Page 196 of 238 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 5940
    My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    Hearing #OKState's great OL coach Joe Wickline is in the mix for #Texas staff. Would be a big coup for Strong to land him.
    Getting Wickline, Morris, Gray, and Jeffcoat would be amazing for the Longhorns. It would shut up everyone calling out Strong the last few days.

I'm hopeful that our losses at the DT position for the 2014 class won't remain a huge problem for much longer. We seem to have great opportunity to replace our decommits with solid options. List of who we lost and who we could potentially gain along with their position ranking according to ESPN. Texas DT Decommits:
    Trey Lealaimatafao- 4 Star/27th
    Zaycoven Henderson- 4 Star/36th
    Courtney Garnett- 4 Star/39th
    Texas DT Targets:
    Poona Ford- 4 Star/23rd
    Michael Sawyers- 4 Star/26th
    Chris Nelson- 3 Star/75th

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Hey I finally get to throw one out:

Tech ripped 4 star CB Nigel Bethel away from Miami.

now if we can just get another four star recruit in the next 5 years or so, we'll be on our way

DT Poona Ford only one of all to have made ESPN300 at 271st.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Poona Ford only one of all to have made ESPN300 at 271st.
    UT badly needs depth. Who gives a about the 300 if they can play.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 have an update regarding DT Travonte Valentine.

He says his relationship with Strong goes back to Strongs days at Florida. He would like to visit if the dates works out for him.

UT badly needs depth. Who gives a about the 300 if they can play.
    I'm not huge on rankings and truly do believe that Coach Strong can develop whoever we have on roster better than the previous staff. Main reason for posting rankings was for those with deep concerns that we did not have legitimate chances with just as good if not better replacements.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I was browsing LSU's 24/7 site this morning and saw these notes:

-DT Travonte Valentine of Palm Bay, FL had an official visit to LSU scheduled for the 17th, but has sinced pushed it back to the 24th. He now has the 17th open and is very familiar with Strong and his staff.

-they expect LB Otaro Alaka to ultimately switch his commitement to A&M because he knows their staff well and his sister is currently enrolled there.

-DT Trey Lealaimatafao has a sister at Southern University in Baton Rouge. Because of the family connection, LSU should be a finalist along with Oregon.

Post Count
    I'm sorry, but after giving consideration to the star rankings the last few years and seeing how things have turned out at Texas, the star rankings just don't mean anything to me anymore. The literally mean absolutely nothing to me. If the kid(s) can play, then get him (or them).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 have an update regarding DT Travonte Valentine.

He says his relationship with Strong goes back to Strongs days at Florida. He would like to visit if the dates works out for him.
    He may have an open date now for a reason.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting DT Chris Nelson of Lakeland, FL has officially de-committed from Louisville.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Stole this from another board. Petrino arrives in Louisville:

Post Count
    I was browsing LSU's 24/7 site this morning and saw these notes:

-DT Travonte Valentine of Palm Bay, FL had an official visit to LSU scheduled for the 17th, but has sinced pushed it back to the 24th. He now has the 17th open and is very familiar with Strong and his staff.

-they expect LB Otaro Alaka to ultimately switch his commitement to A&M because he knows their staff well and his sister is currently enrolled there.

-DT Trey Lealaimatafao has a sister at Southern University in Baton Rouge. Because of the family connection, LSU should be a finalist along with Oregon.
    Valentine >>>> Z. Henderson

Poon > Nelson (but looks like we may land Nelson which is better than nothing)

Post Count
    I didn't know his sister goes there... looks like I'll be eating crow on that one.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I didn't know his sister goes there... looks like I'll be eating crow on that one.
    First I had heard of that as well.

I'm sure that was a big reason why he gave them such a hard look before choosing Texas.

@Ian_A_Boyd: RE Texas potentially hiring Scott Frost: Oregon's offense and system is engrained in the way they run practices there. Up-tempo all the time

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Foster doesn't have any Texas connections.

Also, I wouldn't want to go to school with my sister but that's just me.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @Ian_A_Boyd: RE Texas potentially hiring Scott Frost: Oregon's offense and system is engrained in the way they run practices there. Up-tempo all the time
    My worries with Frost:

-he's never been an offensive coordinator before 2013

-he was the WRs coach when Kelly was at Oregon. How closely linked is he to that offense?

-like Pop said above, I can't find anything that says he's familiar with Texas recruiting, Midwest guy

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods and 24/7 both saying Chad Morris' buyout is going to be too difficult to work with and we can cross him off the list.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 updated their list of coaching candidates for the DL:

Chris Rumph (Alabama)
    Oscar Giles (Texas)
    Buddy Wyatt (Kansas)
    Brick Haley (LSU)
    Chris Kiffin (Ole Miss, brother of Lane)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @TaylorHamm247
    Breaking: Sebastian LaRue has asked Coach Sumlin for his release from Texas A&M and will be transferring. No final destination set

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Steve Jones ‏@SteveJones_CJ
    Poona Ford's coach said he is "extremely disappointed that no one from U of L reached out to him past the 6 days".

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Max Olson MAX_olson
    Five programs ranked top 10 in both pass D and run D from 2010-13: Alabama, LSU, FSU, Michigan St, Louisville.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods and 24/7 both saying Chad Morris' buyout is going to be too difficult to work with and we can cross him off the list.
    I'm guessing that means Chad Morris is going to be our OC.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    if i was a high profile recruit i'd be jumping on this bandwagon asap. wtf is wrong with these kids?

Thread Information