Page 153 of 238 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not every team loses its best QB, RB, LB & DT (tied for best).
    That's why you recruit. They had players step in. Except for Herp. Oh, and the Manny Diaz fiasco. him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not every team loses its best QB, RB, LB & DT (tied for best).
    Passing on two Heisman winners, three if you count RGIII.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Awfully su ious that all these coaces except Saban have signed their extensions

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who ever Texas ends up with, he ain't going to be a dog, you know he will bring a big splash and shake things up.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here is my case for Mack to be gone

1. 4 blowout losses to Rival Oklahoma
    2. Keeping worthless assistants too long. This starts with GDGD and ends with Manny Diaz, but the part that really irks me is that Fat Dog is still on the payroll doing absolutely nothing.
    3. Zero accountability for both players and coaches. This dates back to 2010 when everyone quit on this team including most assistants and even Mack himself. They don't hold the players accountable for their play so the players don't give their best all the time.
    4. Recruiting Blunders on the oline and QB. I give him a pass for Garrett Gilbert, but Case McCoy is so bad when he thought about quitting and going to another school Abilene Christian didn't want him. So I ask, what the is he doing here at Texas. There is no excuse for Texas to have so many misses at oline. Not when I'm watching aggsy produce on of the best Olines I've seen in many many years.
    5. Falling behind Aggsy in recruiting, he is losing at the one thing he does best, if he can't do that, what good is He?
    TLDR. The specifics don't matter anymore, he had 3 seasons to clean up his mess and he failed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Awfully su ious that all these coaces except Saban have signed their extensions
    And I'd be surprised if he signed anything before Texas informs him of an official decision on Mack. It's bad business otherwise.

Which is why I didn't understand people freaking out yesterday over tweets from a random Alabama blogger that a deal was done.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And I'd be surprised if he signed anything before Texas informs him of an official decision on Mack. It's bad business otherwise.

Which is why I didn't understand people freaking out yesterday over tweets from a random Alabama blogger that a deal was done.
    Since the rumor came out that Harbaugh is considering a move to the college ranks, I've enjoyed the prospect of a Harbaugh - Saban rivalry. It would be great for college football, a potential legendary rivalry. Harbaugh is younger and could coach for another 20 years. He would do amazing things with the resources available here.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Since the rumor came out that Harbaugh is considering a move to the college ranks, I've enjoyed the prospect of a Harbaugh - Saban rivalry. It would be great for college football, a potential legendary rivalry. Harbaugh is younger and could coach for another 20 years. He would do amazing things with the resources available here.
    I haven't heard this rumor. Does one have to pay $9.95 for it?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's more of my wishing it actually. Here is the link to about the only story on it. More likely that the website is trying to bring in traffic than anything else. Still... wishful thinking, but it would be a huge boost to the program.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Every team deals with injuries. That Case was the backup should be the final nail in his coffin .
    The nepotistic crony nature of the program just went to far. Loyalty to hires is to be admired, but all effective leaders know when they are lugging around dead weight or rotten hires.

Again for those of you have forgotten where we were, Mack brought UT back. Just take a look at how we recruited before him.

Its past time Mack steps down gracefully. He got comfy. This is not a job where one avoids unpleasant decisions to stay comfy and well liked.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Every team deals with injuries. That Case was the backup should be the final nail in his coffin .
    still don't understand burning that redshirt to never play Swoopes, especially yesterday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He got valuable experience handing off the ball a few times.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, a team meeting is scheduled for this evening at 7 p.m.

It could be to discuss bowl plans, but hopefully it's all what we want it to be.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, a team meeting is scheduled for this evening at 7 p.m.

It could be to discuss bowl plans, but hopefully it's all what we want it to be.
    My is hard at this very moment

Lamar littrell on IT just said Tuesday is D day. his first post says he will tender his resignation tuesday and no later than thursday

el mero mero
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    still don't understand burning that redshirt to never play Swoopes, especially yesterday.
    Because he is not the future. Heard is. They need 2 years of space between the two.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    With Mack resigning Tuesday, I have the urge to go something.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Because he is not the future. Heard is. They need 2 years of space between the two.
    Maybe, but sometimes the guy everyone writes off ends up being the guy.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Harbaugh rumor has been floated a couple of times and 24/7 said this morning that Texas has him as #2 behind Saban with Fisher of FSU being #3.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas reported this morning that Mack had agreed before the Baylor game to accept his buyout of $2.75 million plus an extra package that isn't specified in his contract. He will be in New York today for a meeting with Patterson.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas reported this morning that Mack had agreed before the Baylor game to accept his buyout of $2.75 million plus an extra package that isn't specified in his contract. He will be in New York today for a meeting with Patterson.
    Yup. Resigning Tuesday looks like.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Mack Turd got going to be coaching Aggy soon once Sumlin leaves

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oh Gawd yes!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If there is a deal in place, with open records, we'll all eventually know what he was paid to resign.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I want to believe.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Notwithstanding some sip article ('Sumlin wanted the USC job') which most realize was BS, our coach just signed a 6-year extension. I hear there's a vacancy at Boise though.

Thread Information