Page 29 of 238 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from the high school coach of DE Jake McMillon on his commitment to Texas (OrangeBloods). McMillon has started for Abilene since he was a freshman:

"He called coach (Bo) Davis and coach (Mack) Brown both after visiting there on Saturday and committed to the Longhorns this morning," Abilene head coach Steve Warren said.

"It was tough on him. At the end of the day, he felt really at home (at Texas),"
    Warren said. "He felt like it's a family down there and he felt comfortable there."

"You're talking about a guy that's almost 6-3, 250 pounds, runs in the 4.6s in the 40,"
    Warren said recently.

"He has great explosion, great strength. And he's a tremendous kid, a really good kid," Warren said.

"He's versatile. He can play a lot of places on the defensive line. I know (Texas) likes to move their guys around, and he has the speed to play on the edge and he's plenty strong and can play inside. I kind of think that's what they liked about him is that he can help out in different areas."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Colt McCoy to the 49ers!!!

Post Count
    Sounds like it won't happen today as some thought would be the cast. Inside Texas saying Brenham coach Glen West feels Darrion is not 100% and has some reservations so he advised him not commit until he is certain.
    I rather him take his time than commit and decommit at the last second.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 CB Jalen Campbell of Corpus Christi Flour Bluff talks his UT commitment (24/7):

“I wanted to commit to the coaches in-person, and if I didn't do it then the next chance I would have would have been this summer at the camp,” Campbell said. “I couldn't wait to sit down and tell Coach Brown and Coach Akina I was coming.”

“They've (Texas) always been my No. 1 school,” Campbell said. “LSU was the first school that sent me anything, so they were up there. Once Texas offered, they were my childhood favorite and the offer put them over the top.”

“My family is loyal,” Campbell said. “Coach Brown didn't even need to explain it (the no-visit policy) to me. My family wouldn't have let me commit anywhere unless I was 100-percent sure that's where I wanted to be."

“I'm done,” he added. “I'm through with recruiting and it's a relief that it's over and I'm committed to Texas.”

“A lot of people down here never even get a D-I look, let alone an offer from Texas,” Campbell said. “Everybody down here likes Texas, and from the time I got the offer it's been a big deal to my friends, my family and everyone at school.”

“I had no idea things were going to get that big,” Campbell said. “After I got the MVP (at the Rivals camp) I was doing an interview and everyone kept telling me that this was just the beginning. It's been crazy for the past two weeks.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More quotes from 2015 RB Soso Jamabo of Plano West (OrangeBloods):

"It was a great visit. When it started off, I got a tour of the campus. That was great. It's a beautiful campus," Jamabo said. "Then I got to see all the coaches, see the facilities - they were all just awesome. Finally, I got to meet Mack Brown and had a nice talk with him. Later on, he offered me a scholarship."

"Mack is a such a prestigious coach. I've always wanted to meet him,"
    Jamabo said. "To meet him and have him offer a scholarship was amazing."

"I haven't really made a list of favorite schools so far, but Texas is definitely a favorite of mine. It's an awesome program, I've always hoped they would be recruiting me,"
    Jamabo said. "They'd definitely be up there with the top schools."

"I think my strength are size are positives, and my quickness. I run with a lot of aggression and like to get outside, make people miss and use my speed,"
    Jamabo said. "I need to work on getting tough, hitting holes, getting dirty and running people over when I get a chance."

"I'm definitely going to take my time with my decision,"
    Jamabo said. "It's a big thing making decision on what college you want to go to. I want to talk to people around me, try to narrow things down, figure out what school is the best for me. "It will probably be later down the road on that."

"It's just the people around me. They push me to keep working hard,"
    Jamabo said. "Even know that I have some offers, they tell me to keep working hard, give glory to God. I just try to surround myself with people who tell me to keep working hard."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with 2015 S Larry Pryor of Sulphur Springs (HornsNation):

“I was very excited. I didn’t think anything like that would happen to me, being a sop re and all,”
    Pryor said. “Coach Mack called me into his office, showed me around and sat me down and talked to me about the university and how I’d fit in there. And then he offered me.”

