Page 30 of 238 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The latest with OL Terrell Cuney of Jasper (OrangeBloods):

"I'm still trying to take it all in,"
    Cuney said.

"Everyone already knew they were my number one school. I had been checking around a few places, but nothing is like the Longhorns," Cuneys said. "I grew up loving the Longhorns."

"I pretty much knew that's where I wanted to go, I was just waiting to make sure everything was right. I didn't want to rush. When I walked in there, I just felt like I had waited long enough, so I decided to go ahead and do it."

"They (other schools) just didn't match what the Longhorns have,"
    Cuney said. "It's not just that they have more, it's just the part that I grew up loving Texas. I've always loved Texas, my town loves Texas. I just feel loved when you're there, you feel like you're special. And the people there love their team too."

"I didn't know I was going to commit. I went in there with just the same old mentality,"
    Cuney said. "I had a thought when I got there, but didn't know the whole way down there. When i got there, it was like God was talking to me, telling me it was right."

"I'm glad I'm done with it. It's a big burden taken off me."

"My mom already had been wanting me to go ahead and commit,"
    Cuney said. "She was just trying to make sure I went to college. So she was cool with the decision."

"I can see myself playing for them any day,"
    Cuney said. "I think they know I can play anything, but I'll probably play center. I'm going to give it everything I've got, every year I'm there so I can try to compete for a champ every year I'm there. I don't like to lose, so I'll go hard at it."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from WR Dorian Leonard of Longview on his Texas offer (HornsNation):

"My coaches told me that they (Texas coaches) wanted to talk to me and when I got down there (Austin) they were going to offer me. So I went down there for Texas Relays, and I stopped over there. They showed me the campus."

"[Offensive line] Coach [Stacy] Searels and [co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers] Coach [Darrell] Wyatt (showed me around)."

"It (Texas) is in my top two or three schools. It is one of the offers I was waiting on."

"I know they have a good education program and a really good football program, too. They were one of the schools that I rooted for."

"Oklahoma [junior day] and Texas are the only visits (so far). I want to make a visit to Texas Tech soon. I just don’t know when."

"I’m going to take my time and weigh all of my options. I’ll have my decision next year, probably like in the middle or close to the end of football season."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More quotes from 2015 ATH Chris Warren or Rockwall (HornsNation):

“A commitment is not going to come until my senior year,” Warren said. “That’s final. There’s no reason to commit this early. I have no reason to commit.”

“Whatever happens, happens,” he said. “If God has me grow some more, he has me grow some more. If I play a different position, I play a different position. It is what it is. I really would like to stay at my position and be recruited there.”

“There are running backs everywhere,”
    he said. “They’re going to get offered regardless. I think if they’re thinking about getting them instead of me, I just need to work harder to get to where they want me to be the guy.”

“They (Texas) look like they know what they’re doing all the time,”
    he said. “They’re never confused or poorly coached. They’re really explosive and they’re straightforward.”

“I hope so (other schools start offering earlier). That would be a great honor,”
    Warren said. "I’m not exactly worried because of how early it is. But it would be really nice.”

“I’m getting noticed out there,”
    he said. “All that really does is motivate the team to work harder so they (Warren's teammates) get noticed. It brings people into the school.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting that 2015 TE Bobby Evans (younger brother of LB Tay Evans) of Allen has what amounts to an unofficial offer from Texas. He attended the first Junior Day with this brother but is supposed to be back in Austin at some point this month to sit down with Mack.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on 2015 DT Daylon Mack of Gladewater (OrangeBloods):

"What really stood out to me, when (Bo Davis) was telling me I'd have a chance to play early or even start. Some of their guys would be gone by the time I got there so I could come in play as a true freshman. That stood out to me."

"I got to meet with him (Mack Brown), sit in his office. He showed me some of the things he has, his national championship ring and other cool stuff. It was a real honor,"
    Mack said. "I really didn't even know what to say when I first saw him I was so shocked. It's a real honor for to sit in there, for him to tell me how much he wants me to play for his team."

"They're even (A&M and Texas). I knew when I got those two offers, it was pretty close between those two teams. A&M was leading a little. But Texas really just showed me a good time. Those are my two top teams, and they're really the only two schools I've visited."

"I like him (Bo Davis). He's a really cool coach,"
    Mack said. "I can tell he keeps (his players) comfortable, they feel good being away from home. I'd like love to play for someone like that."

"I feel like I showed my ball get-off and my strength (at the Rivals camp). And my footwork and agility,"
    Mack said. "It really shocked me (to get the Five-Star Challenge invitation), it feels pretty good. Going into the camp, I just wanted to see where I stood, where I compared with the best guys."

