Page 198 of 238 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    currently committed to a&m and is the only RB of the current class. maybe he feels that 1) sumlin is pass first and 2) he'll have to redshirt and wait behind other RBs for at least 2 years before he gets a chance. i would say he is certainly capable of committing somewhere else.
    Nixon is now saying he won't take visits because he doesn't want to upset the A&M staff, but I think he's actually frustrated that the news leaked. Anyway, what's weird is there was talk that another A&M commitment, DE Qualen Cunningham (Chandler, AZ), would be visiting Austin with him. They were also supposedly lining up a trip to Arizona State. We'll see if it goes anywhere.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 mentioned this evening that recruits are actually having to call Texas and Strong right now because Strong's contract has not been officially approved by the Board of Regents. I'm not sure when everything is supposed to be done.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just an FYI that there's a rumor (not from the moderators) on OrangeBloods right now that Strong intends to announce his staff on Monday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I saw Nixon play Dallas Jesuit in person in the playoffs and he was pretty darn impressive. Jesuit could not get the guy down on the ground very easily at all.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him on the 40 Acres.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 top QB Josh Rosen from California says he would like to visit Michigan and Texas, but he isn't sure whether he could make those visits fit into his own timeline, per ESPN. They are the only to schools outside of California that he mentions. It seems highly unlikely that he doesn't end up in California.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I thought our safeties were particularly weak this season. I noticed some top recruit safeties from Texas are already spoken for.

Whats the deal? Is their hope that our current roster contains gems I have not yet seen?

Imo we we were horrible at a spot where an instinctive good tackler/turnover guy can be huge.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Burton reporting on Twitter that Herman will remain at OSU. I guess it's Watson for OC.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    However Orangebloods reporting this morning that he was the front runner.

Saturday

8:40 am - Two
    sources this morning told Orangebloods.com Ohio State's Tom Herman
    appears to be the frontrunner for the OC job. A third source told OB on
    Friday if Herman gets the offer, he will accept. A fourth source told OB
    "you'll know something in the next 24 hours."

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tired of all this back and forth. I want them to start recruiting again

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's gonna be ty ass Watson.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's gonna be ty ass Watson.
    Like i Said, if it's Watson, then Charlie Strong will be at Texas for about 4 seasons and he will be fired. He will be the second coming of David McWilliams all defense and no offense. We already know that Watson can't handle the level of play associated with the Big 12 and if this is Strong's choice then too bad for him.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Like i Said, if it's Watson, then Charlie Strong will be at Texas for about 4 seasons and he will be fired. He will be the second coming of David McWilliams all defense and no offense. We already know that Watson can't handle the level of play associated with the Big 12 and if this is Strong's choice then too bad for him.
    I've seen where Watson is being considered for some NFL gigs. How bad could he be? He may have progressed since his time at Nebraska.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He's a midterm enrollee so it's going to happen quick. He doesn't have much time to change his mind again.
    looks like you were right (and he's already bigger than anyone the ags had on the front four last year once kirby ennis went out with his knee injury)

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    no neck

@sbterry247: BREAKING. #Alabama DL coach Chris Rumph has accepted a position at Texas.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pretty solid DL coach in Rumph?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @sbterry247: BREAKING. #Alabama DL coach Chris Rumph has accepted a position at Texas.
    That was out of nowhere! I guess its a good hire. Don't know much about him.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Burton said there's a "recruiting nugget" tied to the Rumph hire. Only major Texas recruits he's targeted are Myles Garrett and Solly Thomas, but there are some Florida guys. http://247sports.com/Coach/Chris-Rum...eRating%3ADESC

EDIT: Sounds like it's OLB Christian Miller from South Carolina.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Burton said there's a "recruiting nugget" tied to the Rumph hire. Only major Texas recruits he's targeted are Myles Garrett and Solly Thomas, but there are some Florida guys. http://247sports.com/Coach/Chris-Rum...eRating%3ADESC

EDIT: Sounds like it's OLB Christian Miller from South Carolina.
    It is. Rumph was lead recruiter for him and he might want to visit Texas in the near future. Alabama guys says things have been "smoothed out" with him and the Alabama staff.

@AndrewJBone: Hearing a lot of people in Tuscaloosa surprised by Coach Rumph leaving for #Texas. Longhorns will love him. Great recruiter/coach!

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...333/class/2014

I added this link so we can look at the Defensive lineman that we could possible draw interest from as a result of this hire. I looked at the guys that are already committed to Alabama and those that are considering. The names that stood out to me were DT O.J. Smith of Bossier City, La just from a location standpoint. Then there's DT Matt Elam who is from Elizabethtown, Ky. I know he was considering Alabama strongly along with the University of Kentucky. I'm pretty sure that Coach Strong recruited him and they are familiar by him being from Kentucky. I know he was indecisive at the Army All-America game about his decision and chose to delay his announcement. I don't know where his indecision stems from, could be depth or distance, so maybe Texas looks like a better fit to him at this point. There are some other "pipe dream" guys as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Christian Miller isn't pleased with Rumph leaving Alabama. Neither is 2015 5-star DE Mekhi Brown and '14 DT Matt Elam seems very surprised.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anybody have a idea why he left for Texas?

Post Count
    Anybody have a idea why he left for Texas?
    I don't know bro..

Jason_Higdon: Charlie Strong has hired Chris Vaughn at the CB spot and Tommie Robinson as the RB coach folks.

Thread Information