“He said he expects big things out of me,”
    Pryor said, “and he’s going to come watch me in May and he knows I’m a good player.”

“I wasn’t planning on committing at all,”
    he said. “Not right then. I still want to think about it some. I feel like I’m in good shape right now.”

“I’m looking forward to seeing who wants me and who else is interested and talking to me,”
    he said. “I’m still thinking I’m a year away, probably.”

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Armanti Foreman has decommitted from OU

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Armanti Foreman has decommitted from OU
    Good stuff. Seems like Texas is chipping away at that recruitment.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ugh...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    William Wilkerson ‏@ESPNwilkerson 1m
    After visit, #Texas remains No. 1 for Louisiana DT Courtney Garnett -

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DT Courtney Garnett of New Orleans, LA after his unofficial visit to Texas for the spring game (HornsNation). He's visiting OU next week and still wants to see Ole Miss before making a decision, but he's scheduled to be back in Austin the weekend of April 12th along with CB Jermaine Roberts and possibly S Mattrell McGraw:

“From now on I am comparing everybody to Texas because I think Texas is probably going to be the school I go to,” Garnett said. “I don’t know yet. Who knows?”

“Coach [Mack] Brown was just telling us how it’s an opportunity for a lot of the players that he is recruiting to play early because a lot of players will be leaving,”
    Garnett said. “The way it’s looking for me, if I do come in, I’m going to play early.”

“Talked with Coach Bo; I was in the meeting being able to see him coach the guys,”
    he said. “A firsthand take on how he coaches the guys was real cool. I think Coach Bo is a very energetic guy. I can see myself being coached by him. I can see myself coming to Texas.”

“It’s very important (to get to know your position coach) because you want to build a relationship with him. You want to know who he is going to bring in and how he is going to use you. I think it’s very important.”

“I know my teammate Jermaine [Roberts] likes it here,”
    Garnett said. “I’ll talk it over with my parents and if this is the place I want to be, then it may be the place. I still want to go to my other visits.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas saying this morning that while it is not definite, we should look for QB Jalen Overstreet to move to safety from this point on and through fall camp. The report suggests he's receptive to the position switch because he wants to be on the field more than anything.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Trey Lealaimatafao tweeting WR Armanti Foreman:

AK-TREY▲55 ‏@TreyL55 48m
    @MoneyItHurt aye you and your bro needa come join the Longhorn fam \m/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Max Olson ‏@max_olson 3m
    Texas RB commit Daniel Gresham (@DanielGresham33) landed his 11th offer today from #Arkansas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from the father of WR Armanti Foreman on the family's decision to de-commit from Oklahoma (HornsNation):

"It's nothing against the university,"
    said Darreck Foreman, Armanti's father. "We did it in fairness to the University of Oklahoma, their fans, Coach [Bob] Stoops and Coach [Jay] Norvell, who has been absolutely wonderful."

"I spoke with Coach Norvell last night, and he has been informed that that was our decision. It's almost like being in a marriage. When you're committed, you're committed. You're not looking around, and right now, at 16 years old, these other schools are coming into play. I think we kind of made a rushed decision. I mean, it was Oklahoma. ... We just decided to step back and kind of open it up."

"He's (Armanti) building a relationship with that (Texas) coaching staff, and he and [receivers] Coach [Darrell] Wyatt are pretty close,"
    Darreck Foreman said. "That's not at all to say that he's decided to go to UT. But he was up there looking at the sights. ... They've been showing him the offense and where he would fit in."

"The only way I don't see him playing with his brother is if, for whatever reason, D'Onta has to go a different route,"
    Darreck Foreman said. "I don't see that happening."

"I want to make this clear -- Oklahoma by no means is out of the picture,"
    Foreman said. "We really respect Oklahoma. We really respect Coach Norvell. This decision was made out of respect for them and what they brought to the table for us."