"It's a real honor to have that (ranking, but being number one, you have to keep playing like number one or lose your spot. It's pressure, but it also feels good."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from the father of WR Trey Quinn on their unofficial visit to Texas (24/7):

“We had a great visit,” Mr. Quinn said. “Coach [Mack] Brown is a man of high character and integrity, and Coach [Major] Applewhite and and Coach [Darrell] Wyatt were first class.”

“Our visit with Coach Brown,” Mr. Quinn said. “It was by far the highlight.”

“Yes (Trey would be a good fit in the UT offense), but we felt that way before seeing the scrimmage,” Mr. Quinn said. “We've been fans of the Shipley brothers and how their skills have been utilized at UT.”

“The trip was a big help to both sides,” Mr. Quinn said.

“He's taking all of these unofficial visits now in hopes of deciding before his senior year,” Mr. Quinn said. “We don't want to wait to announce at an All-Star game or signing day.”

“Yes (we plan on coming back to UT),” Mr. Quinn said. “Austin is a very drivable distance for us.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas reporting that WR Marcus Perkins of Garland Naaman Forest will be making an unofficial visit to UT on Saturday before he heads to San Marcos for the Texas State spring game. He committed to TSU at the beginning of March and I'm not sure he realizes how good he is because it's hard to see that commitment sticking. He only played in one game his junior year due to an injury so that's why you'll see a lack of offers. Difficult to tell just how interested UT is at this point because he's quite similar to WR Roderick Bernard, but we'll see what happens. Perkins will travel to A&M on Friday for their "Friday Night Lights" event. He was unable to attend Texas' second Junior Day.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1255567/...ights/28928380

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2015 CB Jalen Campell (and his father) of Corpus Christi Flour Bluff (HornsNation):

"It's almost overwhelming," Shawn Campbell said. "It all happened pretty quick. We're pushing and pushing in the grass and the dirt here in Corpus Christi, and next thing you know, he blew up."

"It evolved over that week," Jalen said. "It took a while for me to even realize what happened and how blessed I am. After that week, I really got to soak it all in and think about the offer. Once I got up to the school, I figured I was ready."

"Texas was always our No. 1," Shawn Campbell said. "It's right there and it's close. He loves Texas and we love Texas. We didn't know what schools were going to come, but we were really hoping for Texas. It was almost a dream come true for him."

"We all know UT recruits No. 1 guys," he said. "Where I'm from, nobody goes to UT. That's like the highest-ranked college. That seems crazy."

"They go for the No. 1 guys in Texas, the No. 1 guys in the nation. I never thought I was going to be one of the top-10 guys in the state. It opened my eyes to what I can do."

"We're very loyal and very committed to whatever our word is," Shawn Campbell said. "We gave our word. He's all-in with Texas. If Alabama or Georgia or whoever wants you, that's great. At the end of the day, you need to get a Texas education."

"We told him that might not be a good idea to have an LSU picture painted up," his father said. "We don't want Mack Brown calling and saying, 'What is this?' That doesn't look right."

"I think after last weekend, everybody in town knew about the offer," Campbell said. "Everybody started getting all crazy and stuff. I can't wait to see what happens after this week."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 S Larry Pryor of Sulphur Springs gives an update on his recruitment (24/7):

“The visit (to Texas) was a good one,” Pryor said. “I had a great time. I enjoyed spending time with Coach (Mack) Brown. He showed me around, then took me to his office. I took a few pictures with him and tried on some rings. He then let me see all the awards they had there, which were a ton. I took pictures with those, too.”

"After we did the pictures and that type of stuff he (Mack Brown) sat me down,” explained Pryor. “We talked about the university for a little bit and about the football program. He explained what they’re trying to do there. That’s when he offered me. They let me know that they loved my film and said I’m a very physical player, which is what they need at Texas”

“Getting that offer from Texas was great,” said Pryor. “I was amazed. I had never been so excited about something in my life. It was a great feeling. To hear the coaches tell you that was amazing. It was such an honor and I felt great about it.”

“Texas is my favorite right now,” Pryor told Hookem.com. “But I also like Texas A&M and Texas Tech. Those are two others that have caught my eye.”

“I haven’t been to Texas Tech yet, but will head there later this month. As for Texas A&M, I haven’t been back since my last visit to check them out, which I’m anxious to do. I’ll be going there on April 13th and Texas Tech on the 20th for the first time,” he added.

“Texas A&M is pretty close to knocking Texas off,” said Pryor. “Like I said though, I have to check them out again. I want to see their style of play and how exactly they do things there. They haven’t offered yet, but I’m hoping they do. I’m just going to be patient. If they did offer though, it would be a big deal.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Just heard aou the Derick Roberson tweet.

