Page 158 of 238 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Seriously do you guys really think Alabama would just be sitting idly by and not react if they thought their coach was leaving, plus provide them with personal jets to find a house for their new job?
    If Saban wanted Bama he would have signed the extension by now. If Saban didn't want Texas, Then Texas would have gone with Mulzahn. Mulzahn and Saban both have the same agent.

If Saban wanted Bama he would have signed the extension by now. If Saban didn't want Texas, Then Texas would have gone with Mulzahn. Mulzahn and Saban both have the same agent.
    So you don't want to answer the question?

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    I'll play Devil's advocate. Would you stop doing your current job if it prevented a smooth transition to your next job? Continuing to recruit would be my built-in diversion to make everyone think "business as usual." I'd add that several Texas coaches are on the road today recruiting and all of them know they're working elsewhere next year. We shall see.
    I think he would be delegating more to his assistants, tbh.

To answer your question, though, no. Of course not. But he has been on quite the recruiting blitz since the Iron Bowl

As for Mack and his staff, are there any credible, cite-worthy sources reporting that they're gone? I know there aren't any on the Saban side...

Maybe I'm jaded by the whole Cam Newton saga, but there was enough "smoke" around that one that you could see it from space. Countless "insiders", including some from the national media (like Thamel), were reporting imminent doom for Auburn. Turns out that nobody knew what the they were talking about, yet pay sites made a killing from the increased traffic and new memberships.

I get it, though. You guys have every right to be hungry for a new HC, and Saban is the holy grail. Although I must admit that the foam at the mouth fervor surrounding this situation is entertaining as to watch. Auburn has been there too, including the tracking of private planes and real-estate transactions

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Seriously do you guys really think Alabama would just be sitting idly by and not react if they thought their coach was leaving, plus provide them with personal jets to find a house for their new job?
    Butthurt Bammer salty that Saban is Austin bound

Butthurt Bammer salty that Saban is Austin bound
    More of a barner than a bammer but nice try. Glad you amuse yourself easily among other things.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack will step down officially tomorrow.

Post Count
    I'll be honest here... I want Mack back if we can't get Nick Saban. Yeah, I said it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'll be honest here... I want Mack back if we can't get Nick Saban. Yeah, I said it.
    no, not after JJ threw Case under the bus like he did. There isn't a single thing said by JJ that wasn't calculated and given the Okay by Mack. The guy is power hungry and will do anything to save his job. Well, anything short of actually doing his job. I'm done with the got, I hope he gets aids in his mouth for all I care. He is a POS for letting JJ call out his QB like that.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    burning swoopes redshirt is enough to get him fired

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    no, not after JJ threw Case under the bus like he did. There isn't a single thing said by JJ that wasn't calculated and given the Okay by Mack. The guy is power hungry and will do anything to save his job. Well, anything short of actually doing his job. I'm done with the got, I hope he gets aids in his mouth for all I care. He is a POS for letting JJ call out his QB like that.
    How much of a pussy do you have to be that you need your butt-buddy donor to throw a player under the bus for you? Mack Turd got will make a perfect Aggy coach after Sumlin leaves, tbh....

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'll be honest here... I want Mack back
    We all figured that out quite some time ago.

Post Count
    burning swoopes redshirt is enough to get him fired
    Lets be honest, if swoopes is as good as you and some UT fans think he was only going to play 2 years at UT before going to the NFL anyways. If he would have played 4 years at UT after red shirtting the chances of him being just an average (David ash) qb are pretty high.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    that is ED UP. mike gundy needs to give a speech in Austin i saaaaaiiiiiidddddd

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    classic example of putting one person above the program. glad most of the UT fanbase has realized what's happening. we tried to tell you for years.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lets be honest, if swoopes is as good as you and some UT fans think he was only going to play 2 years at UT before going to the NFL anyways. If he would have played 4 years at UT after red shirtting the chances of him being just an average (David ash) qb are pretty high.
    Swoopes is raw and needs time to develop. I wouldn't agree with your argument under any cir stances; however, it may have held water if Swoopes contributed in some meaningful way - or at least got some meaningful playing time (ie some packages of plays). But to burn his shirt for garbage time is inexcusable. Not to mention you don't have to look far to find QBs that don't break out until JR or SR year (after redshirting). You can assume he would be drafted early but that doesn't make sense being we really don't know what the kid will do.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, Mack is in Miami today visiting five-star RB Dalvin Cook.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How do I give you neg rep?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

According to Inside Texas, Powers did not make the trip to NYC and is scheduled to have a meeting with Saban today. No word yet if it's in person or via conference call. Also, the update mentioned that Powers is worried about the Board of Regents meeting on Thursday as it may not be a routine get together.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    Post Count
    Mack cared about his job more than the program. Swoopes should have been allowed to play more this season. Case played to save Mack's job.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A couple of recruiting updates from 24/7...

-Davis and Wyatt will have an in-home visit with S Jamal Adams tomorrow.

-Texas is recruiting a new prospect, ATH James Washington of Stamford who is committed to OK State, they like him at CB.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/186396...ights/35148373

-LB/S Edwin Freeman took an official visit to A&M over the weekend, but Texas remains #1 on his list.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to 24/7, a decision on Mack's future is expected "within the next 48 hours."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to 24/7, a decision on Mack's future is expected "within the next 48 hours."
    24/7 is slow as . Mack is done, he's doing a farewell tour with recruits in Florida.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information