas Tech's of the world. It's another when that talent starts going to other schools. Unfortunately, the lesser talent still beats the ty Tech's of the world.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Talking about beating Baylor

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Talking about beating Baylor
    That buttertoothed mother er comes back from the dead so often that it wouldn't suprise me. I'm sure Derp McCoy has one more miracle left in that voyeurish body of his.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol. Brah, many of us have beat that drum since the Simms years. I can't believe the la ude a MNC will bring a mother er. It's one thing to hate a coach and still have him bring in the talent to compete and beat the ty Texas Tech's of the world. It's another when that talent starts going to other schools. Unfortunately, the lesser talent still beats the ty Tech's of the world.
    when UT and OU suck the conference sucks. your big name schools, in a way, set the standard and kind of recruit for the conference. nobody wants to come to Tech to beat UT when they suck. more would come if they knew they had a chance to knock off 2-3 powerhouse teams each year and get their name out there.

I was at UT/TT in 02. I thought Mack would be gone within the year tbh.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That buttertoothed mother er comes back from the dead so often that it wouldn't suprise me. I'm sure Derp McCoy has one more miracle left in that voyeurish body of his.
    god damn Kermit. you're killing me this morning.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I can't argue with that. Fair points.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Gary Kubiak fired by the Texans.

We'll see if the Sumlin rumors get hot again.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...n-texans-fired

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Internetz freaking out about this guy's tweet. No idea who he is:

BamaDynasty ‏@Bama_Dynasty
    #Bama's Coach Saban has a new deal in place and he got BIG money and a few more years. Should be made public very soon. #BamaDynasty

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Gary Kubiak fired by the Texans.

We'll see if the Sumlin rumors get hot again.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...n-texans-fired
    McNair has stated he wants someone with pro experience that can right the ship immediately.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

#Bama's Coach Saban has a new deal in place and he got BIG money and a few more years. Should be made public very soon. #BamaDynasty
    hmm
    Last edited by Michael Jordan.; 12-06-2013 at 02:32 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They’d go on to win 35–13, buying Brown one more week of relative calm. But in subsequent weeks, after the Horns squeaked by woeful West Virginia 47–40 in overtime and then got drummed by Oklahoma State, 38–13—the most lopsided home loss of Brown’s tenure—the calls for Brown’s head would resume. Not even a 41–16 manhandling of Texas Tech on Thanksgiving day would quiet the critics. When Jamail defended the coach to an Austin American–Statesman sportswriter after the OSU debacle, fans aimed their vitriol at him, threatening to topple his statues on campus, Saddam Hussein–style. The old lawyer, who went to his first UT game in 1942, refused to let up, partly because he wanted to shift attention off Mack, but mostly because he loves a good fight even more than beating OU. “Tell them to send me my money back, and then they can pull the statues down,” Jamail said over the phone the morning after the Tech game. “I don’t know who the those f—ing crybabies on the Internet are. Could be Aggies or the Taliban, for all I know. Or f—ing al Qaeda. Because every real UT fan is proud of this team and the way they’ve turned their season around.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    McNair has stated he wants someone with pro experience that can right the ship immediately.
    This article mentions David Shaw of Stanford being high on the list:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...columnist-says

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two things have happened this season that points to Texas falling off their perch.

1 We have switched places with Ags in the minds of Texas recruits. There is no denying that. It has happened before when Fran took over, but it was short lived because Texas was still winning.

2. The LHN is getting little viewship and it's killing our opportunity to be in front of recruits. Ags like to point out that they are getting great ratings, to me it means nothing unless you are the NBA or NHL. But it does mean that there are less Texas high school recruits watching Texas football, and that means a lot.

Mack struggled to beat great teams with top level recruits, what is going to happen when he is coaching 3-star athletes. He might like his job and the perks, but he has never been one to do it very well, he usually relied on his assistants to do it for him. Well they also aren't doing it very well.

Now I don't know what is going to happen, but Texas needs a change or we will be back to 1985.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's a lot of fun to sit back and watch how this unfolds. It's not a surprise to see some smoke coming from the Alabama side today because of the possibility that the Texas job officially opens this weekend and Alabama isn't playing again until their bowl. I think we're getting really close to an official decision.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol this post lost a lot confidence since the last time I looked in here.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    With Sarkisian leaving for USC, he's the first Washington head coach to leave for another job since DKR left for Texas in 1956.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This article mentions David Shaw of Stanford being high on the list:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...columnist-says
    It's possible as he does have some NFL experience, but I wouldn't believe McClain as far as I can throw him...and I can't even pick his fat ass up.

Hearing McNair's tone and hearing him say things like "this is not a long-term rebuilding process -- I want to make that clear" I really doubt he will take a college head coach that has no NFL head coaching experience. He's likely going for either a solid NFL assistant or a current/former head coach.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know these are projections but the NIU loss makes things interesting for tomorrow.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Saban's going to be on Gameday at various times tomorrow to those that haven't heard. I'm hearing part of the reason is to talk about his extension he just signed today to stay at Bama. Will be interesting to see if that proves true or not.

Would be painful to see Saban, Malzahn (just signed 6-year extension and sure rush had to do with impending Texas job), and Peterson all come off the table.

Thread Information