They were:

Idk where i want to go to college, but im low-key trying to get out of Texas though.
    And

Im just waiting for _________ to offer me then its a done deal
    Any idea what is going on with his recruitment?

The tweets have since been deleted.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Already been mentioned in this thread and no one really knows.
    I find those tweets odd considering players usually aren't that explicit about their recruitment on twitter. So either Derick is stupid or someone else tweeted that.

Jeff Howe said: "As far as I know he's solid. I don't put much stock into what a 17-year-old tweets out -- you never know what might have prompted it or if he even posted it himself.I've attempted to reach out Roberson this evening but so far I haven't been able to touch base with him. If I hear anything you know I'll pass it along."

Some other guy in the same thread said: "Derick is committed to Texas. Believe me."
    I have no idea how reliable this^ is though.
    Last edited by ThePop; 04-05-2013 at 12:10 AM.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any idea what is going on with his recruitment?

The issue is a lot bigger than one recruit. If Mack suffers losses like he did last year there will be potential mass exodus - especially if commits sense Mack will be gone. Texas needs a big year - there will be no wiggle room.

Regarding Roberson, he's one of the top DEs in the state and a national recruit, the tweets are very odd considering a player like that could essentially pickup offer wherever he wanted to go you would think.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    A&M's Friday Night Lights expected visitors list for those interested:

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
    C/O 2014
    Arlington Martin DE Myles Garrett
    Seven Lakes DE Jarrett Johnson
    Cy-Falls LB Otaro Alaka
    Dallas Skyline CB Cedric Collins
    Skyline OL Ty Barrett
    Klein Oak LB Josh Mabin
    Gilmer LB Josh Walker
    North Forney CB Armani Watts
    Bossier City (LA) QB Brandon Harris
    Fort Bend Travis DB Nick Harvey
    Kingwood Park TE Jordan Feuerbacher
    Memphis (TN) University P Gary Wunderlich
    Lake Travis RB Shaun Nixon
    West Mesquite S Dylan Sumner Gardner
    Kinkaid TE/WR Mavin Saunders
    Cypress Ridge WR Darius Crawley

C/O 2015
    Longview RB Jamychal Hasty
    Dallas Bishop Lynch RB R.J. Williams
    Dallas Prime Academy WR James Proche
    Cedar Hill WR DaMarkus Lodge
    Gilmer RB Kris Boyd
    Houston Lamar RB Ronnie Wesley
    Katy RB Rodney Anderson
    Ennis DL James Lockhart
    FB Bush OL Joshua Jones
    Missouri City Ridge Point LB Cameron Townsend
    The Woodlands RB Patrick Carr
    Clear Lake TE Jordan Davis (FSU commit)
    Cypress Ridge WR Kemah Siverand

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What exactly is Friday night lights?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    It's just an open practice/scrimmage under the lights at Kyle that Sumlin started last year. Open to the public and a big recruiting weekend for him. Next weekend 4/13 is the actual A&M spring game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Is it bad that Friday Night Lights is the same weekend as Chilifest?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bad for who?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i mean, it's open to the public and the public is at chilifest. Well, most of the students anyway.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M's Friday Night Lights expected visitors list for those interested:
    Jarrett Johnson and Otaro Alaka are down to Texas and A&M as co-leaders and look to make a decision shortly after so will be a big visit for both.

The biggest battle from that list is one Texas looks to be out of unfortunately as Myles Garrett is a beast. It will be big night for Ags to make an impression as I know Garrett is tight with former teammate D-Fields at TCU and loves idea of playing with him, and TCU is selling Field's freshman season and they won't be afraid to start another freshman. A&M and TCU appear to be 1a and 1b.

Rugged like Rwanda SpursNextRomanEmpire's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I thought it might be a bad thing as well, but I was there and the entire lower west side bowl was filled.

Sumlin also had a live DJ, which was pretty sick.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Looks like Sumlin isn't matching Mack's new tactic of offering all these juniors early. A lot of 2015 guys left today without an offer.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I thought it might be a bad thing as well, but I was there and the entire lower west side bowl was filled.

Sumlin also had a live DJ, which was pretty sick.
    gotta love Sumlin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any fireworks for Aggie??

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    No commitments last night.

I do think A&M is in great shape with both Jarrett Johnson and Myles Garrett and expect them to commit to A&M in the near future.

Still don't know about Alaka. From everything i've read it seems pretty wide open but if I had to guess, I would say Texas is still leading here.

A&M offered 3 C/O 2015 guys last night. Katy RB Rodney Anderson, West Orange-Stark S Deionte Thompson and University Lab (LA) RB Nick Brossette.

Thread Information