Page 231 of 238 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So Sumlin offered the kid then pulled it away? Surely Strong can use for a little negative recruiting fuel you would think
    I guess it's a result of trying to keep Nixon happy and they already have two 2015s in Anderson/Bradford.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @DamonSayles: 4-star RB/FB Daniel Gresham (@DanielGresham33) is now down to #PonyUp & #BirdsUp. A decision will come Sunday.

I know many folks don't care to hear updates on Gresham but I find it extremely odd that he went from being committed to Texas to know having to decide between SMU and UTSA. Very odd recruitment to say the least.
    How ironic that he messed with UT, commited to go home to Louisville, UT took his coach and then Strong didn't want him at Texas.

What a crazy way it all worked out for him, but I'm glad he'll find a home and probably play a lot.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The football aspect aside, how could that even be a choice? UTSA is a cheap commuter school, while SMU has history, and is a of a school to get degree from. Just the contacts he will make will give him such a leg up for the rest of his life. I have nothing against UTSA, my wife teaches there, but no way I'd pick UTSA over SMU.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The football aspect aside, how could that even be a choice? UTSA is a cheap commuter school, while SMU has history, and is a of a school to get degree from. Just the contacts he will make will give him such a leg up for the rest of his life. I have nothing against UTSA, my wife teaches there, but no way I'd pick UTSA over SMU.
    Now you've done it.

How ironic that he messed with UT, commited to go home to Louisville, UT took his coach and then Strong didn't want him at Texas.

What a crazy way it all worked out for him, but I'm glad he'll find a home and probably play a lot.
    I really do wish him well but just goes to show that sometimes handling your recruitment as professional and as honest as possible is always the best way to go. In this case it appears that playing the game backfired on him. Cir stances such as these is why I respect the way certain prospects such as our Jerrod Heard, LSU's Jamal Adams and Solomon Thomas handled their recruitment. They were as high level a prospect as one could be but they never led schools on and consistently managed themselves well. Surely there are other recruits who did just as well but those are the recent ones who come to mind.

@jr_2015Athlete: Got to meet coach strong today ��

2015 Safety Larry Pryor Jr. of Sulpher Springs
    4 Star, Ranked 91st in ESPN Jr. 300

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It shows one has money.

But a of a degree? Compared to what? UTSA?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It shows one has money.

It's one degree that makes it almost impossible not to get a job. Of course, your daddeh is probably the CEO of something if you went there.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

speed
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/900155/h...376?********=1

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    lol SMU.

Rice would be a of school to get a degree from

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's one degree that makes it almost impossible not to get a job. Of course, your daddeh is probably the CEO of something if you went there.
    The nepotism cronyism degree.

Peachy...

And for females you get a beau to support the shoppn. Enlightening. Pass on that degree, thanks.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So Sumlin offered the kid then pulled it away? Surely Strong can use for a little negative recruiting fuel you would think
    Well, we have 2 RB's committed already. Not sure of his official offer date, but there just isn't much room for another RB.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It shows one has money.

It's a tier two school, same as ags, Baylor and TCU, but the connections when you graduate are what make it so valuable. The same can be said for Texas, atm, and Rice. Again, comparing it to UTSA, there is no comparison.

The nepotism cronyism degree.

Peachy...

And for females you get a beau to support the shoppn. Enlightening. Pass on that degree, thanks.
    Welcome to the real world

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It's a tier two school, same as ags
    yeah, you don't know what you're talking about. I recommend you just stop.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on Poona or Bonney? I also imagine we're going to pull in a DE from somewhere with all the feelers we've put out in the past few days — the only question is whom will it be?

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    I'd offer his brother, Kaleb.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    strong in poteet

Rumors that big '15 Texas target, potentially Boyd or Pryor, comes off the board soon and commits to A&M

@SBN_Wescott: #Horns may land OT in 2014, as Colorado commit Elijah Rodriguez will take OV this weekend. #hookem http://t.co/GotLHoxUvy

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah, you don't know what you're talking about. I recommend you just stop.
    You're right, they are a tier 1 school, they are ranked 60 in USNWR rankings and behind only Rice and Texas.

Post less you will look smarter

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You're right, they are a tier 1 school, they are ranked 60 in USNWR rankings and behind only Rice and Texas.

Post less you will look smarter
    Whatever works for you

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Whatever works for you
    Just admit you were wrong and then STFU

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Just admit you were wrong and then STFU
    You already admitted I was right about you being wrong.

Weirdo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I guess you have no idea what sarcasm is, so let me spell it out for you.

A degree from SMU is better than a degree from any other school in Texas outside of Rice and Texas. There are only 59 universities in the US ranked higher, so yea,you were wrong

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I guess you have no idea what sarcasm is, so let me spell it out for you.

A degree from SMU is better than a degree from any other school in Texas outside of Rice and Texas. There are only 59 universities in the US ranked higher, so yea,you were wrong
    Winner

Thread Information