"I don't want people to think it's a slap in the face to Oklahoma."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fortunately no one is offering Roberson. His only out of state offer is Bama and if he's passing that up then idk who the he's waiting for.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Why does he have two Twitter accounts?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think LSU has offered as well.

EDIT: Not sure what you mean, Bloeddyr10.
    Last edited by ColinB; 04-02-2013 at 03:43 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah he has another account

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with S Jamal Adams (HornsNation):

“Every day. They all (Texas commitments) stay in my ear,”
    Adams said Saturday after running at Texas Relays. “Text me, Twitter, everything. They do it up. They tell me every day, ‘Man, you need to commit and stop playing.’ They always say I’m next.”

“Man, it’s a great group of guys,”
    he said. “I mean, the day I met them I bonded with them. I already knew it was going to be a brotherhood. I’m real good friends with them.”

“It’ll narrow it down a little bit in the summer,”
    he said. “But it’s not going to be a decision. I’m definitely going to be my time with that. I really don’t know about official visits yet. I’m definitely enjoying this. You only get it once.”

“Coach Akina is a good guy,”
    he said. “I hear nothing but positive vibes about him from different coaches. He’s definitely a good coach.”

“I haven’t really stepped out,”
    he said. “I want to step out in the summer and really open my eyes a little bit more.”

“Oh yeah, it (being friends with the Texas commitments) definitely is (making a difference),” Adams said. “You could already have a brotherhood, a family-type environment, already starting off before you go to school. That’s a big factor.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Are both legit?

@priencecharming

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Longview's head coach speaks about Texas offering WR Dorian Leonard (OrangeBloods):

"He's big, strong, physical. He has great hands and runs pretty good routes for a kid that's a multisport athlete," King said. "He's not just a total football player. He's involved in basketball too. He's very similar to what Malcolm Kelly was for us back in '03 and '04."

"We're going to try to improve his route running and his downfield speed,"
    King said. "Those are two areas he can improve on. If he gets committed to his off-season training, doing some things on his own, he should be able to improve."

"He's a very quiet, soft spoken kid,"
    King said. "He's unassuming and he lives for game time. I can tell you that he's definitely a different at game time than he is throughout the week."

"We've been in contact with coach (Stacy) Searels, who has been recruiting him all along. They thought they would go ahead and offer him. He's a big body, a guy they think can single up on one wide receiver side,"
    King said. "He's physical, he blocks well, catches well."

"I don't know if he understands the significance of that (Texas offer). He's kind of new to the recruiting process,"
    King said. "He was excited about the opportunity to meet coach (Mack) Brown."

"He hasn't indicated to me that he's ready to commit anywhere or anything like that. He has quite a few options but he hasn't indicated to me that he has any favorites or anything."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like OL Terrell Cuney has been named an Army All-American.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DT Trey Lealaimatafao and his high school coach on his commitment to Texas (24/7):

“He works hard in the weight room and he plays with a lot of excitement,” Dausin said. “He just loves football. Everything he does is goal oriented and he's always looking at how he can get better every day.”

“He plays with a high motor,” Dausin said. “He's physical, strong and he gets to the football.”

“You can't get him off the field,” Dausin said. “If he's hurt he'll never tell you. If you pull him off the field he'll fight you to get back in the game. He hates to lose.”
    “I wouldn't play as hard as I do if I didn't want to dominate,” Lealaimatafao said. “I just love the game.”

“It was a big change,” Lealaimatafao said. “I loved the intensity. To be at the practice was big for me in helping me make my decision.”

“They wanted me to stay home, but they said it was my choice,” Lealaimatafao said of his family. “Ole Miss was my second choice, but that costs a lot to fly there every week. At Texas I'm right up the road. They love it.”

“He's a fun kid to be around but he's not a clown,” Dausin said. “He has so much fun because he loves the game so much.”

Thread Information